LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2000 E320 4matic Wagon; 2004 E500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Expat,
I stole it from one of my favorite authors, Corey Doctrow.
Cory Doctorow’s craphound.com News
The name is a title from one of his early works. The main character is a self described 'craphound' who scours yard sales and flee markets looking for collectables and rarities to resale.
I identified as I pride my self on profiting on what others abandon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphound View Post
Shelton, you are correct. These are just submissions for voter registration. Acorn is required by law to submit all they collect, even and especially the fraudulent ones. Acorn has a good QA systems and notifies local gov cocncern which registrations it thinks are fraudulent. GOP leaders want us to think that this is a DEM trick to try and steal the election, while ignoring the true danger of Diebold\electronic voting machine and their corpratist\GOP masters.
If I register 20 times in my district, I am still only going to be able to vote 1 time!
When I enter my polling place a DEM and a GOP both look at my license and their record. If either object, I am given a provisional ballot. So I think they might notice if I show up 20 times with a different ID and name...
Not if you show up at 20 different places...

Don't believe everything you think
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

ACORN INSTILLED FEAR: WORKERS

Pushed to meet daily quotas and bullied by bosses if they didn't, Ohio ACORN workers faked voter registrations, signed up people more than once, and even paid off registrants to keep from being fired, its canvassers told The Post.

"Every day, there was pressure on us. Every single day," said Teshika Elder, a Cleveland single mom of three who worked for ACORN this summer.

"We had meetings every morning where they'd go over your quota; they'd yell at you if you were low," said Elder, 21. "They'd sit us down and say if you didn't do better, they'd suspend you. They'd say, 'Try harder next time,' [and] if you didn't get it, you'd be fired."

Desperate canvassers sometimes resorted to trading cigarettes, cash and food in exchange for registrations, according to Elder and two other former ACORN workers, Jaymes Sanford, 18, and Selvin Cunningham, 23.

Some voters were signed up more than once, and said that worried - or lazy - canvassers sometimes filled out bogus cards.

The three workers were all fired after they and a dozen other canvassers were identified in a Cuyahoga County Election Board probe as having turned in multiple registrations for the same voters.

The board, which estimates it got more than 8,700 suspect cards - with multiple registrations, bad addresses or phony information - from ACORN has turned the matter over to local prosecutors.

"It was just little stuff - a dollar, a cigarette - given to people so that they'd register," said Sanford, a former team leader.

"People are scared of not making their quotas," he said. "I didn't do it, but it's the way it worked."

Elder added, "I've got no money to give out. I don't smoke, so I had no cigarettes to offer. But other people did, and the pressure you were under forced you to."

Cunningham, who also had been a team leader, said, "They're pretty lenient if you're off [quota] by just a few names. But if you're repeatedly missing your quota, if you only had three or four [people signed up], then you might start paying people."

Anyone caught offering bribes, Cunningham said, was supposed to be fired.

But a woman with Cunningham who identified herself as a current ACORN director said not all rogue canvassers are shown the door.

"Those guys are still working at ACORN," said the director, who asked not to be identified. "We know who they are; we've told them not to do it. But they weren't among the people fired."

The director also confirmed the ousted workers' quota claims: team leaders, who are paid $9 an hour, are required to get 26 registrations a day. Canvassers, who make $8 an hour, need 22 sign-ups.

Sanford, who estimates he registered 500 to 1,000 voters, and Cunningham, who signed up about 1,500, said its hard not to get multiple registrations.

"When you're asking 1,000 people a day if they registered, you don't remember every face," Cunningham said.

ACORN INSTILLED FEAR: WORKERS - New York Post

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Not if you show up at 20 different places...
It might be nice of you to explain how being registered 20 times allows you to vote 20 times if you show up at 20 different places. Like, explain how that is different than if you register to vote once and then try to vote at 20 different places. Jim
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
It might be nice of you to explain how being registered 20 times allows you to vote 20 times if you show up at 20 different places. Like, explain how that is different than if you register to vote once and then try to vote at 20 different places. Jim
Can anyone possibly be that stupid? I guess you can, so I'll help: We register by Ward, Precinct, etc. and if you were registered at 20 different voting locations, you can vote at all of those locations. Recall that these criminals use numerous IDs and some do this for a living at election times. Wake up Jimbo!

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quote:
Can anyone possibly be that stupid? I guess you can, so I'll help: We register by Ward, Precinct, etc. and if you were registered at 20 different voting locations, you can vote at all of those locations. Recall that these criminals use numerous IDs and some do this for a living at election times. Wake up Jimbo!
Maybe you should explain how you are able to register at 20 different places? Can you document 20 different addresses, one in each place? Dude, you are thick thick thick.

Maybe you can document even one case of this ever happening before?

OBK #35

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Jayhawk, get up he asked you a question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D View Post
Maybe you should explain how you are able to register at 20 different places? Can you document 20 different addresses, one in each place? Dude, you are thick thick thick.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D View Post

It is called voter registration fraud for a reason. Why don't you look it up, and stop expecting me to do your homework. You make it sound like this scandalous behavior never existed, when anyone w/ half a brain knows it does. What's your political agenda anyway? Maybe you should disappear for a long time again...

What were you in for anyway?

Last edited by Jayhawk; 10-20-2008 at 05:04 PM.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 04:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
Jayhawk, get up he asked you a question!

Slybydepressed: Why don't you get a life?

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quote:
Slybydepressed: Why don't you get a life?
LOL, I like that Slybydepressed. I would have went with SlybyhisLies or something clever but you tried....

Just wanted to see you post data, but instead you just attacked the guy with out posting any real information on your stance, which surprised me because I thought your retort would include some substance. Your right arm must be getting weak with such a heavy load to bear, you should should pick up on the left.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in