The question can reap both caustic
answers, of course. But I'm curious to see thoughtful replies (because frankly,thats' what the USA needs now,not rhetoric.)
How does America pay off it's massive debt?
1. Default on its' bond obligations?
2, Ask the IMF for assistance?
3. Ask world Governments to forgive US debt owed to them?
4. Raise taxes on a) US Corporations? b)Individuals?
5. Reduce spending money on infrastructure ie roads/bridges/schools/hospitals/garbage collection/libraries?
6. Reconsider military commitments?
7. Stop giving taxpayer money to Corporations as a result of Lobby Groups?
8. Ban Lobbygroups?
9. Reorganize Fed & State tax structures?
10. Allow US dollar to gradually decline further against other currencies? (arguably the cheapest way to pay off the debt)
11.Stop all contributions to International organizations ie relief assistance,scientific & humanity efforts etc?