McCain on Nuclear Power Safety - "Blah, blah, blah.." - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I would too but I am a good guy, you know, John Wayne type, looking good with a Winchester shootin them savages
One wheel on my wagon and I'm still rolling along, the cherokees are after me

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
America is a military super power today but not the only one in the world. The guys who owns the oil will not sell oil cheap to us if they have a choice. Other than Russia, most of the oil exporter is weak to protect their oil. But they will not yield to import nations ( US & W. EU ) thread with the help from Russia and China. China has a more friendly barter trade with lots of commodity producing nations because China has 2 trillion national reserve in IMF compare with US's 460 billion. But US has the printing machine.
The day that US can get 'cheap oil' from other land is gone that is why crude go up to 140 and US can do nothing about it. If the western world has its way, OPEC will be selling their national treasure and resources at dirt cheap price without the global recession. The theory of who own which land in the earth is useless, we are as status quoted. The question is : Can you change the current status without a major war ? It will be cheaper for western countries to develop their own alternative energy and buy more time with a global recession, so they will have ENERGY for next growth phase.
Drew,
US naval fleet has lost their advantage with the carrier lately because of the new tech. in surface missiles. Russian's 3G anti ship missile can hit any ship 300 knots from shore.
2 years ago, the Hassbaro from Lebaron can disable one of the most advanced US anti missile ship, run by Isreal, with a 5 years old silk worm from China. You and me know that US will never start war with China and Russia unless we want a WW3. We even have problem to bully the small guys now.
Every nation have their BIBLE, writings to the benefit of their nationals, otherwise those publications will not be in their teachings.
Keep this philosophy in your mind and do not believe just everything in your Bible otherwise your mind and judgments will be impaired without you know about it.
I have this opinion, because I have been through with several cultures and that is my word of advise to the hardcores in this forum.
You suppose to be more open minded but when you were in foreign countries, we were being teach with the same culture as here in your military base otherwise you will be more diversify in your logic.

500SEC 1984 retired at 192K
Porsche 928S GT 1984 (euro) retired at 243K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in