slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Sorry for your bad experience. Paradoxically, beside the many inferior products, the U.S. is IMO more than capable of providing products of the highest quality.
A large percentage of what makes a Formula One car run comes from the U.S.
Another example is the high standard of fabricating.
Cheers
I agree they are more than capable, and past experience demonstrates that they can and have done.

However, when these products are marketed as quality brands (with price premiums to accompany) and yet perform as good as or worse than inferior 'cheap' brands - it is clear those industries will not, and should not, survive.

MB have learn that pandering to the accountants cost it in quality. For these products to survive they have to capture quality and at the price where the market will except a premium price.

Consumers will pay a premium when the product delivers a premium product, when it is more $ for crap that can be had for half the price, watch them walk.

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 05:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Sorry for your bad experience. Paradoxically, beside the many inferior products, the U.S. is IMO more than capable of providing products of the highest quality.
A large percentage of what makes a Formula One car run comes from the U.S.
Another example is the high standard of fabricating.
Cheers
I believe that they WERE at one time capable. Americans made excellent products at one time but the average worker in manufacturing started thinking that he needed more and more money and the unions didn't help either. So companies went abroad and started getting their products manufactured at a much lesser cost. Looking at it from strictly from the point of view of the companies, this is/was in the best interest of the company. After all, which company would put the country's or the people's interest ahead of its own. It's not a debate of whether its right or not but I believe that this is the reason why we don't manufacture anymore. In a little more time our ability to manufacture will completely diminish to almost non existent levels as the art and skill of manufacturing and fabrication will have been lost with no new manufacturing jobs coming up. After this generation dies off, this will be lost. Also pretty soon, the manufacturing and fabrication will be "beneath us" as a form of work. We will be "too good" to do that kind of work.

I will give you an example of how this outsourcing is happening in doctor's offices across the country. Doctor's offices are require to keep detailed records. That means that they have to use the services of a transcriptionist or a company that provides this service. To hire a transcriptionist, either you will have to hire a full time person to do it and pay them $30-$40K/year or hire a US company that would provide this service. BUT another option to doctors is to hire an overseas company in India to do it which costs him around $6k-$10K/year. A person abroad will transcribe and send it via the net and you have it first think in the morning! Now for a doctor to save ~$30K/year on this service is a big thing and can be the difference between going out of business and staying in business. I too have friends abroad that have medical transcription companies and checking out their rates have gotten me thinking that I would be crazy not to utilize them. In a private practice an extra ~30K is not pocket change.
post #93 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So Muffin, I have been gone half the night and all day today over here from this thread and all you can source for me to buy and support the Great American Dream is Caterpillar and F1 parts? Is that the best you could do? Seems you are letting the US economy down........
post #94 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Good! That is certainly a step in the right direction!!
Hopefully there will be followup on this to ensure strict compliance to the guidelines. Which I think they will if the part of the article about water contamination on the beaches was true. Now they need to have some worker's rights protection mandated. Indentured servitude is SOOO 1800's.
And BTW, Tahloube, if you have been reading my posts, please understand that I do not hold any animosity toward your people, my first post was sincere.
Bandit

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #95 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:18 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
Good! That is certainly a step in the right direction!!
Hopefully there will be followup on this to ensure strict compliance to the guidelines. Which I think they will if the part of the article about water contamination on the beaches was true. Now they need to have some worker's rights protection mandated. Indentured servitude is SOOO 1800's.
And BTW, Tahloube, if you have been reading my posts, please understand that I do not hold any animosity toward your people, my first post was sincere.
Bandit
How quaint, have we gone through a time warp and ended up back in the 1950's again or could Bandit be Ms. Californication?
post #96 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
How quaint, have we gone through a time warp and ended up back in the 1950's again or could Bandit be Ms. Californication?
STFU JE

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #97 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
STFU JE

OK Bandito, I hold no animosity towards your people due to your comment.......
post #98 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
OK Bandito, I hold no animosity towards your people due to your comment.......
If I wanted any more lip out of you, I'd have cancer researcher unzip his fly...

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
post #99 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
If I wanted any more lip out of you, I'd have cancer researcher unzip his fly...

And if I wanted to be honest in my response I would call you a deep seated redneck racist but I would not call you that or your people that.........
post #100 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
And if I wanted to be honest in my response I would call you a deep seated redneck racist but I would not call you that or your people that.........
I'm not the one holed up in a third world country exploiting the locals. But you certainly aren't doing that sort of thing, are you?
This is Tahloube's thread, and I was directing my comment toward his/her post.
I suppose you probably didn't read THAT link, either, just saw my post and decided to start screwing with me again...
Grow up.

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in