Another 25 billion USD...PPPfffftttt pocket change. House clears $25bn for carmakers - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisound View Post
elau
Keep your belief. I will not answer yours. If you think we do not have resources in America, you better get out before you will starved to death. By the way, I am serious doubt how much tax you will be paying into our national tax system. We are lucky that we do not support your living through social aid..
Wow......it sounds like you know me personally. Good for you. You are right, I don't pay no taxes and maybe that's why I was not qualified for the stimulus checks two years in a roll.

The ONLY reason you don't answer me is because you DO NOT have any answer. Like I said before, you are a troll. No more no less.

For someone who claimed to be top of his class in debate, you sure give up quickly. Or are you speechless?

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
why is throwing money at a problem the only solution that we are coming up with??? and its money we dont even have!!!

if something is broke and you dont fix the problem you can dump as money in as you want but it wont fix it. i am i wrong here?!?!
It first depends on what the problem is. In the case of the US Auto industry, retooling to the next generation of transportation is the problem and money is really the only solution.

IF we want to have a manufacturing base in this country for the Auto Industry, which is one of the few heavy industries we have left, we have to make a choice.

If we want to PUSH to new technology in the transportation industry, and have those patents and processes developed here in America, we have to make a choice.

If we want to have a workforce that is making middle class wages, and therefore paying middle class taxes, we have to make a choice.

We have managed to allow so much of this country to be outsourced. It has cost us exponentially more than $25Billion in lost wages, lost taxes, lost jobs, lost growth. Those losses are not going to simply flip over to gains without an injection of cold hard cash. And because the Auto Industry has managed to work itself down to where it no longer has the cash reserves to do the appropriate R&D and retooling on its own, there are really minimal choices to make. This country cannot afford to have the remaining auto industry to fold up and go offshore. The cost of that scenario would be exponentially more than $25Billion.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
elau,
Let me grant your wish.
Take a tour in NASA, you will see how many foreign PHDs are working there including Chinese, Indian, and others from different countries other than local born American. In your case, I understand you do not trust others including chinese, it is because you do not even possess the knowledge to make educated judgment about who is working for the benefit of this country.

500SEC 1984 retired at 192K
Porsche 928S GT 1984 (euro) retired at 243K
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

MC, I glad you have mind of educated American. This a battle we have to fight before we lost our WAR. In order for American to keep the standard of living, we have to improve our efficiency in manufacturing, which required lots of investment in that Industry.

post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
There is no grand deception in the American motor industry, there is no individual fall guy of greed, there is only an entire society that has moved beyond the known model of building cars for profit. Labor unions and health care are eating up the American automobile industry. This is not a criticism in the least, merely an acknowledgment of time to move on to other more profitable fields or drastically change the model. We are feeding a dinosaur and prolonging the inevitable. Natural selection at work here.
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:14 PM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: MBZ 300SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Labor unions and health care are eating up the American automobile industry.
Inaccurate.
The lawyers and the legalized blackmail is eating up all the industries.
I have no problem paying for doctors and nurses but I do when the money go to lawyers that made laws to make themselfs part of the industrie. Protection payments have became legal in the last 8 yrs and that is destroying the economy.
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
There is no grand deception in the American motor industry, there is no individual fall guy of greed, there is only an entire society that has moved beyond the known model of building cars for profit. Labor unions and health care are eating up the American automobile industry. This is not a criticism in the least, merely an acknowledgment of time to move on to other more profitable fields or drastically change the model. We are feeding a dinosaur and prolonging the inevitable. Natural selection at work here.
When I talk to one of the GM's at Toyota Manufacturing up the road in Georgetown, he says that between the base labor costs [around $25 per hour], plus overtime, plus benefits, his labor costs are within 10% of any Union shop.

The problem is in some of the pension funds which the 70s era management failed to fully fund when they were flush with cash and therefore have to tap current resources to pay for their part of pension and benefits to retirees.

Good news for the Big 2/3, those retirees are dieing off at record rates so the problem is being buried.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 02:57 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
why is throwing money at a problem the only solution that we are coming up with??? and its money we dont even have!!!

if something is broke and you dont fix the problem you can dump as money in as you want but it wont fix it. i am i wrong here?!?!
I am with ya on that, this is utter BS; let'm sink
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisound View Post
elau,
Let me grant your wish.
Take a tour in NASA, you will see how many foreign PHDs are working there including Chinese, Indian, and others from different countries other than local born American. In your case, I understand you do not trust others including chinese, it is because you do not even possess the knowledge to make educated judgment about who is working for the benefit of this country.
What wish? Jay.

You still evading my question. You are still dribbling about Americans vs foreigners. Just exactly what is your point? Jay.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

How much of those knowledge he stole from our military and shipped back to China? I don't trust you Chinese. And no, it is not racist comment. Chinese is our enemy and it is what it is.
elau,
Above example from NASA answered your question about sensitive materials being pass to foreign government.
Our government know who is the foe and who is the friend. You are actually the enemy of America because you only ware a color glass only see objects if they have color.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in