Atlantis Hotel, Dubai - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
Even if I go there to make mega bucks compared to what I would make here, how is that any different than all the Americans that have and go to Iraq to "rebuild" it after we have destroyed it. They are NOT there to "help rebuild" it, rather only there to get paid a crap load more than they would here doing the same thing. I know of a guy who has already made so much money in Iraq as a contractor that he will have CASH to start any business he wants to here in America when he comes back for good. His family is set. So these people are the ones taking advantage of the situation. And I will not be a "slave" as I will be compensated very nicely for my services. Now who is taking advantage? Why shouldn't I go and make much more money outside the US and pay very little taxes and get set for the rest of my life? Or would you rather that I work my ass off for $150K/year and pay taxes up the ass? Why not come back financially set and only work part time and pay even less taxes?
Go ahead, I'm not stopping you from screwing anyone for a buck.
A couple of things, though. After reading that article, anyone who had half a conscience would not want to go anywhere near that place.
I know, that's the american way - It's all about ME - you're probably one of those people that spits on the homeless and tells them to go get a job...
I wish you several things - that you're there to witness when those people get sick of their situation and decide to DO something about it. And if you by chance live through that and make it back to the US, that the IRS meets you at your gate when you come back. With the homeland security strip search team.

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
A couple of things, though. After reading that article, anyone who had half a conscience would not want to go anywhere near that place.
I know, that's the american way - It's all about ME - you're probably one of those people that spits on the homeless and tells them to go get a job...
I wish you several things - that you're there to witness when those people get sick of their situation and decide to DO something about it. And if you by chance live through that and make it back to the US, that the IRS meets you at your gate when you come back. With the homeland security strip search team.

Bandito, the US has specific laws written for US citizens living and working overseas regarding their tax breaks. Now if he follows the current tax laws and does what is right and like everyone takes advantage of all of those US tax laws then why would you wish this on the gentleman?
post #23 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Bandito, the US has specific laws written for US citizens living and working overseas regarding their tax breaks. Now if he follows the current tax laws and does what is right and like everyone takes advantage of all of those US tax laws then why would you wish this on the gentleman?
HMM, let's see...
Someone that wants to go somewhere that tramples human rights in order to make a shitload of money so that they can come back here to the US and retire, where in the meantime taxpayers are getting their backs broke because of the greedy fuckers that have been doing the EXACT SAME THING for the last how many years???
Let me take a wild guess what YOU'RE doing in INDONESIA, and I doubt it's charity work being that you just shelled out $150k for a VW!!

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #24 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Why so much hate? Dude I will go there because of 2 thing: 1. Money and 2). My love for those people and their culture. Why are you wishing me all these thing? Very uncool. Even if I don't go there and end up staying here, I will definitely be doing volunteer work as a physician in these countries as a physician. Unlike you, I don't hate them.
post #25 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
HMM, let's see...
Someone that wants to go somewhere that tramples human rights in order to make a shitload of money so that they can come back here to the US and retire, where in the meantime taxpayers are getting their backs broke because of the greedy fuckers that have been doing the EXACT SAME THING for the last how many years???
Let me take a wild guess what YOU'RE doing in INDONESIA, and I doubt it's charity work being that you just shelled out $150k for a VW!!
Don't be pissed. It seems like you would like to do the same yet lack the educational skills to do so. That is YOUR own failure. Quit putting down those that can do it and end up doing it.
post #26 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:48 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: MBZ 300SD
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Why so much hate? Unlike you, I don't hate them.

But you hate the one's that feed you.
post #27 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
HMM, let's see...

I am 51, I have been working offshore for 25 years and going by the written US tax laws and have saved huge amounts of money doing it. Guess what Bandito you have the same advantage as I and others to do the same. Don't hate the player, we did not write the tax code, our law makers did, if you want the same advantages, move and work offshore, if you do not like the US tax laws, write your representatives.
post #28 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Why so much hate? Dude I will go there because of 2 thing: 1. Money and 2). My love for those people and their culture. Why are you wishing me all these thing? Very uncool. Even if I don't go there and end up staying here, I will definitely be doing volunteer work as a physician in these countries as a physician. Unlike you, I don't hate them.
Did you READ THE ARTICLE that Marsden posted?????
"the dark side of Dubai"????
If you did, then you are ignorant. If you didn't you NEED to read it.
Maybe the whole article is a fabrication that the guy made up because HE hates someone over there. Maybe it's media propaganda designed to screw with the arabs, IDK. If so, you have my apologies. But if you are going to be going over there and be a "physician" for the Sheikh for what, 300K plus and then do "volunteer" work on the side?? Yeah, right...
And who is the "them" that I hate?? I never said anything about "hating" anyone... Being angry because of my objection to this blatent opression does not constitute hate.

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
post #29 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
I am 51, I have been working offshore for 25 years and going by the written US tax laws and have saved huge amounts of money doing it. Guess what Bandito you have the same advantage as I and others to do the same. Don't hate the player, we did not write the tax code, our law makers did, if you want the same advantages, move and work offshore, if you do not like the US tax laws, write your representatives.
Read #28
I know I am from the land of the free and could make a crapload of money taking advantage of others. But I refuse to do so. I work hard to make a decent amount of money and pay my fair share of taxes. I can go to sleep at night with a clear conscience. Can you?

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
post #30 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 12:29 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Read #28
I know I am from the land of the free and could make a crapload of money taking advantage of others. But I refuse to do so. I work hard to make a decent amount of money and pay my fair share of taxes. I can go to sleep at night with a clear conscience. Can you?
Oh shit don't pull that card, I am following the US tax code as written. Are you suggesting that the US tax code for American citizens living and working overseas is written for them to take advantage of other US citizens? How am I taking advantage of others, exactly who am I taking advantage of, please enlighten me. I sleep very good every night knowing I followed the US tax code to the letter, now I could insult you, like you did me and ask if you have followed the US tax code to the letter, but I won't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in