Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
The Electoral College is a ticking time bomb. It just might go off this time around. Obama will be taking the states of CA, IL, and NY. Our three most populous cities are there, from which Obama will garner millions of votes. The Electoral College was designed to negate the power of big cities over rural states, in it's day, the power of the big Northern cities (then NY, Boston and Philly) over the slave states. It is an anachronism and should be either proportionalized or just plain eliminated. I just do not see how we can call ourselves a "democracy" if the loser wins the election. Given how high emotions are on the left this election, if Obama wins the popular vote by millions and loses the election, there will be riots like we have never seen in this country. Over a million people are expected to gather in Grant Park tonight. That and the electoral college farce could be a huge keg of dynamite.
I've never seen so much silliness come off your keyboard. I thought you were more knowledgeable than this. First and foremost, the Founding Fathers created the electoral college 'farce' in Article 2, section 1 for the reasons just as you stated. But, yet, you state those same reasons as leverage for your beliefs that it should be eliminated. Furthermore, you base all this on the assumption the U.S. is a democracy. It is NOT. It is a 'Representative Republic'. A democracy is a mobocracy, where passionate beliefs fuel fires that cause ordinary people to do unordinary things. The Electoral College is no different than any other part of our representative government. You are not casting a vote for your candidate but you are casting a vote for an elector to vote for your candidate, hence, why popular vote means shit. It is the wisdom of the Founding Fathers that prevents this mobocracy thing from happening. So, if it IS your wish to overrule the Founding Fathers and eliminate this 'safeguard' to mob rule, what else in the Constitution of The United States will you lobby to have removed/changed to suit your radical beliefs?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Popular vote good. Electoral college bad. The end.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Wow, you're alive... I was about to call the paramedics to come and scoop up brain matter from your garage.. I am glad you decided to live and witness the Hussein rule.
Ah.... [hands clasped, looking heavenward]... I dream of that day when all nations can have a leader named Hussein....

All at the same time, that is. Imagine the summit meetings!
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Maybe they will run to this island
Isla Contadora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i think gitmo would be the most appropriate.

in political asylum
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
If you think Jayhawk is going to have "issues", well take a look at this one I just clipped off the comment section of an AP news article:

Eileen for McCain/Palin November 4th, 2008 - 3:00 pm

To all Americans…including the “Messiah of Islam”…

we are of the Judeo/Christian beliefs…

the Judeo/Christian faith that our founding fathers based our great country on!
==========================

Listed below is our pledge, that we learned as children in our schools, a pledge of “our” allegiance to our great flag and our great country! We do this with our hand over our hearts to express our love for our great country!

The Pledge itself is in ALL CAPS…the explanation of what it means is explained in lower case….

==============================

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE I Promise to be faithful and true (Promise my loyalty)

TO THE FLAG to the emblem that stands for and represents

OF THE UNITED STATES all 50 states, each of them individual, and individually represented on the flag

OF AMERICA yet formed into a UNION of one Nation.

AND TO THE REPUBLIC And I also pledge my loyalty to the Government that is itself a Republic, a form of government where the PEOPLE are sovereign
FOR WHICH IT STANDS, this government also being represented by the Flag to which I promise loyalty.

ONE NATION UNDER GOD, These 50 individual states are united as a single Republic under the Divine providence of God, “our most powerful resource” (according to the words of President Eisenhower)

INDIVISIBLE, and can not be separated. (This part of the original version of the pledge was written just 50 years after the beginning of the Civil War and demonstrates the unity sought in the years after that divisive period in our history)

WITH LIBERTY The people of this Nation being afforded the freedom to pursue “life, liberty, and happiness”,

AND JUSTICE And each person entitled to be treated justly, fairly, and according to proper law and principle,

FOR ALL. And these principles afforded to EVERY AMERICAN, regardless of race, religion, color, creed, or any other criteria. Just as the flag represents 50 individual states that can not be divided or separated, this Nation represents millions of people who can not be separated or divided!

We will have a new President today…and his name will be President Elect John McCain!

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE…MILLIONS AND MILLIONS HAVE DIED FOR US TO BE FREE…LET’S NOT LET THEIR SACRIFICE BE IN VAIN!

GOD BLESS AMERICA THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE…MAY OUR GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS OUR GREAT NATION AS WE LOOK TO HIM FOR GUIDANCE!

that must have been palin's alies or something.. i thought there were more smart people here in america... hmm.. the under god part was only added sometime last century (during commie hunting times, iirc) and has nothing to do with the pledge, reeally. i wish it was removed back to the original pledge that didn't make everything so chritofascist like..

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in