post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank You All

First, thank you to all the Moderators that closed my thread and at this point, lets keep it closed.

I came back today in hopes to see a thread I started on celebrating the freedoms of man kind continue its originally intended path. I did not at one point ever isolate one race or gender in the thread. Yet, sadly enough, it wasn't enough for some who appose the meaning of the thread to chime in with every bit of hatred and anger. Some post even against me I didn't mind because that is freedom of speech. What breaks me a little is to come back and see how ugly it got.

Something some must clearly keep in mind, you where the ones to walk on a grave sight and tarnish the good name of all the men and women I was trying to celebrate. Thank you, to the CLk operatives and the Multipurposes for clearly ignoring the base line of a positive thread. Thank you for showing that your interpersonal intelligence was presented in the most extreme of childishness. I guess it wasn't enough that people chose to post true stories of sacrifice like FTL did, or like QBNCR did, or like Zietgiest did (sorry if I spelled your names wrong). It wasn't enough that CLKman posted a war hero who went to battle for our rights his own son. Thank you for taking every meaning of that thread and pulling it apart so you can increase your image and recognition on this forum. It wasn't enough to just leave that thread alone and start your own on what ever grievances you bare towards any particular subject. You had to walk on a grave sight and zip your pants down and star peeing on the memory of all these people.

So for this I thank you. If you choose to reply in a negative manner to this thread be my guess thats a freedom you hold. I will not honor a negative response.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
But I voted for McGovern.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Just goes to show what Obama is up against.... In all honesty I'm not sure how pleased or proud to feel about the election of Obama. Was the election some act of mass enlightenment, or simply another swing of an ever-widening pendulum? How would we feel about President Duke in 4 years? Don't think it can't happen...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
But I voted for McGovern.
LOL, Shane to be honest, I didn't even imagine it going that far. I didn't even see it coming to where it went. I truly thought that since this forum is made up of an diverse type of people and can be accessed from around the world, people would enjoy talking about their personal freedoms and those they know that sacrificed for it. It had nothing to do with one particular race. And further more I never even mentioned BO in the beginning of the thread. I never even posted one pix of BO as a reference base for the thread. The deep psychological sadness of it all is no one seemed to see that but a few who contributed.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
First, thank you to all the Moderators that closed my thread and at this point, lets keep it closed.

I came back today in hopes to see a thread I started on celebrating the freedoms of man kind continue its originally intended path. I did not at one point ever isolate one race or gender in the thread. Yet, sadly enough, it wasn't enough for some who appose the meaning of the thread to chime in with every bit of hatred and anger. Some post even against me I didn't mind because that is freedom of speech. What breaks me a little is to come back and see how ugly it got.

Something some must clearly keep in mind, you where the ones to walk on a grave sight and tarnish the good name of all the men and women I was trying to celebrate. Thank you, to the CLk operatives and the Multipurposes for clearly ignoring the base line of a positive thread. Thank you for showing that your interpersonal intelligence was presented in the most extreme of childishness. I guess it wasn't enough that people chose to post true stories of sacrifice like FTL did, or like QBNCR did, or like Zietgiest did (sorry if I spelled your names wrong). It wasn't enough that CLKman posted a war hero who went to battle for our rights his own son. Thank you for taking every meaning of that thread and pulling it apart so you can increase your image and recognition on this forum. It wasn't enough to just leave that thread alone and start your own on what ever grievances you bare towards any particular subject. You had to walk on a grave sight and zip your pants down and star peeing on the memory of all these people.

So for this I thank you. If you choose to reply in a negative manner to this thread be my guess thats a freedom you hold. I will not honor a negative response.
You Da Man Sly, I am glad to be considered your friend.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Just goes to show what Obama is up against.... In all honesty I'm not sure how pleased or proud to feel about the election of Obama. Was the election some act of mass enlightenment, or simply another swing of an ever-widening pendulum? How would we feel about President Duke in 4 years? Don't think it can't happen...
Well, I for one stand tall behind my vote as any one who voted for McCain and Palin should. Those who voted for McCain did so believing America would be a better place and so they should be proud of their vote. I see many people who didn't want to vote for Obama did. To me thats some running with the crowed. I took my time weighing my options between both parties. Once McCain chose Palin, I had the chance to see what she had to offer. Once Obama chose Biden I saw what he had to offer. Once I had a chance to see the debates I realized what I wanted. I never started out a Barack supporter, I actually was going to vote for Hillary and if she couldn't cut it, then I would have voted for McCain. Then BO came into the picture.

I did my research, I enjoyed the information giving to me from both sides, and feel McCain really and honestly wanted to do right by this country, but he had a failed campaign strategy that back fired on him. Its name is Palin. Every body on this board can agree that had McCain picked any other VP his chances of winning would have increased at least by 30% making it a neck and neck race, he didn't and lost.

The GOP now is fighting and the McCain camp and the Palin camp are fighting now. Over money, or face time and a series of other things. It was this inner squabbling of the McCain campaign that brought him down. I never wanted to see such a huge margin of win for Obama and I have stated that. Why you may ask, because to me it reflects a divide that should not be there. Both parties have to make policies and govern this country.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
To be honest I'm still shocked at some of the responses in that thread. Some people will never see the good in others, and they will just have to be tolerated and ignored, and hopefully they will not gain political power for a while.

OBK #35

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D View Post
To be honest I'm still shocked at some of the responses in that thread. Some people will never see the good in others, and they will just have to be tolerated and ignored, and hopefully they will not gain political power for a while.
Yeah me too. I live by a college here where the younger voters feel happy about the turn this country is taking. It was their vote that helped because the younger voters know it will be them running this country when we are gone and want to start some where on changing things. So yes, I am happy. Yes I am proud that all Americans had a chance to get out there and speak their peace by voting. When I talk to the college students no matter who they voted for they all understand clearly that BO now will have to work even harder to make the things he said bare fruit. But this time around they feel they can be part of that process as so do I.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I wanted to post this on the other thread, guess I'll post it here:
Quote:

I have had two masters. My first master's name was Anthony. I do not remember his first name. He was generally called Captain Anthony--a title which, I presume, he acquired by sailing a craft on the Chesapeake Bay. He was not considered a rich slaveholder. He owned two or three farms, and about thirty slaves. His farms and slaves were under the care of an overseer. The overseer's name was Plummer. Mr. Plummer was a miserable drunkard, a profane swearer, and a savage monster. He always went armed with a cowskin and a heavy cudgel. I have known him to cut and slash the women's heads so horribly, that even master would be enraged at his cruelty, and would threaten to whip him if he did not mind himself. Master, however, was not a humane slaveholder. It required extraordinary barbarity on the part of an overseer to affect him. He was a cruel man, hardened by a long life of slave- holding. He would at times seem to take great pleasure in whipping a slave. I have often been awakened at the dawn of day by the most heart-rending shrieks of an own aunt of mine, whom he used to tie up to a joist, and whip upon her naked back till she was literally covered with blood. No words, no tears, no prayers, from his gory victim, seemed to move his iron heart from its bloody purpose. The louder she screamed, the harder he whipped; and where the blood ran fastest, there he whipped longest. He would whip her to make her scream, and whip her to make her hush; and not until overcome by fatigue, would he cease to swing the blood-clotted cowskin. I remember the first time I ever witnessed this horrible exhibition. I was quite a child, but I well remember it. I never shall forget it whilst I remember any thing. It was the first of a long series of such outrages, of which I was doomed to be a witness and a participant. It struck me with awful force. It was the blood-stained gate, the entrance to the hell of slavery, through which I was about to pass. It was a most terrible spectacle. I wish I could commit to paper the feelings with which I beheld it.

This occurrence took place very soon after I went to live with my old master, and under the following circumstances. Aunt Hester went out one night,-- where or for what I do not know,--and happened to be absent when my master desired her presence. He had ordered her not to go out evenings, and warned her that she must never let him catch her in company with a young man, who was paying attention to her belonging to Colonel Lloyd. The young man's name was Ned Roberts, generally called Lloyd's Ned. Why master was so careful of her, may be safely left to conjecture. She was a woman of noble form, and of graceful proportions, having very few equals, and fewer superiors, in personal appearance, among the colored or white women of our neighborhood.

Aunt Hester had not only disobeyed his orders in going out, but had been found in company with Lloyd's Ned; which circumstance, I found, from what he said while whipping her, was the chief offence. Had he been a man of pure morals himself, he might have been thought interested in protecting the innocence of my aunt; but those who knew him will not suspect him of any such virtue. Before he commenced whipping Aunt Hester, he took her into the kitchen, and stripped her from neck to waist, leaving her neck, shoulders, and back, entirely naked. He then told her to cross her hands, calling her at the same time a d----d b---h. After crossing her hands, he tied them with a strong rope, and led her to a stool under a large hook in the joist, put in for the purpose. He made her get upon the stool, and tied her hands to the hook. She now stood fair for his infernal purpose. Her arms were stretched up at their full length, so that she stood upon the ends of her toes. He then said to her, "Now, you d----d b---h, I'll learn you how to disobey my orders!" and after rolling up his sleeves, he commenced to lay on the heavy cowskin, and soon the warm, red blood (amid heart-rending shrieks from her, and horrid oaths from him) came dripping to the floor. I was so terrified and horror-stricken at the sight, that I hid myself in a closet, and dared not venture out till long after the bloody transaction was over. I expected it would be my turn next. It was all new to me. I had never seen any thing like it before. I had always lived with my grandmother on the outskirts of the plantation, where she was put to raise the children of the younger women. I had therefore been, until now, out of the way of the bloody scenes that often occurred on the plantation.

-From The Autobiography of Fredrick Douglas

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
FTL, that was some intense reading. I could never imagine the things he could have seen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in