post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I found the Kookburgers...Bluegrass Green Expo

So I went to the Bluegrass Environmental Green Expo today to get information on new technology in solar panels, thermoexchange water heating and insulation. All very interesting.

Also saw the new ZAP electric car [they really need to work on the metal stamping and paint]. It along with the Honda Fit and Smart and Lexington's City Government Honda Elements.

Everything was going well until the gnome wandered up to me and started telling me about the "chemtrails" and that there were none in the sky today and that it was a big conspiracy that involved everyone up to and including Microsoft who included the contrails images in their logos and wall paper to get us all used to the sight of the chemicals that cause Alzheimer's being distributed by the B-52s [oh, to be in a Love Shack and not where I was].

After about two minutes of trying to ignore him while reading the specs for the ZAP [$12K] I finally had enough, turned and quietly told him that they had switched to atomized Thorazine from the previous chemicals in an effort to lull everyone into a submissive state. Only the folks that stayed inside on their computers all the time, out of the fresh air were really safe from the doses.

He left.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The guy building the new Zap plant in KY is a friend of mine. Nice guy, VERY Rich.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Caveat emptor.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
The guy building the new Zap plant in KY is a friend of mine. Nice guy, VERY Rich.
Tell him to get better quality control in the panel stamping and painting. Fit and finish sucks.

I think the idea is good but the comments regarding quality overrode it. Walking to the car you could see waves in the metal and crimps all down the edges.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Well, I read the story Ed linked, and ZAP is some sort of codeword for "bilk rich believers".
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Tell him to get better quality control in the panel stamping and painting. Fit and finish sucks.

I think the idea is good but the comments regarding quality overrode it. Walking to the car you could see waves in the metal and crimps all down the edges.
He currently does not make the models you see. But will improve them when production starts mid 2009. Knowing this guy he will most definitely improve them.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 05:48 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Everything was going well until the gnome wandered up to me and started telling me about the "chemtrails" and that there were none in the sky today and that it was a big conspiracy that involved everyone up to and including Microsoft who included the contrails images in their logos and wall paper to get us all used to the sight of the chemicals that cause Alzheimer's being distributed by the B-52s [oh, to be in a Love Shack and not where I was].
The tin foil hats are out in force.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Sounds like 'Zip Cars' would be a more appropriate name than 'Zap Cars'.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
So I went to the Bluegrass Environmental Green Expo today to get information on new technology in solar panels, thermoexchange water heating and insulation. All very interesting.

Also saw the new ZAP electric car [they really need to work on the metal stamping and paint]. It along with the Honda Fit and Smart and Lexington's City Government Honda Elements.

After about two minutes of trying to ignore him while reading the specs for the ZAP [$12K] I finally had enough, turned and quietly told him that they had switched to atomized Thorazine from the previous chemicals in an effort to lull everyone into a submissive state. Only the folks that stayed inside on their computers all the time, out of the fresh air were really safe from the doses.

He left.
Did you do the Thorazine shuffle?

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in