Interesting take on America by a Brit - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Difflock's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Location: Co Antrim, Norn Ireland
Posts: 3,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
Cozette
Explain please
I am the liberal elite personified
Says it all really
Sad
Difflock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
To 420 SE (stop smokin it dude), TheOnlyBiker (who rides biatch to the girl), and dope (420 SE aggrees w/ you no wonder)

Lets look at some cold hard numbers shall we?

US GDP (purchasing power parity): $13.78 trillion (2007 est.)
GDP - per capita (PPP): $45,800 (2007 est.)
Labor Force 153 million
Unemployment 4.6% (2007 est)

European Union GDP (purchasing power parity)$13.06 Trillion
GDP per capita (PPP): $29,900 (2007 est.)
Labor force 221.5 million
Unemployment 7.0% (May 2007)

So it looks like we far outstrip the EU on the econmic front when we actually apply it to the people.

As for your ridiculous assertion about unions I refer you to the WRPS (Worker Representation and Participation Study) Study by Freeman and Rogers 1999 and 2006. In short they found that 32% of Non-union workers said they would vote for a trade union in a representation election.

What workers want is a representation within their company but not an outside Union (85%). The workers of our country see that Unions are not good for them and do not have their long term interests at heart.

As for the Thinking Man verse the dolt, that makes the assumption that our recent presidents that have reference made to them are dolts. Well let's look at George W. Bush. Everyone likes to make him the chimp. Hmm...graduated from Yale, had and MBA (the first President I believe). So he was able to make it through a first tier school and make his way through national politics successfully enough to beat a supposed thinking man like Al Gore and John Kerry. Hmmm... Not so stupid in my book.

Mr. Mondiot just disagrees with what the conservative US Administrations have been about. He wants his brand of politics in place just like the liberals here. And just like the liberals here when he does not get his way he turns to ad hominem attacks, vitriol, and name calling. I mean how can anyone disagree with the liberal thought process here? They are educated, they have the answer, they are the ones everybody should listen to.

Well, I would a whole lot rather listen to the people as opposed to an Oligarchy. That is what liberals truly espouse. "Listen to us! We know better than you." That is what you are saying.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
TNTroller:

Check out the history of the EU. Discount the recently admitted (less economically developed) members and the cost of their accession. Try to compare 'apples with apples' if your overall lack of understanding requires you to reduce your argument to such simplistic criteria.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is online now  
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
TNTroller:

Check out the history of the EU. Discount the recently admitted (less economically developed) members and the cost of their accession. Try to compare 'apples with apples' if your overall lack of understanding requires you to reduce your argument to such simplistic criteria.
Keep it simple? You forgot He is American?

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is online now  
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ At least we keep stray cats and dogs someplace other than walk in refrigerators....
Qubes is offline  
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
TNTroller:

Check out the history of the EU. Discount the recently admitted (less economically developed) members and the cost of their accession. Try to compare 'apples with apples' if your overall lack of understanding requires you to reduce your argument to such simplistic criteria.
Ahh yes when presented with facts change the rules, change the players, do whatever it takes to make it look like they are right.

Well dope your name says it all.

I am sorry if facts do not back up your position.

The fact of the matter is that I am comparing the most recent information as that is what you were discussing. If you wish to talk historically we can do that as well. The simple fact is that all the numbers bear out the same information.

You are wrong. Maybe you should go back read some more. You know, the books about stuff that happened in the past? Yeah that's right, History books. By the way not that revisionist history crap either. They are the same books that say the holocaust did not happen.

What kind of crap are you eating Dope? My comparisons are merely the same style as Mondiot's who you seem to agree with. The difference is I make points that are backed up by studies with which you disagree with, but nonetheless does not make the information any less true.

So again, tell me how simple I am and uneducated. I am pleased to not be part of your Oligarchy. It makes me feel better about myself because my self worth is measured by what people on this forum think of me.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
Keep it simple? You forgot He is American?
Ahh yes, because making it complicated works so well. Example...oh I don't know...the EU?

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ok tntroller, read them and wheep: News : Germany continues to be the world export champion

i know this is going to throw your world upside down so maybe you ought to read it sitting down with a stiff drink in your belly.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
ok tntroller, read them and wheep: News : Germany continues to be the world export champion

i know this is going to throw your world upside down so maybe you ought to read it sitting down with a stiff drink in your belly.
Dude, talk to McBear since you won't listen to me. Get some education on what you are talking about. Great! Germany is the world export champion! Woohoo! We are talking total productivity where exports are a part of that. But you won't listen to me anyway. Go find McBear and ask him to explain it to you. He at least has a grip. Just as a hint, figure out what the domestic market consumption is in Germany as well as the US, put those numbers together with the Agricultural production and you will start to see a little bit better what is being discussed by the big boys.

When you do that, come back I can probably find a lollipop or something for you.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu

Last edited by TNTRower; 11-07-2008 at 09:36 AM.
TNTRower is offline  
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Ahh yes when presented with facts change the rules, change the players, do whatever it takes to make it look like they are right.

Well dope your name says it all.

I am sorry if facts do not back up your position.

The fact of the matter is that I am comparing the most recent information as that is what you were discussing. If you wish to talk historically we can do that as well. The simple fact is that all the numbers bear out the same information.

You are wrong. Maybe you should go back read some more. You know, the books about stuff that happened in the past? Yeah that's right, History books. By the way not that revisionist history crap either. They are the same books that say the holocaust did not happen.

What kind of crap are you eating Dope? My comparisons are merely the same style as Mondiot's who you seem to agree with. The difference is I make points that are backed up by studies with which you disagree with, but nonetheless does not make the information any less true.

So again, tell me how simple I am and uneducated. I am pleased to not be part of your Oligarchy. It makes me feel better about myself because my self worth is measured by what people on this forum think of me.
You think a few paragraphs of flowery blather without substance and the opinions of ' roughnecks and roustabouts' strengthens your position? Maybe you should read more and write less. Keep trying.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Bloddy brit and spaniard mlfun Off-Topic 18 09-08-2008 09:05 PM
    Brit f*ck up mlfun Off-Topic 8 04-03-2008 06:23 PM
    My Brit Mateys... Qubes Off-Topic 5 11-06-2007 04:24 AM
    The Roadster of Brit Pride Misfit Off-Topic 3 04-13-2006 06:47 AM
    Room for another Brit ?? Dodalot R171 SLK-Class 14 02-23-2005 09:19 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome