Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
^^^ Pay your fair share or STFU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiRN View Post

But you hate the one's that feed you.
WTF? Who feeds me? How do you that I hate anyone? BTW, I feed MYSELF through hard work and dedication. I don't get a handout from the government not have I ever. I worked hard in school, went to college, and then medical school and have a $200K loan to pay back. The govt didn't help me, nor is it helping me nor am I taking any assistance from it. I work hard and get compensated for it. WTF do you mean I hate those that feed me? Are you freakin' just plain stupid or just plain uneducated or do you say stupid things just for the hell of it? Now the government certainly is not paying back my loans. If I go abroad for a better opportunity, pay less taxes which will enable me to save, I will have an easier time paying back my student loans and be able to save some money. Obviously my government would rather GIVE Israel money from taxes from our hard earned money instead of helping students (CITIZENS). An example is that we gave Billions of dollars of fuel to Israel just last year when the average American was paying $4-5 on the pump and didn't have enough money to fill up his tank in order to go to a job interview. We (taxpayers) paid to have the oil shipped to Texas from the Gulf, paid to refine it, and then paid to ship the refined fuel to Israel when Israel does not need any fuel from any country and is quite capable of producing and refining its own oil.

Again, WTF do you mean that "I hate the one's that feed me?"
post #33 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
Did you READ THE ARTICLE that Marsden posted?????
"the dark side of Dubai"????
If you did, then you are ignorant. If you didn't you NEED to read it.
Maybe the whole article is a fabrication that the guy made up because HE hates someone over there. Maybe it's media propaganda designed to screw with the arabs, IDK. If so, you have my apologies. But if you are going to be going over there and be a "physician" for the Sheikh for what, 300K plus and then do "volunteer" work on the side?? Yeah, right...
And who is the "them" that I hate?? I never said anything about "hating" anyone... Being angry because of my objection to this blatent opression does not constitute hate.
I said that even if I don't go over there I will still volunteer. So if I do go and stay 15 years and end up coming back and financially can go back to work part time then why not. I may work 6-7 months in USA and then spend 3-4 months in the Arab countries as a volunteer. Will still have 1-2 months for vacation and traveling. I am not going over there to be a slave. I am going there to do the same thing that I would here expect I will be saving much more money over there. If I work for some Sheikh over there making $300K then so what. It sure beats working in the States doing the same thing for $120K (bring home roughly $75K after all taxes and suck).

Sure you have a right to object but object it for yourself, not for others and you certainly have no right to judge others for doing it.
post #34 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Oh shit don't pull that card, I am following the US tax code as written. Are you suggesting that the US tax code for American citizens living and working overseas is written for them to take advantage of other US citizens? How am I taking advantage of others, exactly who am I taking advantage of, please enlighten me. I sleep very good every night knowing I followed the US tax code to the letter, now I could insult you, like you did me and ask if you have followed the US tax code to the letter, but I won't.
Personally speaking JE, you are actually doing more for America/Americans by even paying taxes. You are doing more than the Americans living here paying taxes. At least these Americans live in USA and use its resources. You on the other hand, don't live in America, don't use its resources yet still paying taxes which come to this country and help to pay for roads, schools, etc; the resources you have not used in 25 years. So you are doing more than me and Bandit who live here in USA. We pay taxes AND use the resources where as you pay taxes and DON'T use the resources.
post #35 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Oh shit don't pull that card, I am following the US tax code as written. Are you suggesting that the US tax code for American citizens living and working overseas is written for them to take advantage of other US citizens? How am I taking advantage of others, exactly who am I taking advantage of, please enlighten me. I sleep very good every night knowing I followed the US tax code to the letter, now I could insult you, like you did me and ask if you have followed the US tax code to the letter, but I won't.
OK, Jak, when did I say that YOU were taking advantage of others? Feeling a bit guilty, or what? And when did I INSULT you? When I said you were making enough money to afford to pay 150K for a VW? AWW!! If you want sympathy, maybe you should go check into the same 5 star hotel in Dubai with cancer researcher and cry on his shoulder while the servants pop grapes into your mouths and rub your poor sore feet!

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #36 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
OK, Jak, when did I say that YOU were taking advantage of others? Feeling a bit guilty, or what? And when did I INSULT you? When I said you were making enough money to afford to pay 150K for a VW? AWW!! If you want sympathy, maybe you should go check into the same 5 star hotel in Dubai with cancer researcher and cry on his shoulder while the servants pop grapes into your mouths and rub your poor sore feet!
You said it plain as day in post 29 and you aimed it at JE by replying and quoting his post.
post #37 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
I said that even if I don't go over there I will still volunteer. So if I do go and stay 15 years and end up coming back and financially can go back to work part time then why not. I may work 6-7 months in USA and then spend 3-4 months in the Arab countries as a volunteer. Will still have 1-2 months for vacation and traveling. I am not going over there to be a slave. I am going there to do the same thing that I would here expect I will be saving much more money over there. If I work for some Sheikh over there making $300K then so what. It sure beats working in the States doing the same thing for $120K (bring home roughly $75K after all taxes and suck).

Sure you have a right to object but object it for yourself, not for others and you certainly have no right to judge others for doing it.
You just don't get it. Tell me where your salary will be coming from once you are there. hmm, the hospital, clinic, whoever you end up working for. And where are they getting THEIR money? From the people that are coming into the hospital, clinic, wherever it is. Ultimately if you keep following the money trail it will lead you back to the people that are exploiting these poor third world suckers. Am I doing this for them? No. I am expressing an opinion that I think it is wrong and that anyone that would knowingly visit or work there with this going on is immoral. If you don't like my opinion, tough shit.

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #38 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
You said it plain as day in post 29 and you aimed it at JE by replying and quoting his post.
If I said it as plain as day I would say "YOU (as in Jak) are taking advantage of others..."
You need to learn to read.
I'll tell you what, I'll leave you two to stroke each other, I'm tired of arguing.

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
post #39 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
If I said it as plain as day I would say "YOU (as in Jak) are taking advantage of others..."
You need to learn to read.
I'll tell you what, I'll leave you two to stroke each other, I'm tired of arguing.:surrender:
You don't HAVE an argument my friend. You are entitled to your opinion.
post #40 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 02:23 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer Researcher
Personally speaking JE, you are actually doing more for America/Americans by even paying taxes. You are doing more than the Americans living here paying taxes. At least these Americans live in USA and use its resources. You on the other hand, don't live in America, don't use its resources yet still paying taxes which come to this country and help to pay for roads, schools, etc; the resources you have not used in 25 years. So you are doing more than me and Bandit who live here in USA. We pay taxes AND use the resources where as you pay taxes and DON'T use the resources.

Dude, elevate your game. JE pays no taxes to the US. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in