McCain/Palin's Day of Media Infamy - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I look at the choice you have in front of you in November I honestly feel sorry for you as a nation. And please, I don't mean that to be insulting. I don't hate Americans by any stretch. I believe you deserve better than this. Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin are the best that the Democrats and Republicans can offer?

I have to wonder if this combination of anger and helplessnes towards the political process amongst the educated class is anything like what your Founding Fathers were feeling in the early 1770s. I swear it is as good as taxation without representation. Do any of these yahoos really represent you? Do they really understand what the average person cares about? And are they looking to make any sort of improvement in your lives or in the lives of your children? I'm really beginning to see why Americans are as tax-averse as they are - Congress takes your money and doesn't really spend it on you. I don't love paying taxes, but at least I can see where a lot of it gets spent and how it makes an improvement in my daily life. You get a choice between the Giant Douche and the Turd Sandwich, both of whom have been presented to you by the money gleaned from special interest groups and lobbyists all looking to protect their own and spend your money.

Your nation has better and brighter to offer. They just can't break through the stranglehold that the Repos and the Dems have on the process - they might as well be Bloods and Crips, except they've divided up the turf and are just looking to keep things right the way they are. If there was a boat full of tea in Boston Harbour right now, I'd bet money on the cargo going over the side in the not too distant future.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Better and brighter is right. Those folks were weeded out and tossed aside as part of our Primary process. I sometimes wonder if there is another country on the planet in which intellect is considered a political handicap...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 96 SL500, 97 E420,
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gqmagic
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
It hurts...the pain. The agony.
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
slightly creased
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2008 ML 500
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
can't you have Miss Teen South Carolina as a political figure??

I mean, she's much better looking than Mrs Doubtfire.

I'm just saying....

beware of fundamentalists

post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:06 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 2000 e320 4matic Sedan
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i love you guys for posting is the actual interview with couric....i swear if palin gets into the white house i will move to another country

Video: Sarah Stays Taking A L: " I Have Foreign Policy Experience Because My Next Door Neighbor Is Russia!"
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade

(Sarah Palin sure aged a lot in a year) LOL

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
I watched the whole episode on CBS Evening News with Katie Couric. Words cannot describe how disappointed I was, as I had hoped there was actually something, somewhere that McCain and the GOP saw in her that was not coming across. I mean, she could be the POTUS by the end of January, 2009.

I was nearly dumbstruck by her "good guys and bad guys" thought process on Israel and Iran, and her inability to stay on topic without getting lost in "talking points" that were mixed up and interleaved to the point where I am sure Miss Teen USA - South Carolina is now greatly relieved that another woman has taken the title of Miss Most-Incoherent-Babble-on-National-Television from her. Someone needs to quickly tell the GOP having the least capable person as VP on this ticket is not good for America. And likely not good for the GOP as Katie Couric noted at the end of her piece on Palin that her ratings have plummeted 14 or so points in the last week.

Katie Couric must be thinking she is in the wrong business. Jim
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
(Sarah Palin sure aged a lot in a year) LOL
I guess while the elephant team had her hidden away "teaching" her the GOP and John McCain way of thinking, all they really did was take turns boning her three at a time. A month or so air tight and that is what happens, you look a bit disheveled when you come out and apparently can't really think straight.

Seriously I think Alaska is going to reject her once this is over and all she got from the whole episode was rough, gang sex for a few months and a ticket home to be a hockey Mom again. She will have put any chance for women in the office of President and VP back a lot more than 4 years.

post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: And what was left was what was guilt was what u gave to me
Location: A cavalcade of strangers came to tear ur world apart
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Palin is not of the D.C. machine, she is so far from it she must appear a little lost in space. Do you want genuine change or not?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: