That peace-loving religion, again.... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
BenzWorld Elitist
 
Marsden's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Location: United States
Posts: 11,333
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
Well I don't know if you attend Church services regularly or not so this might be old news to you.

I have been to at least 1000 different churches in my life and every one of them has a similar view of Israel. All of them think that the US needs to help protect Israel and the Jews because they are God's chosen people and it is our duty as Christians. I don't know where this logic comes from exactly but it rings true with every church I have ever been to. This isn't my personal opinion it's my observation.
Oh, you're quite right, the religious nuts in this country are almost always aligned with the right-wing in Israel. I'm just pointing out that logic isn't their strong suit, but that hardly surprises anyone.
Marsden is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
Well I don't know if you attend Church services regularly or not so this might be old news to you.

I have been to at least 1000 different churches in my life and every one of them has a similar view of Israel. All of them think that the US needs to help protect Israel and the Jews because they are God's chosen people and it is our duty as Christians. I don't know where this logic comes from exactly but it rings true with every church I have ever been to. This isn't my personal opinion it's my observation.
Let me know how the parents of a Jewish babe will feel about you asking for her hand. See how the Chosen People feel about you then report to us, ok
DP is offline  
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Oh, you're quite right, the religious nuts in this country are almost always aligned with the right-wing in Israel. I'm just pointing out that logic isn't their strong suit, but that hardly surprises anyone.
And people are finally waking up to the fact. We owe Israel protection as an ally and nothing more.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
Well I don't know if you attend Church services regularly or not so this might be old news to you.

I have been to at least 1000 different churches in my life and every one of them has a similar view of Israel. All of them think that the US needs to help protect Israel and the Jews because they are God's chosen people and it is our duty as Christians. I don't know where this logic comes from exactly but it rings true with every church I have ever been to. This isn't my personal opinion it's my observation.
I suggest you and your kook friends enlist in the Israeli Army. The US Constitution was designed to prevent just that kind of crap, and it's damn well time it was enforced. Eight years of Rev. Hagee running our foreign policy is enough! We need to be fair to both parties, Muslim and Jew, and be impartial to both.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Haddixracing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Let me know how the parents of a Jewish babe will feel about you asking for her hand. See how the Chosen People feel about you then report to us, ok
I said it wasn't my opinion. I couldn't give two craps about Israel. I'm married but if she leaves me then you can rest assured I am looking for an Asian chick, not a Jew :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I suggest you and your kook friends enlist in the Israeli Army. The US Constitution was designed to prevent just that kind of crap, and it's damn well time it was enforced. Eight years of Rev. Hagee running our foreign policy is enough! We need to be fair to both parties, Muslim and Jew, and be impartial to both.
Again, I don't give a crap about Israel. I also don't attend church services at all anymore. Religion is bullshit.

My wallet and the welfare of my family is all that matters to me now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Loving life Botnst Off-Topic 5 05-05-2008 08:55 PM
    LOVING THE GL E92M3 X164 GL-Class 5 03-10-2008 11:40 PM
    Islam is a religion of peace maine_coon Off-Topic 94 07-30-2007 03:44 AM
    The Religion of Peace Metes out Justice baby boo Off-Topic 7 07-22-2007 01:45 PM
    Those peace-loving, helpful Iranians... Check Codes Off-Topic 2 12-09-2006 04:06 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome