LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I'm not sure who has been proclaiming that the next 4 years will be wine and roses just because Obama was elected. In my opinion, we just dodged a gigantic economic bullet with John McCain written all over it. And we stand a chance finally of getting out of Iraq, which, not for nothing, is running about $350,000,000 each and every day.

I think most of us were unhappy with the choice between McCain and Obama to begin with. I'm glad Obama won. He has a lot to live up to; he's managed to get himself up on an awfully damned tall pedestal. Until he proves otherwise undeserving, he has my confidence as my next President.

Last edited by Qubes; 11-05-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:05 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve58 View Post
Well put Dig! Obama hasnt proved anything yet,,, well he does have a great voice.

He proved he could beat the unstoppable, do anything to our opponent that we can, even lie if things get desperate, Billary machine without stooping to their level, that has to count for something..........
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:10 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I'm not sure who has been proclaiming that the next 4 years will be wine and roses just because Obama will be elected. In my opinion, we just dodged a gigantic economic bullet with John McCain written all over it. And we stand a chance finally of getting out of iraq, which, not for nothing, is running about $350,000,000 each and every day.

I think most of us were unhappy with the choice between McCain and Obama to begin with. I'm glad Obama won. He has a lot to live up to; he's managed to get himself up on an awfully damned tall pedestal. Until he proves otherwise undeserving, he has my confidence as my next President.

Yes A LOT of people are counting on him to work miracles, this woman in particular is quite unreasonable..........

YouTube - Peggy Joseph Thinks She Won't Need To Worry About Paying For Her Gas And Mortgage Under Barack Obama
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1976 450 SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
He proved he could beat the unstoppable, do anything to our opponent that we can, even lie if things get desperate, Billary machine without stooping to their level, that has to count for something..........
Dont forget the media,,,who propped him up!
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Maybe she just didn't want to admit what she really read.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I'm not sure who has been proclaiming that the next 4 years will be wine and roses just because Obama was elected. In my opinion, we just dodged a gigantic economic bullet with John McCain written all over it. And we stand a chance finally of getting out of Iraq, which, not for nothing, is running about $350,000,000 each and every day.

I agree but I am not too sure that Obama (although I voted for him) will get much accomplished in his first term but if he can just undo 5-10% of what Bush has done in the last 8 years, Obama will be great in my book Sometimes you just have to tear down a whole building to build a new one in its place. In any case, I do believe that we as a country has gotten on the right track and it will eventually lead us to our destination in time.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 AM
~BANNED~

Well she definitely does not read the largest newspaper in Alaska..........

The Anchorage Daily News, aka the largest daily newspaper in Alaska, endorses Barack Obama for President. A few quotes:

Gov. Palin’s nomination clearly alters the landscape for Alaskans as we survey this race for the presidency — but it does not overwhelm all other judgment. The election, after all is said and done, is not about Sarah Palin, and our sober view is that her running mate, Sen. John McCain, is the wrong choice for president at this critical time for our nation.

Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee, brings far more promise to the office. In a time of grave economic crisis, he displays thoughtful analysis, enlists wise counsel and operates with a cool, steady hand. The same cannot be said of Sen. McCain. Walk wit me… »
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture (and this picture was always bigger than McCain-Obama). And you may be right about Sarah Palin in regard to the future of the GOP, but she remains the poster person for what is wrong with the GOP.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
German Star = Sour Grapes
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture (and this picture was always bigger than McCain-Obama). And you may be right about Sarah Palin in regard to the future of the GOP, but she remains the poster person for what is wrong with the GOP.

But did you see McCains concessionary speech when he mentioned Palin in the future, she looks as SnowMobile Guy and both nod, she may have winked at him as well........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in