The Thank You Bush Thread - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
^^ ha ha It's a great time to be a liberal.

And you too can join the club, pay your dues and start with this one

Once you are a member in good standing and own her collection then you can graduate to this baby...........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
My dad is 50 and works HARD physically every day laying tile. He has for 30 years. He shows no sign of slowing. His uncle is 72 and lays carpet every day. Just because your family wears out at 50 doesn't mean that mine does.

Don't worry about me Bear. I have a REALLY good handle on my finances. I don't count on a booming economy to make my money for me either. Real tradeskill labor is steady and consistent.

As of right now I can think of 6 different ways that I earn an income most weeks. I am not too worried about 6 people coming in and taking all of my money. During the great depression unemployment peaked out under 25%. that means I would still have 3-4 jobs left right.
Working bent over in a coal mine does that.

What you "missed" in your economics classes while trying to avoid all that "liberal crap" from being shoved down your throat is that, during a depression, with layoffs, two things will happen to your "six jobs" scenario.

First, many people that can pay you for work NOW will not have money to pay you for work. So unless you work for nothing, those jobs won't count. Second, with layoffs, unemployment and restructuring of jobs, while there will still be the same amount of work to be done, there will be a lot more folks with free time who are also trying to calculate the "six different ways to earn an income..." which will cut into EVERYBODY's options.

What you think will work now might not even be in the mix for what will be options should there be a depression in the near future.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I can work for under $25K a year...I was there just a few months ago. I can run a company, I am PMP certified, MSEE, MBA, can do finance, accounting, build shit (mechanical, electronics, electrical, software, apps, and much more).
I will take haddix's jobs I am make him my shoe shine boy for 20c an hour

Last edited by DP; 10-08-2008 at 01:12 PM.
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
My dad is 50 and works HARD physically every day laying tile. He has for 30 years. He shows no sign of slowing. His uncle is 72 and lays carpet every day. Just because your family wears out at 50 doesn't mean that mine does.

Don't worry about me Bear. I have a REALLY good handle on my finances. I don't count on a booming economy to make my money for me either. Real tradeskill labor is steady and consistent.

As of right now I can think of 6 different ways that I earn an income most weeks. I am not too worried about 6 people coming in and taking all of my money. During the great depression unemployment peaked out under 25%. that means I would still have 3-4 jobs left right.
In addition to mcbear's comments, during hard times an unsympathetic asshole like you will be the last person to be hired. It just so happens that when you wear your "I care about me and don't care about anyone else" attitude so proudly on your chest, it is particularly unappealing when everyone is making extraordinary sacrifices to help each other. But hey, you go ahead and find out for yourself and your family.

Jim
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
In addition to mcbear's comments, during hard times an unsympathetic asshole like you will be the last person to be hired. It just so happens that when you wear your "I care about me and don't care about anyone else" attitude so proudly on your chest, it is particularly unappealing when everyone is making extraordinary sacrifices to help each other. But hey, you go ahead and find out for yourself and your family.

Jim
Don't push him or he may kill his family thinking that he owns them too. The selfish assholes are starting to act up with today's bad financial news. That horrible scenario has just happened and I am afraid to see many of those in the coming days as some will not be able to handle reality
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Guess I will be the first to die of starvation when the next depression hits then. Oh well. Such is life.
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Don't push him or he may kill his family thinking that he owns them too. The selfish assholes are starting to act up with today's bad financial news. That horrible scenario has just happened and I am afraid to see many of those in the coming days as some will not be able to handle reality
There are going to be a bunch of those before this is over.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Guess I will be the first to die of starvation when the next depression hits then. Oh well. Such is life.
Flip is an excellent attribute to have during a crisis.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
As I said you can take care of my shoes... do you also do pedicures?
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I fail to see how we got from me being able to take care of myself to being selfish? Do you have any idea how much money and clothing i have donated to people? Do you ahve any idea how many people we have let live in our home when they had no home? Did you know that I have fixed cars for hundreds of people for free and bought parts at my expense when they couldn't afford it? I am far from selfish. I AM unsypathetic to those who took advantage of the booming economy in a greedy way and used to purchase things they couldn't afford.

Oh, and whoever said they would take my jobs, I doubt you have the talents required to take all of them. Every person has unique talents and abilities. Honing these skills is what makes us valuable in good times and in bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in