JOE THE PLUMBER 'SCARED FOR AMERICA' IF OBAMA PRESIDENT - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Can someone get me an updated list of national priorities?

I keep looking and looking, and I've not once seen "Make sure Joe the Plumber confers his approval" on my copy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Can someone get me an updated list of national priorities?

I keep looking and looking, and I've not once seen "Make sure Joe the Plumber confers his approval" on my copy...
I don't think Joe will maintain relevance in somewhat under 144 hours.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 01:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Palin-Wurzelbacher

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 07:04 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
This deserves a caption

Gawd, who really makes gestures like that?

post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 AM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
^

Cindy: "Hi folks!"
Joe: "Heyyy, everybody! You rock too!"
John: Goddamned gooks....can't.....raise......arms.....
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
State employee says she was ordered to check out Joe the Plumber

Vanessa Niekamp said that when she was asked to run a child-support check on Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher on Oct. 16, she thought it routine. A supervisor told her the man had contacted the state agency about his case.

Niekamp didn't know she just had checked on "Joe the Plumber," who was elevated the night before to presidential politics prominence as Republican John McCain's example in a debate of an average American.

The senior manager would not learn about "Joe" for another week, when she said her boss informed her and directed her to write an e-mail stating her computer check was a legitimate inquiry.

The reason Niekamp said she was given for checking if there was a child-support case on Wurzelbacher does not match the reason given by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Director Helen Jones-Kelley said her agency checks people who are "thrust into the public spotlight," amid suggestions they may have come into money, to see if they owe support or are receiving undeserved public assistance.

Niekamp told The Dispatch she is unfamiliar with the practice of checking on the newly famous. "I've never done that before, I don't know of anybody in my office who does that and I don't remember anyone ever doing that," she said today.

Democrat Gov. Ted Strickland and Jones-Kelley, both supporters of Democrat Barack Obama, have denied political motives in checking on Wurzelbacher. The Toledo-area resident later endorsed McCain. State officials say any information on "Joe" is confidential and was not released.

Today, Strickland press secretary Keith Dailey said neither the governor's office nor Job and Family Services officials could comment due to an ongoing investigation by Ohio's inspector general.

Republican legislators have called the checks suspicious and Jones-Kelley's reason for them flimsy. They are demanding to know whether state computers were accessed in an attempt to dig up dirt on Wurzelbacher.

Jones-Kelley has revealed that her agency also checked to see if Wurzelbacher was receiving welfare assistance or owed unemployment compensation taxes. "Joe the Plumber" has said he is not involved in a child-support case.

About 3 p.m. on Oct. 16, Niekamp said Carrie Brown, assistant deputy director for child support, asked her to run Wurzelbacher through the computer. Citing privacy laws, Niekamp would not say what, if anything, was found on "Joe."

On Oct. 23, Niekamp said Doug Thompson, deputy director for child support, told her she had checked on "Joe the Plumber." Thompson "literally demanded" that she write an e-mail to the agency's chief privacy officer stating she checked the case for child-support purposes, she said.

Thompson told her that Jones-Kelley said Wurzelbacher might buy a plumbing business and could owe support. Thompson said he replied that he "would check him out."

Niekamp, 38, a senior child-support manager, said she never heard any discussion of politics amid what her supervisors told her about the checks on Wurzelbacher.

Worried about her $69,000-a-year job and potential criminal charges, the 15-year state employee said she went to Inspector General Thomas P. Charles on Oct. 24. She has seen employees fired, and dismissed one herself, for illegally accessing personal information in support cases. Niekamp, a registered Republican, said politics played no role in what she told investigators.

The e-mail that Niekamp said she wrote was not among records provided today to The Dispatch in response to a public-records request. Nor did the agency, as required by state law, say it withheld any records.

Strickland spokesman Dailey later said one e-mail was withheld from The Dispatch because its release is prohibited by federal or state laws that forbid the release of information on the state's child-support system. Daily said he was neither confirming nor denying the existence of a case on Wurzelbacher.

The Columbus Dispatch : State employee says she was ordered to check out Joe the Plumber

Don't believe everything you think
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The median expected salary for a typical Plumber I in the United States is $37,514.

Average Level I Plumber Salary. Level I Plumber Job, Career Education & Unemployment Help

Apparently, Joe would get a tax cut. If he were actually a plumber, that is.
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Plumer/entrapenures start their own businesses and on average bring in $Millions per year. I can understand why Joe is worried! Why should he even try when Obambi plans to rip off most of his earnings?

Don't believe everything you think
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Plumer/entrapenures start their own businesses and on average bring in $Millions per year. I can understand why Joe is worried! Why should he even try when Obambi plans to rip off most of his earnings?
Have you been drinking from the fountain of Daisound???!?
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 08:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Right. In NeoConLand, where Everything comes up Roses and the stock market is always up and folks walk back and forth to school in the snow in 72 degree weather, down hill both ways. Chocolate doesn't make your shirts shrink, alcoholic gives you a buzz without making you drunk or stupid, hotrod cars all get 65MPG and they waive speeding tickets. And just the right amount of taxes is $3.24.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in