Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Will you quit talking out of your ass? I work in the oil industry, and you can't bullshit me.
You mean personal lubricants and K-Y Jelly qualify you as an oil spokesman?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
"The chant is "drill, baby, drill." And that's what we hear all across this country in our rallies because people are so hungry for those domestic sources of energy to be tapped into."

Damn Z, she was only repeating what she heard the republicans from the end of the "train" chanting, what she did not understand was that it had nothing to do with oil production...........
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Will you quit talking out of your ass? I work in the oil industry, and you can't bullshit me. Satellite, magnetic, air mapping, surface geological surveys happen all the time, all day, every day. Full seismic surveys were done from 1983 to 1985, and while that may sound like a while ago, we still routinely run surveys done in the 1940s from all over the US thru the computers, and they tell us everything we need to know about potential oil pools, and we know plenty about ANWR. The idea this is some big mystery place that dem mean ole demmiecrats won't let you know about is horseshit. The whole planet is an open book, oil wise at this point, with the exception of Antartica and Greenland, which will be ready as soon as the oil companies finish melting all the ice off. All the oil companies have been crawling all over Alaska since oil was first discovered there, never underestimate the power of human greed.

One exploratory well was drilled in ANWAR in 1985. Today, the only thing restricted are exploratory wells, which usually don't even commence until the stuff mentioned above that isn't restricted is satisfactory. There is also plenty of private land surrounding the place, and it's being drilled all the time. We estimate recoverable reserves at a low of 600 million barrels to a high of around 10 billion out of a total of around 30 billion barrels.
Well if you work in the oil industry then you know that there is a ban on exploration in ANWR. Saying anything else is an out and out lie. Please go and get some up to date information. You even allude to this fact in your post when you talk about seismic surveys being done in '83 to '85. You want readers of your crap to assume that the technology of today is no different than it was 23 years ago! What a post full of crap. The computers that you talk about are models of what geologists have found with SIMILAR surveys and then have discovered that there are more reserves once they actually start drilling the Exploratory wells which you do admit they have outlawed. The restriction plain and simple is on the exploration and EVERY estimate we have is based of of computer models from the data that was generated 23 years ago.

You work in the oil industry? Great. go down to the engineering department and ask them about the changes in seismic technology in the past 23 years. Unless your "Oil Industry" career is the night manager at Quicky mart. True you sell gas so I guess that would make you part of the industry.

Talk to me when you have been on the drilling side either onshore or offshore (where I have been working).

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 99 ML430 - 02 330i
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Solidjake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Well, the dollar did strengthen against the Euro by .23.
thats cause the euro dropped. maybe the strength of our dollar will be the new stable point and everyone's currency will drop or increase to match ours like before
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
thats cause the euro dropped. maybe the strength of our dollar will be the new stable point and everyone's currency will drop or increase to match ours like before

Irony at it's best, The US financial market has screwed the pooch and made things so bad and the world get's scared and rushes to buy the USD as they are not sure what else to buy for stability.......
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Well if you work in the oil industry then you know that there is a ban on exploration in ANWR. Saying anything else is an out and out lie. Please go and get some up to date information. You even allude to this fact in your post when you talk about seismic surveys being done in '83 to '85. You want readers of your crap to assume that the technology of today is no different than it was 23 years ago! What a post full of crap. The computers that you talk about are models of what geologists have found with SIMILAR surveys and then have discovered that there are more reserves once they actually start drilling the Exploratory wells which you do admit they have outlawed. The restriction plain and simple is on the exploration and EVERY estimate we have is based of of computer models from the data that was generated 23 years ago.

You work in the oil industry? Great. go down to the engineering department and ask them about the changes in seismic technology in the past 23 years. Unless your "Oil Industry" career is the night manager at Quicky mart. True you sell gas so I guess that would make you part of the industry.

Talk to me when you have been on the drilling side either onshore or offshore (where I have been working).
Please explain what part of seismic testing has changed drastically in the last two plus decades. Is it the explosive material in the "shaker" or the magnet material in the accelerometer that reads the shock waves?

The way this works is the data is logged and stored as raw data. The things that have evolved over the last twenty five years are pretty much limited to computing power and software for analyzing and post processing the data.

Which means you go get the old "raw" data and use modern tools to analyze it. No restrictions on that. In fact I believe most of it is freely available to anyone who asks for it, if you know who to ask in the Government and how to ask correctly (right forms, etc.). Because most of the geological data that is acquired must be made available to the Government if it is not acquired by them as part of the leasing process, and that data is eventually made available to the public.

So the closely guarded technical developments are centered on how to figure out what the data means.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in