Gen Colin Powell endorses Obama! - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: MBZ 300SD
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
How about if we wait until after the election and see if he slips into Obama's administration, considering Obama gets elected?
If you are implying that he is doing it for few $$$ you are completly irrational.
Powel has some integity in that group of thugs that ruined this country for 8 yrs. He will be welcomed in ANY administration.
AndreiRN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
This surprises you? If the COTUS doesn't apply to his president then why should his attorney general need to have a law degree?
How 'bout a veterinarian for Surgeon General?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #53 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
 
cmitch's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Location: City on the TN River
Posts: 10,691
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiRN View Post
If you are implying that he is doing it for few $$$ you are completly irrational.
Powel has some integity in that group of thugs that ruined this country for 8 yrs. He will be welcomed in ANY administration.
I'm going to make this as completely clear to you and others here, as I can. I can't see how you can be so dense. It's POLITICAL. I never said it was about monetary gain. It's about POWER. It's about serving in Obama's administration. There are those who'd probably serve for FREE just to have the POWER or PRIVILEGE to serve. I am saying Powell is one of those people. He has served in 3 previous administrations. He has a score to settle with Bush and this is his way of doing it. (I don't blame Powell for being pissed at Bush. I do not have to like the way he's evening the score). I don't believe, for a second, if McCain had a shot, in his eyes, he'd be endorsing Obama. Powell even said that race did not play a 'major' role in his decision. BUT, I'M SAYING, IT PLAYED A ROLE! Just 2 weeks ago, Powell categorically DENIED he was endorsing Obama. Why? Timing not 'right'?

Powell has known McCain for 25 years. You cannot make me believe that it's took him this long to 'decide' who he's going to endorse. Why else would he wait 16 days before the election to do so? Obama, is even, now, talking about discussing with Powell an 'expanded role' in his administration and we're not talking about just as an advisor, either.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
cmitch is offline  
post #54 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
So you don't think the nation's top law enforcement officer and legal representative for the government should have a law degree...hmmm
...or a military commission.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #55 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
How 'bout a veterinarian for Surgeon General?
Actually, I think he does need to have a military commission...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #56 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm going to make this as completely clear to you and others here, as I can. I can't see how you can be so dense. It's POLITICAL. I never said it was about monetary gain. It's about POWER. It's about serving in Obama's administration. There are those who'd probably serve for FREE just to have the POWER or PRIVILEGE to serve. I am saying Powell is one of those people. He has served in 3 previous administrations. He has a score to settle with Bush and this is his way of doing it. (I don't blame Powell for being pissed at Bush. I do not have to like the way he's evening the score). I don't believe, for a second, if McCain had a shot, in his eyes, he'd be endorsing Obama. Powell even said that race did not play a 'major' role in his decision. BUT, I'M SAYING, IT PLAYED A ROLE! Just 2 weeks ago, Powell categorically DENIED he was endorsing Obama. Why? Timing not 'right'?

Powell has known McCain for 25 years. You cannot make me believe that it's took him this long to 'decide' who he's going to endorse. Why else would he wait 16 days before the election to do so? Obama, is even, now, talking about discussing with Powell an 'expanded role' in his administration and we're not talking about just as an advisor, either.
We get it.

But however accurate your analysis it’s moot – the endorsement hurts. Voters will see Powell’s assessment of Obama as credible and accurate. Powell spoke for many voters who also believe Palin is unfit to be President, and McCain irresponsible for selecting her.

On the bright side McCain has the support of Nixon’s Watergate Era Secretaries of State – now that’s change we can believe in.
jdc1244 is offline  
post #57 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc1244 View Post
We get it.

But however accurate your analysis it’s moot – the endorsement hurts. Voters will see Powell’s assessment of Obama as credible and accurate. Powell spoke for many voters who also believe Palin is unfit to be President, and McCain irresponsible for selecting her.

On the bright side McCain has the support of Nixon’s Watergate Era Secretaries of State – now that’s change we can believe in.
Voter's will see Powell's endorsement for exactly what it was: RACISM!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #58 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 96 SL500, 97 E420,
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,091
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gqmagic
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Voter's will see Powell's endorsement for exactly what it was: RACISM!
Yep, sick and tired of the racist pub agenda, policies, etc..etc..
gqmagic is offline  
post #59 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
How about if we wait until after the election and see if he slips into Obama's administration, considering Obama gets elected?
That would have nothing to do with a suggestion that he was being opportunistic to make digs at Bushie. Those are two completely different political paths.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #60 of 160 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D View Post
Even Bush knew this, Fredo technically met that requirement.
But Fredo got shot on the lake.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Colin Powell set to kick McCain/Palin in the ass? FeelTheLove Off-Topic 42 10-20-2008 08:21 AM
    REPORT: COLIN POWELL 'TO ENDORSE OBAMA'... Jayhawk Off-Topic 32 08-14-2008 06:29 PM
    Colin Powell claims he was given fabricated information by Bush cabal FeelTheLove Off-Topic 75 12-22-2006 01:54 PM
    Colin Powell refuses to pig wallow with Bush and the Terrorists FeelTheLove Off-Topic 2 09-19-2006 01:20 PM
    Where is Colin Powell? barberhauler Off-Topic 17 11-01-2005 01:13 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome