I'm gonna buy a chainsaw! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I'm gonna buy a chainsaw!

I live on a very wooded lot and I'm in the process of clearing the perimeter to put up my new fence. I need a new chainsaw.

Is Stihl really the only way to go? Are they really worth paying twice the money for than other name brands?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 05:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
I live on a very wooded lot and I'm in the process of clearing the perimeter to put up my new fence. I need a new chainsaw.

Is Stihl really the only way to go? Are they really worth paying twice the money for than other name brands?
No! No! noooooo! do not purchase a damn Stihl...... why the hell buy something that is wayeee over rated and basicly the same as the others just better at the bullshit in thier adds?

I have had a Stihl and crap paid way too much for way too little.

Now I have a Husqvarna and guess what? it cost less and has proven to be more of a machine than the Stihl (yeah ok I built good arm musscles trying to start the Stihl)..........along with a skill at cussing......

I was in a bind and had to have a chain saw right away and it was a sunday...

So I Got this Husqvarna at Lowes of all freaking places and it has been one of the best working Saws I have had! I have had Stihl, Poulan and Tanaka Saws before I got the Husqvarna.....

The Poulan was the real junk for the money I used it for about 5 weeks before I had to take it in.....

The Tanaka was ok but when the bar got damaged it was hard to get a correct replacement...

The Poulan was just a plain piece of junk from day one.

The Stihl... when it was new it was great yes I thought I really found a good machine....Ok 8 to 12 pulls to get it started no big deal..... however that went to 15 to 20 after 5 weeks and shit! not even cold out yet! Ok lets changes the plug and put better gas.... it was ok but still hard start...

Then one Sunday it was cold out about 40 and I have a pile of wood I wanted to get cut yet.... the damn thing would not start...

Put it in front of the heater in the truck for 20 minutes.........phut phut.......

A bunch of Cuss words ............Swing Smack! wack! crack.........

drove back to town and got this Husqvarna and it started 2nd pull did what I wanted to do and now it is going on 3 years and it always starts by the 4th pull and puts up with me.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Try a little beaver.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
Try a little beaver.
I did she like wood but she won't go out and chop it..............
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Are we dealing with double entendres here?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
That's pretty much what I thought. All these rednecks I hang out with tell me that Stihl is the only thing that will start up when they're hot. They keep telling me to get a farm boss or I'm wasting my money. I think I will go check out the Husqvarna ones this weekend. My Dad bought a Poulan wild thing a coupple weeks back, and it has been pretty sweet so far. :shrug:
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 1996 E320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomilla2.0 View Post
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
Try a little beaver.
perv
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
That's pretty much what I thought. All these rednecks I hang out with tell me that Stihl is the only thing that will start up when they're hot. They keep telling me to get a farm boss or I'm wasting my money. I think I will go check out the Husqvarna ones this weekend. My Dad bought a Poulan wild thing a coupple weeks back, and it has been pretty sweet so far. :shrug:
Arrrggg! the Damn Poulan Wild thing Don't! your just paying more for some plastic covers that are in wild colors and fuking details that say "Wild Thing" if you are going to do a Poopylan just get one of the same CC as the wild thing and trust me if you want you can get the paint and details to make it look just the same!

Get a Husqvarna with a 12 inch to 16 inch Bar and be done with it.

the Bar depends on what you plan to do I got the 16 inch since I cut fire wood and have a lot of time with chain saws.

If you are New to them 12 inch bar to 14 inch will be best just keep in mind theses little mutter fukkers will cut you leg off if you screw up just once.

So spend the extra and get the protection that Husqvarna offers (seems like none of the others do) like the leg guard.... and Safety glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in