How did Nebuchadnezzar know what the son of God looked like? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
I'm not saying to count each individual book of the Bible as different documents, I am talking about the different documents that were used to write each individual book. There are multiple sources for many of the books in the Bible.

Why do people fight so hard against God? It's much easier to follow him than it is to deny him. The way of the transgressor is hard. He said "my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
You do realize that numerous Bible books contradict each other, do you not?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
None of the books of the Bible contradict each other...
post #53 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Can't think of any offhand?
post #54 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Can't think of any offhand?
Wow, nobody's thought to put them in a list before.

A List Of Biblical Contradictions
Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Which first--beasts or man?

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?

MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."

LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."

Jesus' last words

MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Years of famine

II SAMUEL 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?

I CHRONICLES 21:11: SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;

Righteous live?

PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
post #55 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
HMMM. Germanstar. please look at 1:59 on this video. Thats where the best in person meet in BWOT history will be, IMHO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsfVw9xxoNY
post #56 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm not saying to count each individual book of the Bible as different documents, I am talking about the different documents that were used to write each individual book. There are multiple sources for many of the books in the Bible.

Why do people fight so hard against God? It's much easier to follow him than it is to deny him. The way of the transgressor is hard. He said "my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I think the problem with your question is that you assume that the god that is in the Christian religion is the only possible solution to the question. In that you are making a poor assumption.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #57 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Wow, nobody's thought to put them in a list before.

A List Of Biblical Contradictions
[INDENT]Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.
You didn't list contradictions just a bunch of things that people don't take the time to research.

Jesus' earthly father Joseph was the natural born son of Jacob but the legal son of Heli. You see Heli died before having any children and so his wife became the wife of his brother Jacob. Under Levite law of the day the children born of Heli's widow, even though fathered naturally by Jacob, were legally considered the children of Heli.
post #58 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think the problem with your question is that you assume that the god that is in the Christian religion is the only possible solution to the question. In that you are making a poor assumption.
Which question are you referring to?
post #59 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:
Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
Where is the contradiction here? Just because someone leaves out a name doesn't mean there is a contradiction. They are three people telling a story. Clearly they all agree that the important character is Mary Magdalene though for some reason. Could it be because she was Jesus' wife?
post #60 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Haddixracing

Quote:

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Again no contradiction. The holy trinity consists of Three who are 1. The father is of course the greatest of the three. The son the lesser. The holy spirit was the comforter who came after Jesus left. All of them have always existed. In Genesis who do you think God was talking to when he said "let US make man in OUR image?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in