post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Be warned.. apostasy kills!!

A few nights ago, a crime was committed in an Egyptian village/town. It wasn’t on the news in Arab Media, let alone in Western media, but this doesn’t mean it’s not worth mentioning.

Electricity was cut off at around 10 pm and an automatic weapon was heard soon later. The culprits fled the scene leaving behind them a dead 25-year-old father (Ahmed), a 23-year-old mother (Meriam), and their 6-month-old baby ( Noor) both with severe injuries. The baby’s condition is stable now but the mother remains in ICU.

Terrible, isn’t it? What’s worse is that the crime was committed by none other than Rami, who is Meriam’s 32-year-old brother and little Noor’s uncle, with some help from his (and Meriam’s ) father and uncle. Rami has been threatening to kill Ahmed ever since the latter married Meriam 3 years ago. “Divorce her or I’ll kill you!” neighbours heard him shouting before firing 5 shots at his bother-in-law and then some more at his own sister and niece. Then he fled in a waiting car with his father and uncle who were watching a few metres away.

This incident didn’t make it to the news, IMHO, because Rami is a Copt and Meriam is a Muslim convert. If it were the other way round, ie had Rami been the Muslim and Meriam a Christian convert, then their story would make headlines for weeks on end.

Here’s the source (Sorry.. Couldn't find anything in English ) :

Here, a Coptic site tries to justify the murder and sympathize with the murderer. Take a look at what they say. Oops! It’s in Arabic but some comments on the main article are in English, like this one:
And this:
We are all proud of Ramy.It is about time that every Christian who has been hurt by these barbaric actions to take the law in his hand.There are No laws to protect Christians in Egypt.
Conversion/apostasy is a barbaric action

Copts United » ÌÇä*.. Ãã.. ãÌä* Úá*å¿
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Are we paying for it? Nope! then let them at each other's throat.
As long as my tax dollar isn't in this mess I could care less today. Why am I being so insensitive? Well, I don't have room for feel good/bad stories until we can comfortably regain some sort of high ground to help others let alone judge others.
The day we divorce Israel and treat everyone in that region equally that's the day I would care about a story like that
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: