I was jut giving thought to the various things you have to believe in order to be a goosestepping right winger:
1) Climitology: Global Warming, inspite of the weight of scientific evidence, is a false
2) Biology: Evolution, inspite of the weight of scientific evidence, is a false
3) Geology: inspite of the weight of scientific evidence, the idea the Earth is billions of years old, is false
4) Zoology: Some guy named Noah is responsible for all the species on the planet, which he saved in a flood commanded by God 5,000 years ago
5) Political Science: All of us have three fundamental rights given to us by our Creator, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, except for gay people, who are going to hell, and pregnant women, who have to do what The State tells them to do.
Enlightened, educated people know all of the above is horrendous bullshit. I could probably think of more, and they have that right that Oliver Wendal Holmes claimed was the ultimate right of an American - to be a damned fool if that is what they wanted to be - but do we really need another round of leadership like this? McCain and Palin give lipservice to the opposite of some of these ideas, but we all know that is the crowd they will bring into office with them - Creationist nuts who want to poison the public schools with religious lies, Jesus freaks who will bring their intolerance into everything they do, falsifiers of scientific truth who corrupt public websites with lies - all things that happened under Bush, do we need to do it for another four years? Isn't it time for it to be over?
As I have been specifically invited to respond to the various points as expressed by the author here I will do so.
1. Climatology - The "Weight" of scientific evidence means jack shit. When we are talking science we talk accuracy. I for one think the climate has been in a warming cycle just like all the other cycles that the WEIGHT of scientific evidence has shown. Scientific evidence that is described as "Consensus" or "Lots of Smart Fellas Think This Way" doesn't mean squat. The scientific community is human and as such they seek numbers to bolster their argument if there is no proof. Read about Galileo and what he went through to find out what the "Consensus" thought. So in short, no we are not causing global warming and any effort we make to arrest, alter, or otherwise change the climatic changes we are observing will:
A) throw the world economy into ruin (We're headed that way now)
B) Create unintended consequences that will kill more people and eat more resources.
2. Biology - Evolution is a theory as is Intelligent design. Neither have been proven and the weight of evidence is pretty light on both sides. See above about what I think of "Weight of Evidence."
3. Geology - I have never believed that the Bible is meant to give us specific dates of creation. The vast majority of Christians do not believe this either. I think it is foolish to look at carbon 14 dating and say "This is from the devil." It is a scientific process that has been PROVEN to show the physical age of matter. It amazes me that open minded people would assume everyone thinks exactly the same way.
4. Noah is definitely an interesting cat but I do not believe that he is responsible for saving the worlds Fauna and Flora. I do believe that around the time frame the story was supposed to have happened that there was a terrificly huge flood. The reason I say this is because of all the creation myths in worldwide literature, the vast majority of cultures talk of a great flood around the same time period.
5. Political Science. If you are a true follower of Christ than you believe what Christ believed. I am not a big believer in the Old Testament Laws of Leviticus. Christ preached love and forgiveness. I follow the words of Christ, not some priest in a church who, as an organisation, is more concerned with power and prestige of a building that is to be for the glory of God. God doesn't care one wit about a building. He cares about our souls. I don't judge people or their behaviour. We are all sinners and we all fall short. We only have to ask for God's forgiveness. As for the pregnant women being told what to do...NEWS FLASH...we all have to do with our bodies what the government tells us we must do. It is called Not Killing A Person. Now we can have all sorts of discussions about when a fetus is a person, and rape, and incest, and everything else. But just remember when you abort a fetus, you stop a beating heart. I am against outlawing abortions. What I abhor as well is the Abortion clinics not giving the whole picture to a mother.
As for your final rant all I can say is that you are doing Oliver Wendell Holmes proud with your behaviour.
When presented with science to back up global warming skepticism why is it abhorrent to examine it. It is people such as you FTL who are the dogmatic believers in the Socialist Experiment. Stop with the race baiting and scare tactics. While you say McCain pays lip service to the Consititution (just suspend everything you know about McCain in the Navy) I would rather go that route than an individual who has demonstrated through action that he would curb your first amendment rights. The only people I see using law enforcement to curb free speech is the Obama Campaign.