DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijuh View Post
Okay, leave it to a moron to misrepresent and twist. Feel better? Go back and look at my post. He lifted what he wanted and ignored the rest.
Look Mr Newb JDC is far from being a moron. Your first interlude in here and you come out swinging and accusing people is not a good start. You can freely have an opinion about a subject but leave the insults until you get to know who you're dealing with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Well put, Fast55. Republican is not synonymous to racist. Nor is Sarah Palin incapable of running this country. Perspicacious speech does not equate to stupidity. In fact, I think it takes a special person to have the knowledge she has and still make herself intellectually accessible. Not everyone has advanced degrees and understands the minutia of economics, foreign policy, etc. She is making it understandable for the average voter. Hell, she gave over 2800 bucks back to every man, woman, and child that lives in Alaska with her abilities. Is that too stupid for you? It is one of the few states whose GDP is growing. Pretty dumb of her, huh?
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Obama is evil even though I did live in Chicago while he was coming up through the ranks and saw the scum he was hanging out with...Referring here to Rezko and Khalidi more than Ayers. But Tax and spend is going to bite you in the ass. And undoubtedly he will let the Bush tax cuts expire...he said he would...and those tax cuts have been vital to lots of families I know. Teachers, military,....even my garbage man was telling me how scared he was of the tax increases. The guy works like a mad man. He owns the waste removal company and grosses about 260k he said. But the overhead is another matter. According to Obama, this guy is in the line of fire. How fair is that? The guy can bust his butt just to give it to Obama? I want to keep more of my money. Then maybe I can pay for a third underprivileged kid to go to private school b/c the public one sucks. Yeah you heard right. I already shell out 20k a year for two kids from the poor side of town to get a fair shot at life. I want to put my money to the charities I chose not the ones liberals choose for me..like planned parenthood or ACORN.
I detect a peculiar lack of American unity and spirit.

First, as someone noted, not ALL Republicans are racist. Only those who have taken over the party of Lincoln of late who, if handed a copy of the United States Constitution and read it would presume it was authored by Karl Marx. You know, the Christofacists.

There was a time when Republicans were ideologically distinct from Democrats without the difference being the Republicans wanting to invade nations on the other side of the globe because, well, it would be good for business and the guy running the country called them names, or, they would not figure torturing prisoners was ok if it was done as a matter of policy for people branded "terrorists" by an arbitrary criteria like, the President said they were terrorists, or that it was ok to let rich people get richer and then ask the middle class to pay for their poor judgment...or, well, you get the picture. Today's Republicans are a collection of wounded old Republicans and then a conglomeration of ignorant Christofacists and domestic mercenary terrorists (aka lobbyists).

How about citing some of the knowledge Palin has that so impresses you? She is basically a clueless ignoramus who enjoys her ignorance to the fullest. She took six years to graduate from college (and something like five colleges in that six years) with a journalism degree. She was a freaking sports announcer on Anchorage TV. She can speak fine if the subject matter is intellectually LIGHT. In every case when asked to explain something in those interviews, like how the proximity to Russia would qualify her for the VPOTUS job's demand for foreign policy experience, she bombed. And that question could not have been a surprise, not even to her. And if that explanation somehow makes foreign policy more understandable to you, you need to go see a witch doctor who will cut that lump of useless shit at the end of your neck off.

As to the annual tax refund each Alaskan gets, well, in the late 70's when the pipeline went into operation, the deal struck with the oil companies on mineral rights royalties is still the basic deal they have going today. The annual infusion of money from the oil companies into Alaska's treasury has been so lavish for so long, that even with the place overrun by crooks there is a surplus every year. Palin had nothing to do with that since the whole premise was a precedent.

While on the topic of oil in Alaska, how does being the mayor of Alaska's meth capital for a few years, preceded by some other part time town political post, qualify her as an expert on energy? I bet she doesn't even know the first thing about energy - she knows about manipulating guilty people in the role of watching over the energy companies in Alaska, but that is not knowing anything about energy, or oil deposits or drilling or pumping oil, or really any other form of energy. How is it that McCain can be so ignorant about energy as to suggest she is the nation's leading expert? I bet she couldn't actually write a formula down for any aspect of potential or kinetic energy. Or convert Volts and Amperes to Watts. This is all bullshit. She is as dumb as an oosik and equally qualified to make executive decisions.

Lastly, how is it that you figure all the taxes accrue to Obama's account? He is the last to have a real say on the way that money gets spent, and that happens when he passes a budget bill from Congress. Our taxes are intended to be used to better America, not to be used by the President to enrich himself and his buddies, regardless of what you saw happen over the last 8 years. It IS patriotic to support your country. For some reason many of you who identify with the GOP think supporting a policy that sends other people's, mostly, and sometimes your own kids to far away places to die for a cause that amounts to allowing rich Americans to get richer, is patriotic, but actually paying taxes to cover the expenses of that war, well that is where you draw the line. A kind of "Take his kids, or even mine, but keep your fucking hands off my money!" policy. Isn't that a bit disgusting, even to you?

Jim
post #43 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2008 R320 CDI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Look Mr Newb JDC is far from being a moron. Your first interlude in here and you come out swinging and accusing people is not a good start. You can freely have an opinion about a subject but leave the insults until you get to know who you're dealing with.
I wouldn't have insulted him if he hadn't twisted what I said for his own ...whatever. There are no rules that say Newbies have a muzzle on them until they've written ...oh, I don't know 50 posts. I actually didn't come into this website for anything but info on my car. I'm just sick of the bashing the woman got and still gets. I knew before my 2nd child came that she was going to be disabled and I know what courage is from that experience. I am incensed that someone calls anyone who is a parent of a down's syndrome child a coward. There are 2 children where I work who are down's syndrome. They can light up my day, but I still know what a struggle and how much courage it takes to raise a child with serious problems. How dare anyone call a parent that knows, doesn't kill them by ripping them from the womb and is still willing to cherish the child that God sent them. They are incredible gifts but it takes guts to raise them. Do any of you truly hear what I'm saying or are you just too busy trying to be cool and amusing.
post #44 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I wouldn't have insulted him if he hadn't twisted what I said for his own ...whatever. There are no rules that say Newbies have a muzzle on them until they've written ...oh, I don't know 50 posts. I actually didn't come into this website for anything but info on my car. I'm just sick of the bashing the woman got and still gets. I knew before my 2nd child came that she was going to be disabled and I know what courage is from that experience. I am incensed that someone calls anyone who is a parent of a down's syndrome child a coward. There are 2 children where I work who are down's syndrome. They can light up my day, but I still know what a struggle and how much courage it takes to raise a child with serious problems. How dare anyone call a parent that knows, doesn't kill them by ripping them from the womb and is still willing to cherish the child that God sent them. They are incredible gifts but it takes guts to raise them. Do any of you truly hear what I'm saying or are you just too busy trying to be cool and amusing.
So you're telling us that JDC insulted Palin because she is a mother of a disabled kid? No wait, let me rephrase, any criticism of Palin because of her perceived incapability to become our leader is an insult because she's a mother of a disabled. Is that it? We must leave the woman alone because it's not fair? YouTube - Britney Fan Crying
post #45 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
I detect a peculiar lack of American unity and spirit.

First, as someone noted, not ALL Republicans are racist. Only those who have taken over the party of Lincoln of late who, if handed a copy of the United States Constitution and read it would presume it was authored by Karl Marx. You know, the Christofacists.

There was a time when Republicans were ideologically distinct from Democrats without the difference being the Republicans wanting to invade nations on the other side of the globe because, well, it would be good for business and the guy running the country called them names, or, they would not figure torturing prisoners was ok if it was done as a matter of policy for people branded "terrorists" by an arbitrary criteria like, the President said they were terrorists, or that it was ok to let rich people get richer and then ask the middle class to pay for their poor judgment...or, well, you get the picture. Today's Republicans are a collection of wounded old Republicans and then a conglomeration of ignorant Christofacists and domestic mercenary terrorists (aka lobbyists).

How about citing some of the knowledge Palin has that so impresses you? She is basically a clueless ignoramus who enjoys her ignorance to the fullest. She took six years to graduate from college (and something like five colleges in that six years) with a journalism degree. She was a freaking sports announcer on Anchorage TV. She can speak fine if the subject matter is intellectually LIGHT. In every case when asked to explain something in those interviews, like how the proximity to Russia would qualify her for the VPOTUS job's demand for foreign policy experience, she bombed. And that question could not have been a surprise, not even to her. And if that explanation somehow makes foreign policy more understandable to you, you need to go see a witch doctor who will cut that lump of useless shit at the end of your neck off.

As to the annual tax refund each Alaskan gets, well, in the late 70's when the pipeline went into operation, the deal struck with the oil companies on mineral rights royalties is still the basic deal they have going today. The annual infusion of money from the oil companies into Alaska's treasury has been so lavish for so long, that even with the place overrun by crooks there is a surplus every year. Palin had nothing to do with that since the whole premise was a precedent.

While on the topic of oil in Alaska, how does being the mayor of Alaska's meth capital for a few years, preceded by some other part time town political post, qualify her as an expert on energy? I bet she doesn't even know the first thing about energy - she knows about manipulating guilty people in the role of watching over the energy companies in Alaska, but that is not knowing anything about energy, or oil deposits or drilling or pumping oil, or really any other form of energy. How is it that McCain can be so ignorant about energy as to suggest she is the nation's leading expert? I bet she couldn't actually write a formula down for any aspect of potential or kinetic energy. Or convert Volts and Amperes to Watts. This is all bullshit. She is as dumb as an oosik and equally qualified to make executive decisions.

Lastly, how is it that you figure all the taxes accrue to Obama's account? He is the last to have a real say on the way that money gets spent, and that happens when he passes a budget bill from Congress. Our taxes are intended to be used to better America, not to be used by the President to enrich himself and his buddies, regardless of what you saw happen over the last 8 years. It IS patriotic to support your country. For some reason many of you who identify with the GOP think supporting a policy that sends other people's, mostly, and sometimes your own kids to far away places to die for a cause that amounts to allowing rich Americans to get richer, is patriotic, but actually paying taxes to cover the expenses of that war, well that is where you draw the line. A kind of "Take his kids, or even mine, but keep your fucking hands off my money!" policy. Isn't that a bit disgusting, even to you?

Jim
Several points that need to be addressed here but I am exhausted. I work, raise three children, care for an elderly mother, am building a new house, and am suffering from a life-threatening disease called Scleroderma. So forgive me if I only get to some of the issues. First and most importantly to me, I believe we went to Iraq to rout out terrorists. They came over here and killed 3k innocents. One was someone I love. If we freed the Iraqi people of Saddam Hussein in the process even better. He was an evil guy who killed over half a million people. And my little brother has been over there to fight and I would go to if I weren't sick. So I do what I can from here to help. Currently I am helping a married Iraqi couple who are both physicians settle here. I am trying to get their little boy settled in a school, gotten them food, furniture and clothing and I have even driven them to a mosque to worship. I don't think for one minute I sent my little brother off to Iraq to help rich americans get richer. That's preposterous! I am the last person you should say that ugly word to.."Keep your hands off my f**king money." Didn't you hear the kind of things I spend my money on? And I am not unusual. I know so many people that want their money so it can go to help others....to the charities of their choice not to more entitlements. One last thing I want to clarify is that I don't think Obama wants to get rich off of the presidency. I just don't like choices when he was doling out the Annenberg foundation money.
post #46 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Several points that need to be addressed here but I am exhausted. I work, raise three children, care for an elderly mother, am building a new house, and am suffering from a life-threatening disease called Scleroderma. So forgive me if I only get to some of the issues. First and most importantly to me, I believe we went to Iraq to rout out terrorists. They came over here and killed 3k innocents. One was someone I love. If we freed the Iraqi people of Saddam Hussein in the process even better. He was an evil guy who killed over half a million people. And my little brother has been over there to fight and I would go to if I weren't sick. So I do what I can from here to help. Currently I am helping a married Iraqi couple who are both physicians settle here. I am trying to get their little boy settled in a school, gotten them food, furniture and clothing and I have even driven them to a mosque to worship. I don't think for one minute I sent my little brother off to Iraq to help rich americans get richer. That's preposterous! I am the last person you should say that ugly word to.."Keep your hands off my f**king money." Didn't you hear the kind of things I spend my money on? And I am not unusual. I know so many people that want their money so it can go to help others....to the charities of their choice not to more entitlements. One last thing I want to clarify is that I don't think Obama wants to get rich off of the presidency. I just don't like choices when he was doling out the Annenberg foundation money.
post #47 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
So you're telling us that JDC insulted Palin because she is a mother of a disabled kid? No wait, let me rephrase, any criticism of Palin because of her perceived incapability to become our leader is an insult because she's a mother of a disabled. Is that it? We must leave the woman alone because it's not fair? YouTube - Britney Fan Crying
Please Listen. I don't think you can call her a coward. That criticism doesn't stick. It takes guts to do what she did. Criticize her all you want but the coward one is just wrong. Have you been there? Uh, you forgot a word. ... "because she's a mother of a disabled" You left no noun there. Is it nothing to you? It's a child for heaven's sake.
post #48 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Please Listen. I don't think you can call her a coward. That criticism doesn't stick. It takes guts to do what she did. Criticize her all you want but the coward one is just wrong. Have you been there? Uh, you forgot a word. ... "because she's a mother of a disabled" You left no noun there. Is it nothing to you? It's a child for heaven's sake.
Please get a load of yourself, "nothing to me"? You speak for me?
Ok ok let me make you happy: I would tap that but I won't vote for her! Was I bad?
post #49 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Hoooooooo boy...
post #50 of 141 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Hoooooooo boy...
Interweb personas, pretty neat, eh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in