post #61 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
For those who have supported Bush and his Economic Policies for the past eight years, TODAY is why we have needed a President who has not been such a consistent dumbshit in the Economic arena. We needed to have a President who still had enough credibility that, should the shit hit the fan, he would be able to pull together a bipartisan coalition to solve the problem

Bush's total lack of credibility FAILED AMERICA TODAY

And there are those who want to bring in McCain who has echoed Bush Economic Doctrine for the last Eight Years [until he had to change his talking points last week] and Palin who appears clueless to the world [would ANYONE really want that trying to pull out a rescue or instill confidence in WORLD MARKETS???].

Thanks guys.
There you go again! At a time when we all need to pull together to try and help in solving the problem, you have to pull your big fat finger out and start pointing at others. Put it back in your pocket bear! And stop trying to stir the pot!!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I just got out, and moved my stock-laden mutuals into money market accounts.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #63 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Bush's total lack of credibility FAILED AMERICA TODAY
Half of his own party finally jumped ship. The cracks are widening and the rift will take a long time to heal.
post #64 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
There you go again! At a time when we all need to pull together to try and help in solving the problem, you have to pull your big fat finger out and start pointing at others. Put it back in your pocket bear! And stop trying to stir the pot!!
NOW is the only time it might actually soak in.

When folks make mistakes they need to be addressed THEN, not well after the fact when the lessons are forgotten. And when folks make mistakes that affect MILLIONS of Americans, there is no time like ASAP to insure that lessons are learned.

I come from a world of problem solving, not avoidance.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #65 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I did as much as I could when Bear Sterns fell. It didn't look right then. What is left is what has to be.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #66 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
She went off on partisan tirade just before the vote, essentially blaming Republicans for obstructing a solution to the problem. If she'd just saved that vitriol for after the vote, the bill would have passed. Now that is the kind of "leadership" this nation cannot afford.
Those poor babies - The R's got chewed out by a woman and decided to crash the stockmarket.

When devils will the blackest sins put on, they do suggest, at first with heavenly shows - Othello
post #67 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Now that's the way to lock in your losses! My condolences...

post #68 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

From a London perspective:

US economy: Wall Street bailout analysis - revolt on Main Street
Hours after President George W. Bush put his dwindling prestige on the line to plead for his Wall Street bailout bill, his party colleagues in Congress cast it aside amid a revolt from Main Street.

By Toby Harnden in Washington
Last Updated: 8:52PM BST 29 Sep 2008

As the House of Representatives rejected the pounds $700 billion bill and went back to the drawing board, the political farce threatened to turn into a political crisis as Congress – one of the few national institutions to be even more unpopular that Mr Bush – failed to act.

The proximity of the November 4th election – when all 435 seats in the House are up for grabs – as well as the interlocking problems of Mr Bush’s lack of political capital and the anger against Wall Street and the political class played a central role in dooming the bill.

No Republican wanted to vote for a bill that their own leader Representative John Boehner had just described as a “crap sandwich” and that constituents from coast to coast were branding an immoral formula that left taxpayers footing the bill for the fat cats.

Mr Boehner invited his members to vote “your conscience”. Some did just that while others saw the prospect of political oblivion staring at them if they were up against a Democrat – and 95 of them voted against the bill along with 133 Republicans – who had rejected a bill they had supported.

The failure of the bill showed how pervasive the “throw the bums out” mentality has spread amongst American voters – who the House, which is by its nature of serving two-years terms, is intensely reflective of.

Shortly before the vote, one Republican congressman remarked that being asked to back the bill reminded him of being told six years ago: “Don’t worry, we’ll find the weapons of mass destruction.” Mr Bush is now more of a dead duck than a lame one.

The House Republicans leaders also bear much of the blame after delivering just 65 of their votes. As some of their members headed for their constituencies, all they could do was to blame Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Speaker of the House, for the mess.

She had injected a “partisan voice that poisoned our conference”, said Mr Boehner whose ringing endorsement of the legislation he had backed was: “Americans are angry and so are my colleagues. They don’t want to vote for a bill like this. And I understand that.

US economy: Wall Street bailout analysis - revolt on Main Street - Telegraph

McBear,
Kentucky

post #69 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
NOW is the only time it might actually soak in.

When folks make mistakes they need to be addressed THEN, not well after the fact when the lessons are forgotten. And when folks make mistakes that affect MILLIONS of Americans, there is no time like ASAP to insure that lessons are learned.

I come from a world of problem solving, not avoidance.
All of us here could legitimately be pointing even more fingers at democRATS for this mess, but you are the only one doing it.

post #70 of 242 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
She went off on partisan tirade just before the vote, essentially blaming Republicans for obstructing a solution to the problem. If she'd just saved that vitriol for after the vote, the bill would have passed. Now that is the kind of "leadership" this nation cannot afford.
Yeah, because we wouldn't want to have to remember that it was the Republican caucus Thursday that put the thing in a tailspin and required an extra three days to complete, now would we. I seem to remember some PARTISAN commentary coming out of those little press conferences as they backed down from their previous commitments. [much like they did today].

Bush's Legacy just got another Chapter. And this one is going to be LONG.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in