LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
Well, let's see. You're telling me he was elected the first BLACK president at Harvard Law review, but don't want the question of race involved. Is there any possibility that being black affected the choice? Who were the other candidates?
You are contradicting yourself as you made race the only issue in these few sentences. Don't criticize others for something you just blatantly fell for. That is called mass hypocrisy and you are ringing the bell of justifiable hatred loud and clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
shit sherlock55, obama has already accomplished more then shrubco.. the uniter never got anyone together.. BO has about the same amount of experience as shrub fucker.. and BO was never just a cheerleader or a spokeperson. he actually did things and furthered some ideals and plans.. all shrub acco,plished is bringing this country down to it's knees.
Really? Then you should have absolutely no trouble listing those "accomplishments". Don't list bullshit like "furthering ideals and plans".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD View Post
I have faith in intelligence. Bush has proven the inadequacy of idiocy.
Maybe BO is not the most experienced, but I believe in his abilities.
I doubt that GB rates as highly as BO on an actual IQ test. However, if we list being elected POTUS as an "accomplishment", guess what? GB has also "accomplished" that. Where would BO be right now if he had filled these shoes when GB was re-elected? Them's mighty big shoes to fill, yes sir.
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
Really? Then you should have absolutely no trouble listing those "accomplishments". Don't list bullshit like "furthering ideals and plans".

I doubt that GB rates as highly as BO on an actual IQ test. However, if we list being elected POTUS as an "accomplishment", guess what? GB has also "accomplished" that. Where would BO be right now if he had filled these shoes when GB was re-elected? Them's mighty big shoes to fill, yes sir.
I remember people telling Obama this is the best time for him to run for POTUS because he doesn't NOT have that history in which people can pick apart. Oh and bring people together is a HUGE accomplishment that needs to be accredited. People voted locally for policies and propositions that reflect the YES WE CAN attitude BO has been championing. People all over, World Leaders from many nations have voiced their opinion and optimism for America.

He may not have the long chapter of experience you seek, but he is supported by those with Enough experience to know who they want in office.....

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Just Stop.

We are all adults on this board and only a child would consider what is going on today to be acceptable.

You would not speak to others this way, with this vitriolic rhetoric if you were a guest in their house, well...we are all guests of this board.

We have folks here from around the world and of all ages. It would be nice if, after the events of Tuesday they say an adult conversation on the subject of race relations, not a turd throwing contest.

There is a vast difference between reasonable discourse on the subject and inciting commentary. I think you know if you have crossed the line. I have talked to several folks and you have an understanding of what reasonable is on this board. If you need help in understanding, find it yourselves.

Apply critical thinking skills to your commentary on the subject. If you would not say it face to face in a room full of those who adamantly disagree with you, don't say it here.

Consider this the nice warm fuzzy warning.

McBear, That Mod Guy
I want to first off, say that I agree with you 100%. But, I feel I must add an observation of my own as to what has been tolerated on this board for such a long period of time.

I have seen pictures of Bush depicted as a chimpanzee. Fair enough, but what is to happen if someone posts a picture of Obama as a chimpanzee? Will someone suddenly snarl 'racism!'? Most definitely. I could find more examples of what I'm driving at but I think you and others get the picture.

I've seen mega turds hurled at the right on this board for the length of my membership. I've hurled my fair share of them back. EVERYONE HAS! I see no one innocent of this - period. Some are worse at it than others. But, as I feared, now that an Obama administration is on the horizon, I find it odd and quite amazing that there is a clear attempt to quell the 'opposition' against Obama and his policies with threats of warnings and bans if there is even a mistaken hint of racist overtones. Not good, IMHO, because there are so many thin skinned members here, it would be extremely difficult to criticize Obama and his policies at all without someone slinging out the race card.

I feel that the left on this board should be prepared to experience and accept a certain degree of discomfort since so much has been dealt out to the right over the last 5 years. I also think that one must be careful to blatantly toss racist comments about Obama on this board. But, when he makes decisions and policies rooted in racial overtones or racial motivations, we all should be equally prepared to accept that criticism without screaming racism at every turn.

So, in conclusion, the 'right' does not nor ever has held a monopoly on hatred and vitriol. Don't expect anyone to handle Obama with kid gloves, just because he's black, when he pulls a few dumbass maneuvers in his 4 year term. Be ready to take it. That is all.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
You are contradicting yourself as you made race the only issue in these few sentences. Don't criticize others for something you just blatantly fell for. That is called mass hypocrisy and you are ringing the bell of justifiable hatred loud and clear.
How do you figure that? I didn't bring up he was black, only questioned why it was mentioned in the first place and if it may have made a difference in his being selected. It doesn't matter to me, but it most certainly does to a lot of people. And who in hell said a word about hate??? Nothing to say, so say race, hate, etc. etc. You know what I hate? People who don't know a thing about me telling me I hate anybody. Simply discussing the possibility that race can and does figure into both the election and future of the POTUS isn't racist. Try again.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:18 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
I want to first off, say that I agree with you 100%. But, I feel I must add an observation of my own as to what has been tolerated on this board for such a long period of time.

I have seen pictures of Bush depicted as a chimpanzee. Fair enough, but what is to happen if someone posts a picture of Obama as a chimpanzee? Will someone suddenly snarl 'racism!'? Most definitely. I could find more examples of what I'm driving at but I think you and others get the picture.

I've seen mega turds hurled at the right on this board for the length of my membership. I've hurled my fair share of them back. EVERYONE HAS! I see no one innocent of this - period. Some are worse at it than others. But, as I feared, now that an Obama administration is on the horizon, I find it odd and quite amazing that there is a clear attempt to quell the 'opposition' against Obama and his policies with threats of warnings and bans if there is even a mistaken hint of racist overtones. Not good, IMHO, because there are so many thin skinned members here, it would be extremely difficult to criticize Obama and his policies at all without someone slinging out the race card.

I feel that the left on this board should be prepared to experience and accept a certain degree of discomfort since so much has been dealt out to the right over the last 5 years. I also think that one must be careful to blatantly toss racist comments about Obama on this board. But, when he makes decisions and policies rooted in racial overtones or racial motivations, we all should be equally prepared to accept that criticism without screaming racism at every turn.

So, in conclusion, the 'right' does not nor ever has held a monopoly on hatred and vitriol. Don't expect anyone to handle Obama with kid gloves, just because he's black, when he pulls a few dumbass maneuvers in his 4 year term. Be ready to take it. That is all.
A voice of reason and truth. Amen.
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
this thread sucks white balls

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz 4 Benz View Post
this thread sucks white balls
Attached to a crack...
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
^^^ Just because you cannot recognize racism doesn't mean we should ignore it. If you want arguments based on policies and facts, good for you. But the position of claiming Obama is where he is because of some misconstrued assumptions of favoritism due to his skin color is clearly racist; you can hide under the cover of political disagreement, but without facts to back your argument, it is blatant racism.

OBK #35

post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:29 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
The comments were for everyone to chill.
Does that include Mods?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in