LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
slightly creased
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2008 ML 500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
BCF's whilst simple, do not appear to be able to do simple.

Perhaps it comes from the volumes of methane inhaled while cleaning toilets on oil rigs?

beware of fundamentalists

Sponsored Links
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
See Definition of Rationalisation:

Whatever McCain is doing seems to be working. The liberal nut sacks are coming unglued!
That should work.

So exactly "what" seems to be working?

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
TNTRower and Monstermog, let's settle this real quick: Do you believe that Obama is a Muslim? No long answers or additional bullshit, a simple yes or no will suffice.
I don't think he is a muslim. So No.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
.....One builds consensus by implicitly recusing themselves from having an opinion.....
Not when one is leading. One builds consensus by understanding what needs to be done and gaining consensus by giving appropriate responsibility and authority to those who can handle it, and, if they are leaders in their sphere's of influence, they bring their sphere with them.

The kind of consensus reached that does not advance a specific need to reach a specific decision that was the specific reason people gathered together, while more common today, is not, as you noted, leadership. It is a waste of time and effort, which is a hallmark of poor leadership.

All to often today the steps that need to be taken, and there are usually many, in a specific sequence if the job is even vaguely challenging and involves more than two people, are studied and dissected individually and in isolation by people who have never practiced them, so they fill pages of books on topics like leadership. There is a whole sequence involved in bringing people who could be inspired to hate each other, together, to cooperate on a task that is a big challenge. One of those steps is figuring out what each person does well, and then giving them tasks like that, along with the mundane, pain in the ass tasks that everyone must share, so they succeed. Obama does this very well, and it is part of the process of getting people with potentially disparate views on a subject to agree to work together - if I hate your ass but you are good at what you do, I am more inclined to get along with you than if you suck and always fuck things up, even if you are trying really earnestly.

Consensus used to represent this meeting of the minds to get something specific done, in a specific way. Apparently that is no longer the connotation, since reaching consensus not to get the job done is now viewed as successful. Because some behavioral study asshole has told people consensus is the goal. Not getting the job done. Oh well. Getting old. Jim
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
TNTRower and Monstermog, let's settle this real quick: Do you believe that Obama is a Muslim? No long answers or additional bullshit, a simple yes or no will suffice.

I do, that is why I voted for him, have I been deceived, is he The Deceiver.............
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: