Why I really have problems pulling the lever for McCain - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Why I really have problems pulling the lever for McCain

Now before the likes of McBear and Feel (himself) The Love and all you other name calling miscreants get all excited, I didn't say I wouldn't vote for McCain.

McCain's tax plan does in fact raise taxes on middle class with the inclusion of Medical Benefits as part of the taxable income. There is no argument from me on this fact. That alone is enough to piss me off completely.

However, I see the primary issue as being The War on Terror. I still can not get past the Obama position of withdrawl. I just do not understand why he can not tell everyone "We will stay until we finish the job and we will not bind our military the way did in Vietnam."

Tie this to the absurd Tax increase he is proposing that will force company's to lay of workers, I just can not pull the lever for him.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
because we are the ones terrorising the world and it has to stop. the wot is a total joke just like war on drugs, poverty and whatever else..



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,253
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Now before the likes of McBear and Feel (himself) The Love and all you other name calling miscreants get all excited, I didn't say I wouldn't vote for McCain.

McCain's tax plan does in fact raise taxes on middle class with the inclusion of Medical Benefits as part of the taxable income. There is no argument from me on this fact. That alone is enough to piss me off completely.

However, I see the primary issue as being The War on Terror. I still can not get past the Obama position of withdrawl. I just do not understand why he can not tell everyone "We will stay until we finish the job and we will not bind our military the way did in Vietnam."

Tie this to the absurd Tax increase he is proposing that will force company's to lay of workers, I just can not pull the lever for him.
Maybe because doing so would perpetuate the same type of moronism that has cost us around $700 billion dollars since 2001, and hasn't netted the capture of the people who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks. Of course, if you enjoy spending your children and mine into oblivion by funding our dick-fiddling exercise in Iraq, or worse, starting new ones in Pakistan, Russia, and Iran, by all means vote for McCain.

It's clearer than ever that your reading comprehension is zero, if Ron Paul was your guy early on.
Qubes is offline  
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
because we are the ones terrorising the world and it has to stop. the wot is a total joke just like war on drugs, poverty and whatever else..
WOW! We are the ones terrorising the world. There you have it folks. It is our fault that there is Terrorism in the world.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,253
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Is that so tough to rationalize?
Qubes is offline  
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Maybe because doing so would perpetuate the same type of moronism that has cost us around $700 billion dollars since 2001, and hasn't netted the capture of the people who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks. Of course, if you enjoy spending your children and mine into oblivion by funding our dick-fiddling exercise in Iraq, or worse, starting new ones in Pakistan, Russia, and Iran, by all means vote for McCain.

It's clearer than ever that your reading comprehension is zero, if Ron Paul was your guy early on.
How very isolationist of you.

The absence of conflict means peace to you I guess.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,253
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
How very isolationist of you.

The absence of conflict means peace to you I guess.
I'm not an isolationist at all. There's a difference between having relationships with other countries, and treating them all like something to either fleece or fuck.

Yes, the antonym of conflict is peace. Kind of like "don't start shit, there won't be no shit." At least no conflict that is any of our business.

Who's going to attack us at home anymore? What are we doing today that protects us here at home?
Qubes is offline  
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
WOW! We are the ones terrorising the world. There you have it folks. It is our fault that there is Terrorism in the world.
The world is not our business, the United States is our business. Do you know how I recognize imperialists? They equate non-interventionism with isolationism. Once you make it over that dissociative hump, you may find yourself on a path toward embracing the very libertarianism you claim to admire.

And have no doubt, the invasion/occupation of Iraq is an act of unprovoked imperialist aggression on the part of the U.S.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
So where was all the outrage when we were in Bosnia? The first Gulf War?

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
sleewell's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2006 C230
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i would be more concerned with voting for someone that appoints a nitwit like Palin to succeed him if he croaks. lets be honest here; he is not exactly a spring chicken and while normally the VP isnt the most important choice its not the place for a PR stunt.
sleewell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    pulling kickboxer W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 1 11-25-2005 04:52 AM
    Pulling to the right Benzonline W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 0 12-15-2004 12:28 AM
    Pulling to the right... Thomas.Schumacher W201 190-Class 5 01-11-2004 11:44 AM
    Directional tires cause pulling to right? Handling problems? cporterfield W220 S-Class 2 06-29-2003 09:10 AM
    Have you got any close-up of brabus gearshift lever & hand-brake lever as picture? Marcello (Piacenza - R170 SLK-Class 12 04-04-2002 09:22 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome