BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
Well I don't know if you attend Church services regularly or not so this might be old news to you.

I have been to at least 1000 different churches in my life and every one of them has a similar view of Israel. All of them think that the US needs to help protect Israel and the Jews because they are God's chosen people and it is our duty as Christians. I don't know where this logic comes from exactly but it rings true with every church I have ever been to. This isn't my personal opinion it's my observation.
Oh, you're quite right, the religious nuts in this country are almost always aligned with the right-wing in Israel. I'm just pointing out that logic isn't their strong suit, but that hardly surprises anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Well I don't know if you attend Church services regularly or not so this might be old news to you.

I have been to at least 1000 different churches in my life and every one of them has a similar view of Israel. All of them think that the US needs to help protect Israel and the Jews because they are God's chosen people and it is our duty as Christians. I don't know where this logic comes from exactly but it rings true with every church I have ever been to. This isn't my personal opinion it's my observation.
Let me know how the parents of a Jewish babe will feel about you asking for her hand. See how the Chosen People feel about you then report to us, ok
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Oh, you're quite right, the religious nuts in this country are almost always aligned with the right-wing in Israel. I'm just pointing out that logic isn't their strong suit, but that hardly surprises anyone.
And people are finally waking up to the fact. We owe Israel protection as an ally and nothing more.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

I suggest you and your kook friends enlist in the Israeli Army. The US Constitution was designed to prevent just that kind of crap, and it's damn well time it was enforced. Eight years of Rev. Hagee running our foreign policy is enough! We need to be fair to both parties, Muslim and Jew, and be impartial to both.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Let me know how the parents of a Jewish babe will feel about you asking for her hand. See how the Chosen People feel about you then report to us, ok
I said it wasn't my opinion. I couldn't give two craps about Israel. I'm married but if she leaves me then you can rest assured I am looking for an Asian chick, not a Jew :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I suggest you and your kook friends enlist in the Israeli Army. The US Constitution was designed to prevent just that kind of crap, and it's damn well time it was enforced. Eight years of Rev. Hagee running our foreign policy is enough! We need to be fair to both parties, Muslim and Jew, and be impartial to both.
Again, I don't give a crap about Israel. I also don't attend church services at all anymore. Religion is bullshit.

My wallet and the welfare of my family is all that matters to me now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in