Boo f%&^ing hoo - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
He can pardon himself, that will fix any problems with US law, but we are bound by international treaties to hand over war criminals to international tribunals. If he is indicted, he will never be able to travel outside the US without fear of arrest, and there would be a big movement to turn him over. The Germans attempted to indict him once, but they did not succeed. Let's hope it was simply a post-ponement. George Bush is guilty of the biggest act of mass murder since the days of Hitler, Mao and Stalin. He should at the very least stand trial on the charges.
Hey FTL,
I may be wrong but didn't the US NOT sign the treaty? I agree with you on him being a mass murder. If US is not bound by the treaty to turn over its own president then the nation should, out of decency, hand him over to the Iraqis IMO to stand trial for crimes he committed against those people. I like their court system. We can send a team of CIA officials plus another international team to make sure that nobody tries to get any national security secrets from him. AHHH THE WISHFULL THINKING. Someone slap me and wake me the hell up
In any case, do you know if we have signed a treaty and would we be bound to turn him over if they indict?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
How about this for an idea:

We pull some money together for a 7 day all inclusive vacation in Baghdad courtesy from the American people for Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, Rove, Wolfowitz, and Rice?
Love that idea Where do I make the donation? Hell, I would be willing to finance that whole trip myself even at the cost of getting a second mortgage
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
How about this for an idea:

We pull some money together for a 7 day all inclusive vacation in Baghdad courtesy from the American people for Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, Rove, Wolfowitz, and Rice?
No, instead you just send them all a registered letter advising them that they've all won a free boat. All they have to do is show up at a certain address at a certain hour to collect their prize. Then you arrest them all.

It worked on Homer Simpson, right?
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
Hey FTL,
I may be wrong but didn't the US NOT sign the treaty? I agree with you on him being a mass murder. If US is not bound by the treaty to turn over its own president then the nation should, out of decency, hand him over to the Iraqis IMO to stand trial for crimes he committed against those people. I like their court system. We can send a team of CIA officials plus another international team to make sure that nobody tries to get any national security secrets from him. AHHH THE WISHFULL THINKING. Someone slap me and wake me the hell up
In any case, do you know if we have signed a treaty and would we be bound to turn him over if they indict?
It's a deep and murky topic:

United States and the International Criminal Court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The treaty was signed, ratified, and then Bush proclaimed he "unratified it".

A much more promising avenue is to simply charge him with murder in a US criminal court, an idea advanced by famed prosecutor Vincent Bugilosi:

Vincent Bugliosi: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

It is based on that many think Bush will pardon himself.

But keep in mind, just because we don't honor the treaty, doesn't mean other nations are prevented from forming an International Tribunal and indicting him. It would at least end his ability to travel anywhere outside the US.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-05-2008 at 02:19 PM.
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:20 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The WSJ editorial page continues its long slide into complete irrelevance.

Quote:
This is the price Mr. Bush is paying for trying to work with both Democrats and Republicans.
Where do they find bozos to write crap like this?

GWB, Principled Peacemaker. Indeed.
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Who finds these idiots?

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
'The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace'...

I DID NOT POST THIS HERE! SOME FUCKING ASSHOLE MOVED IT HERE W/OUT TELLING OR ASKING ME!! I WOULD NEVER HAVE POSTED IN THIS FUCKED-UP THREAD IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!!!

What must our enemies be thinking?

Earlier this year, 12,000 people in San Francisco signed a petition in support of a proposition on a local ballot to rename an Oceanside sewage plant after George W. Bush. The proposition is only one example of the classless disrespect many Americans have shown the president.

According to recent Gallup polls, the president's average approval rating is below 30% -- down from his 90% approval in the wake of 9/11. Mr. Bush has endured relentless attacks from the left while facing abandonment from the right.

This is the price Mr. Bush is paying for trying to work with both Democrats and Republicans. During his 2004 victory speech, the president reached out to voters who supported his opponent, John Kerry, and said, "Today, I want to speak to every person who voted for my opponent. To make this nation stronger and better, I will need your support, and I will work to earn it. I will do all I can do to deserve your trust."

Those bipartisan efforts have been met with crushing resistance from both political parties.

The president's original Supreme Court choice of Harriet Miers alarmed Republicans, while his final nomination of Samuel Alito angered Democrats. His solutions to reform the immigration system alienated traditional conservatives, while his refusal to retreat in Iraq has enraged liberals who have unrealistic expectations about the challenges we face there.

It seems that no matter what Mr. Bush does, he is blamed for everything. He remains despised by the left while continuously disappointing the right.

Yet it should seem obvious that many of our country's current problems either existed long before Mr. Bush ever came to office, or are beyond his control. Perhaps if Americans stopped being so divisive, and congressional leaders came together to work with the president on some of these problems, he would actually have had a fighting chance of solving them.

Like the president said in his 2004 victory speech, "We have one country, one Constitution and one future that binds us. And when we come together and work together, there is no limit to the greatness of America."

To be sure, Mr. Bush is not completely alone. His low approval ratings put him in the good company of former Democratic President Harry S. Truman, whose own approval rating sank to 22% shortly before he left office. Despite Mr. Truman's low numbers, a 2005 Wall Street Journal poll found that he was ranked the seventh most popular president in history.

Just as Americans have gained perspective on how challenging Truman's presidency was in the wake of World War II, our country will recognize the hardship President Bush faced these past eight years -- and how extraordinary it was that he accomplished what he did in the wake of the September 11 attacks.

The treatment President Bush has received from this country is nothing less than a disgrace. The attacks launched against him have been cruel and slanderous, proving to the world what little character and resolve we have. The president is not to blame for all these problems. He never lost faith in America or her people, and has tried his hardest to continue leading our nation during a very difficult time.

Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty -- a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House.

The Treatment of Bush Has Been a Disgrace - WSJ.com

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 11-05-2008 at 04:45 PM.
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You guys are seriously out to lunch. Do you honestly think Bush will be indicted for anything? That in and of itself is a huge longshot, to say nothing of him being arrested. Let it go girls, your man won.
post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
You guys are seriously out to lunch. Do you honestly think Bush will be indicted for anything? That in and of itself is a huge longshot, to say nothing of him being arrested. Let it go girls, your man won.
apologist at work
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
Nope, can't let it go. If we let it go then the blood is on our hands too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in