Another 25 billion USD...PPPfffftttt pocket change. House clears $25bn for carmakers - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
JE,
The guy is a fucking idiot. He claims he has higher education but look at his writing, one would wonder how he finished his thesis in Grad school with a passing grade. And by the way, don't forget he also claimed he is top of his class in debate. I have yet to see one valid point from him. He is full of shit at best.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
JE,
The guy is a fucking idiot. He claims he has higher education but look at his writing, one would wonder how he finished his thesis in Grad school with a passing grade. And by the way, don't forget he also claimed he is top of his class in debate. I have yet to see one valid point from him. He is full of shit at best.

I know, according to him he knows best for all here, I still have doubts he even lives in the States and in my opinion the closest he gets to those cars he lsted in his OT sig is when washing them at his job in the car wash...........
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
One could only imagine why someone who has a P-car but not on Rennlist. Right?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Guys get over that luxury cars problem in your mind. I spend $100K back in 1984 because American starts to buy china made. I happened in that trade. Walmart, Home depot, Lowe's are my best customers. After 20 years, we still buy china made, my business model has not change too much in last 20 years. One word of advise: Know your weakness, pursuit your strength.

500SEC 1984 retired at 192K
Porsche 928S GT 1984 (euro) retired at 243K
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Do we have a winner ?
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisound View Post
One word of advise: Know your weakness, pursuit your strength.
Fill what's empty, empty what's full and scratch where it itches.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Fill what's empty, empty what's full and scratch where it itches.
mes couilles par exemple
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
GM, Chrysler Ask for $10 Billion to Aid Merger

General Motors and Cerberus Capital Management have asked the U.S. government for roughly $10 billion in an unprecedented rescue package to support a merger between GM and Chrysler, two sources with direct knowledge of the talks said on Monday.

General Motors Headquarters

The government funding would include roughly $3 billion in exchange for preferred stock in the merged automaker, according to one of the sources, who was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

The U.S. Treasury Department is considering a request for direct aid to facilitate the merger and a decision could come this week, sources familiar with the still-developing government response said earlier on Monday.

An injection of $3 billion in equity to support a GM acquisition of Chrysler would be roughly equivalent to the current, depressed value of the top U.S. automaker.

It would also give U.S. taxpayers a large stake in the turnaround of a struggling auto industry that employs over 350,000 American workers and is credited with supporting employment for another 4.5 million in related fields.

Analysts see GM, Chrysler and rival Ford Motor having been driven to the brink of failure by a combination of management missteps, slowing global growth and problems in credit markets.

In addition to its equity stake, the U.S. government is also being asked to provide support for the GM-Chrysler merger by taking over some $3 billion in pension obligations under the terms of a proposal now before the government for review, the first source said.

The final component of the proposed support package would be a credit line that could include U.S. government purchases of commercial paper issued by GM to relieve short-term pressure on liquidity, the person said.

A combined GM-Chrysler would control roughly a third of the U.S. auto market by sales and would face immediate pressure to cut costs stemming from excess capacity in almost every facet of its business. Those would include a stable of 11 brands, roughly 10,000 dealers and some 97,000 union-represented factory workers, analysts have said.

But one of the conditions of the merger would be that GM-Chrysler would spare as many jobs as possible in order to win broad political support for the government funding needed to complete the deal, people familiar with the merger discussions said.

GM could not be immediately reached for comment. Cerberus and Chrysler had no comment.

The roughly $10 billion to support the GM merger with Chrysler would be in addition to whatever funds would be allocated to the automaker under an already approved $25 billion program to provide low-interest loans to the industry for retooling to make more fuel-efficient cars.

GM, Chrysler Ask for $10 Billion to Aid Merger - Automotive * US * News * Story - CNBC.com
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
GM/Ford/Chrysler will be nationalized aka Airbus.
What did I say ?

It is better to nationalize them than hand out aid to the cerebral vultures.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

The banks, the insurance industry, now
the auto companies,
what's the next domino ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in