Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The GOP Right Wing so out of step they have become incoherent
I was jut giving thought to the various things you have to believe in order to be a goosestepping right winger:
1) Climitology: Global Warming, inspite of the weight of scientific evidence, is a false
2) Biology: Evolution, inspite of the weight of scientific evidence, is a false
3) Geology: inspite of the weight of scientific evidence, the idea the Earth is billions of years old, is false
4) Zoology: Some guy named Noah is responsible for all the species on the planet, which he saved in a flood commanded by God 5,000 years ago
5) Political Science: All of us have three fundamental rights given to us by our Creator, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, except for gay people, who are going to hell, and pregnant women, who have to do what The State tells them to do.
Enlightened, educated people know all of the above is horrendous bullshit. I could probably think of more, and they have that right that Oliver Wendal Holmes claimed was the ultimate right of an American - to be a damned fool if that is what they wanted to be - but do we really need another round of leadership like this? McCain and Palin give lipservice to the opposite of some of these ideas, but we all know that is the crowd they will bring into office with them - Creationist nuts who want to poison the public schools with religious lies, Jesus freaks who will bring their intolerance into everything they do, falsifiers of scientific truth who corrupt public websites with lies - all things that happened under Bush, do we need to do it for another four years? Isn't it time for it to be over?
Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.
-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-02-2008 at 08:09 AM.