How did Nebuchadnezzar know what the son of God looked like? - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
 
cmitch's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Location: City on the TN River
Posts: 10,691
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
I wish I could stop casting my pearls before swine, it's just hard to be quiet. I'm not built that way.
Would it be better to cast them around the neck or across the breasts of some poor, unsuspecting hot babe?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
cmitch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Haddixracing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Women still like pearls? I thought diamonds were the new thing, especially those colored ones.
post #133 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 04:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
You must not be a scientist. You do realize that you can't believe in all scientific theories equally? String theory vs quantum gravity comes to mind.
No, you must not be a student of science or religion. The Bible does not say its purpose is to be pitted against scientific observations of nature in the future, whether they deal with the relative location of the sun and the earth as they travel through space. That is done by people who elect to interpret the bible for their own political benefit.

In the cases of the age of the earth or evolution, there is nothing in the bible that says in any definitive terms the basic tenets of Christianity are dependent upon believing some future asshole's interpretation of the words that are in opposition to the then current observations by man, using God's gifts of talents and determination of how nature, God's creation, works. The message of the Bible is about spiritual aspects life, not about history and technology.

In fact, it would be much more reasonable to just take the words in the Bible to mean there is some shit that the authors of the Bible (men who were woefully ignorant about their position in the universe, as well as science and technology compared to modern scientists and technologists) just don't know about, so they made a then-state-of-the-art estimate of some relatively unimportant to the overall message of the Bible aspects of the earth's role in a universe they had no idea about. It is a common phenomena and quite successful when the WAG or SWAG is a detail in a side show of your main story or message. When it is contradicted by relieving the ignorance that spawned the WAG or SWAG, the meaning of the overall message is not affected. Unless you elect to make that the case. And when that happens ask yourself who benefits? It surely isn't you, the pawn being played by the player in the business that is organized religion.

And, if you bothered to read the scientific method, and practice its basic formula for advancing human knowledge you would know that theories become tools we use once they evolve from a hypothesis to a theory. They never advance beyond theory, no matter how well acquainted we become with them because scientists acknowledge they only know our understanding of these "theories" will change as we learn more about our universe. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #134 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Haddixracing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
No, you must not be a student of science or religion. The Bible does not say its purpose is to be pitted against scientific observations of nature in the future, whether they deal with the relative location of the sun and the earth as they travel through space. That is done by people who elect to interpret the bible for their own political benefit.

In the cases of the age of the earth or evolution, there is nothing in the bible that says in any definitive terms the basic tenets of Christianity are dependent upon believing some future asshole's interpretation of the words that are in opposition to the then current observations by man, using God's gifts of talents and determination of how nature, God's creation, works. The message of the Bible is about spiritual aspects life, not about history and technology.

In fact, it would be much more reasonable to just take the words in the Bible to mean there is some shit that the authors of the Bible (men who were woefully ignorant about their position in the universe, as well as science and technology compared to modern scientists and technologists) just don't know about, so they made a then-state-of-the-art estimate of some relatively unimportant to the overall message of the Bible aspects of the earth's role in a universe they had no idea about. It is a common phenomena and quite successful when the WAG or SWAG is a detail in a side show of your main story or message. When it is contradicted by relieving the ignorance that spawned the WAG or SWAG, the meaning of the overall message is not affected. Unless you elect to make that the case. And when that happens ask yourself who benefits? It surely isn't you, the pawn being played by the player in the business that is organized religion.

And, if you bothered to read the scientific method, and practice its basic formula for advancing human knowledge you would know that theories become tools we use once they evolve from a hypothesis to a theory. They never advance beyond theory, no matter how well acquainted we become with them because scientists acknowledge they only know our understanding of these "theories" will change as we learn more about our universe. Jim
I agree with you, so we must have went to the same school.
post #135 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Smackrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
I agree with you, so we must have went to the same school.

Did you use that form of the verb in your Spelling Bee genious 145?


go - Conjugation of the English verb go

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Smackrattle is offline  
post #136 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Haddixracing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
Did you use that form of the verb in your Spelling Bee genious 145?


go - Conjugation of the English verb go
I am from the midwest, it's how we talk in the tri-state area. Get over it. Let's just knock my IQ down to 45 so you can stop keeping score.

We also dangle participles.
post #137 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
 
cmitch's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Location: City on the TN River
Posts: 10,691
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
Women still like pearls? I thought diamonds were the new thing, especially those colored ones.
Women love pearl necklaces.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
cmitch is offline  
post #138 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,253
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Women love pearl necklaces.
And coleslaw.



Maverick.
Qubes is offline  
post #139 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
I agree with you, so we must have went to the same school.
Except I don't look to the Bible to find things out about the age of the earth or about how humans came to be the animals we are today from the time before life existed. I rely on theories that are vetted using the Scientific Method by others around the world who also understand and employ it to further human understanding of our universe. While you seem aware of this tool we use, you don't appear to actually grasp its implementation over the last century. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #140 of 156 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
The same way I explain invisible fairies in the sky.
Fairies wear boots, you got to believe it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Anyone looked at this one? clark_S420 W140 S-Class 1 10-15-2007 04:46 PM
    Anybody looked into this... Capt.wrongway Unimog 9 04-08-2007 12:34 PM
    the Son of God came to save us not judge us... ron3931nc Off-Topic 48 07-18-2006 04:49 PM
    What the new CL should have looked like everythingmercedes C215 CL-Class 2 07-04-2006 01:55 AM
    Son of a B!T(H! 190E-Boy W201 190-Class 1 10-13-2003 10:14 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome