LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
very articulate Q, but we are dealing with a BCF so I fear there may be no hope...

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 05:06 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez guys all this crazy talk about gays raising kids,gay marriages,sodomy,AIDS and beastiality! Good God what next??!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny shoes.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	203899  
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomichael View Post
Geez guys all this crazy talk about gays raising kids,gay marriages,sodomy,AIDS and beastiality! Good God what next??!!
Welcome to an American forum...
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Mark Morford. (sfgate) explains

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I thought the folks in California had more sense than they apparently do.

This desire to control the personal lives of others is simply a ludicrous outcrop of the NeoConservative movement. Fear must really be a strong and omnipresent emotion for way too many folks.

.....Some blame the black and Latino communities for their shocking and rather heartbreaking support of what essentially amounts to a civil rights abuse of the very kind they themselves fought so hard to overcome.

......Or maybe it's all those sad, white, central portions of the state, the huge chunks of voters who live in places without much culture or perspective or major universities, who only hear certain strains of spiteful rhetoric and thin fearmongering, whose general lack of education means they apparently still believe certain flavors of love will poison everyone's soup and ruin the sanctity of the time-honored 50-percent heterosexual missionary position Christian divorce rate.

......Who stabbed marriage equality to death, again? The Mormon Church. Catholic groups. Evangelicals. Militant fundamentalists. Reclusive, sickly, notoriously right-wing billionaires like Howard Ahmanson, a guy who also funded a radical Christian theologian madman who himself endorses stoning gay people to death. The mother of Eric Prince, CEO of the notorious Blackwater thugs-for-hire company...

Then again, when you put it that way, the ugly fight for Prop. 8 makes perfect sense. After all, hetero marriage is all organized religion really has left, their last vestige of power and control. Everything else they fought so hard to inject into the national agenda -- intelligent design, God's war against Muslims, the end of reproductive choice, more prayer in schools, abstinence education, et al -- not only failed, but failed spectacularly. No wonder they're clinging to this rigid, outdated idea of marriage so violently.

full article:

It's God's fault / The cruel success of Prop. 8? Not Newsom, not gays. Blame You Know Who

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
The country is still by and large central to right as far as social issues are concerned.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:11 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Welcome to an American forum...
I think you will find it's owned by a company that resides in the country to your north....

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE View Post
I think you will find it's owned by a company that resides in the country to your north....
What !!!! That's a cruel joke.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 08:13 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
What !!!! That's a cruel joke.
And here I thought it was an Aussie/Kiwi conglomerate
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: Mercedes free= stress free
I knew this wouldn't pass in AZ, Actually 102 did pass, passing of 102 amended the states constitution to define marriage as a man and a woman.

I kept getting these things like do not disturb signs but with prop 102 literature everyday. I got them from 5 different groups so the yes on 102 people were hot and heavy in AZ.

I really don't care that gay people want to get married for benifits, they should get those benifits. I can't understand why you would want to be married just for the sake of having a piece of paper that says your married.

The school of thought is that you can't control the color of your skin, but you can control your sexual orientation therefore its not okay to descriminate on race but its fine to hate homos.

102 didn't really concern me, being military, im not to concerned about gay rights. I just didn't want Tim Bee to win dist 8.

2001 SAAB 9-3 SE w/ H.O.T
2010 Ford Edge SEL... I secretly love it.

Previous whips
2006 CLS500, 1988 300TE, 2003 HD VRSCA, 1995 C220, 1999 SLK230 Sport, 2003 E55 AMG, ,2001 Honda Shadow ACE 1100, 2001 M3 Cabrio, 1999 E55 AMG, 1992 500SL, 1997 E50 AMG W210, 1986 190E 2.3-16, 1990 230E W124, 1992 400E W124, 1993 190E 2.6, 1983 380SEC, 1997 325iAC, 1995 M3, 1988 325i Cabrio, 1979 320i E21
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Um, I don't have a liberal mindset. You have an intolerant, big-government, Orwellian mindset, and so everyone else seems like a liberal to you.
And here I thought all the stupid old fuckers who thought like you do were either dead or without internet connectivity. Go figure.
You have just shown that you either:

A) Have no clue about political classifications

B) Have me confused with a neo-con

C) Or most likely both.

If you knew anything about the far right you'd know that we are in fact very anti big government. In fact, the far right has more in common with the left than with Neo-Cohens, I mean Cons. Both:

1) Support high personal freedoms

2) Both are against constant wars for Israel

And if you support "gay marriage" you are a liberal, whether you admit it or not. Oh, and I am in my mid 20s.

Quote:
Lemme break this down a different way.

So then you're also in favor of teaching abstinence? And the only purpose of marriage is to procreate, so once a couple is done having children, they should divorce (as to not tarnish the institution of marriage), right? And those tax/insurance/healthcare benefits that married people get, those should be tossed out - everyone should be treated as an individual, right?
I never said that, I said one of the basic reason for marriage is. Besides I do not have to give you an explaination as to why I am opposed to something I know is wrong. Homosexuality is an abomination to begin with, without even talking about "marriage."

Quote:
This is what's called a "non-sequitur". See, you lay out your position, then you cite a supporting argument. In your case, you laid out your position ("they have no business adopting either"), but went off the reservation after "because". You think the two are related, but they aren't.

Now, say for example you cited a recent study that linked some sort of societal incompatibility or psychological damage predominantly within children of same-sex parents, your argument would have more merit. What we got reeked of homophobia, which is consistent with the pretty little collection of phobias you've put on display like we're some flea market for the psyches of old degenerate white trash (I apologize for using that racial epithet to any whom it may offend). Which is why you keep getting lit into here....
You are right, I didn't even have a chance to get to that yet.

Quote:
I want to challenge you for just one month, to catch yourself each time you start to assign labels to people (like man, woman, white, black, gay, straight, homeless, etc.) and instead realize that people are interested in leading their own lives and pursuing their own happiness - not in living their lives in such a way that it pisses you off. Which is to say, if you mind your business, they'll mind theirs.

Surely you have enough self-confidence and intelligence to know that socializing with homosexuals won't turn you or your children gay; or that fraternizing with people of other cultures and ethnicities will not immediately result in you being shot or robbed or infected by AIDS or addicted to cocaine.

So what's the real problem...
Actually, there have been many attempts of late to push the homosexual agenda on school children as young as preschool age. Like in California when they tried reading some book that had a prince "marrying' another prince. What kind of crap is that? Homosexuality has no business in a healthy God fearing society.

Last edited by CLK Operator; 11-09-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in