LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:17 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D View Post
You mean the Republicans? None of them paid any attention.
The Republicans too, as well as the media. There is simply too much money tied up in the Federal Reserve, foreign oil, federal income tax to give someone like Ron Paul even the slightest opportunity to give power back to the people.
Most Republicans have their fingers in this pie just like the controlled media moguls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Such hyper-partisanship. The same embarrassing scenario played out on both sides. In fact, I'll argue that the Dem's treatment of Dennis Kucinich was far worse than GOP treatment of Paul, if only because of Dr. Paul's fund raising abilities. Laugh off Kucinich all you want, he was the Dem's answer to Ron Paul, and an intellectual giant in a race of corporate clowns.

The corporate media did all they could to marginalize and ridicule the only two candidates in the race who supported dissolution of power, because they were perceived as threats.
That's right and I'll agree with Shane, that America was generally to dumb to vote Paul or Kucinich, instead the masses rely on CNN and Fox news to spoon feed them information and tell them who they should vote for rather than researching independently who could really change things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Such hyper-partisanship. The same embarrassing scenario played out on both sides. In fact, I'll argue that the Dem's treatment of Dennis Kucinich was far worse than GOP treatment of Paul, if only because of Dr. Paul's fund raising abilities. Laugh off Kucinich all you want, he was the Dem's answer to Ron Paul, and an intellectual giant in a race of corporate clowns.

The corporate media did all it could to marginalize and ridicule the only two candidates in the race who supported dissolution of power, because they were perceived as threats.
I gave Ron Paul's campaign my first ever donation of the kind. So it's not for nothing that I tell you Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are unelectable. Not because they're "threats", but because they aren't Presidential. They're not even in the same dictionary as the word Presidential. And as we just saw 8 days ago, that's significant.

All of the attributes you can assign to Barack Obama can be equated with one being Presidential. It was easy for people to imagine him leading the country, and doing so in a manner befitting the office.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich (meh) have important roles to play in government, and it's not in the oval office. It may be in the West wing, but not the oval office. Didn't matter fuck all what the media said or did to them; it was obvious to everyone that those guys were not comfortable enough in their own skin to lead the free world. My two cents.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I gave Ron Paul's campaign my first ever donation of the kind. So it's not for nothing that I tell you Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich are unelectable. Not because they're "threats", but because they aren't Presidential. They're not even in the same dictionary as the word Presidential. And as we just saw 8 days ago, that's significant.

All of the attributes you can assign to Barack Obama can be equated with one being Presidential. It was easy for people to imagine him leading the country, and doing so in a manner befitting the office.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich (meh) have important roles to play in government, and it's not in the oval office. It may be in the West wing, but not the oval office. My two cents.

And you think Obama is "presidential?" More like manipulator/bullshitter #1.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Obama is a natural "leader". Paul and Kucinich are not. Which is fine if we want to continue down the path we've been treading. When enough people are dissatisfied with the status quo, they may turn to the likes of Paul or Kucinich, just as they turned to Ross Perot 16 years ago...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by What is it with CLK Operators?
Well, maybe we can convince him to put on whiteface for you guys before his first term is over.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Obama is a natural "leader". Paul and Kucinich are not. Which is fine if we want to continue down the path we've been treading. When enough people are dissatisfied with the status quo, they may turn to the likes of Paul or Kucinich, just as they turned to Ross Perot 16 years ago...
Don't remind me how I wasted that vote 16 years ago
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK Operator View Post
You are very much in the minority, as it should be.

OBK #35

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Don't remind me how I wasted that vote 16 years ago
If Perot hadn't flaked out by picking a retard running mate and dropping out, then back into the race, he may have actually pulled it off. In the end, I don't really believe Perot was a dipshit, he just wasn't committed to the idea of leading our country.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Where is my baiting post?
Klienicanth Modious most likley:

They'll make short work of even wire leaders.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
damit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in