Another 25 billion USD...PPPfffftttt pocket change. House clears $25bn for carmakers - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What makes you think that the GRAND PLAN is not to DEFLATE salaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The world trend is moving in that direction. New American will be enjoy less foreign goods and work harder for their living. Because our salary will lost its purchasing power as compare with previous years. But the Wall Street is running in a opposite mode now. Why ? Fear of recession, in recession, only money is the King, remember I told you above that US still has the most capital compare to the world by head count, as a nation. That is not apply to our government level. In recession, who is the last person standing ? The guy with money and food and natural resources. That is why US $ is back to its high against EURO and other currencies. But that short term trend will reverse itself after the recession fear past next 6 or 9 months.

500SEC 1984 retired at 192K
Porsche 928S GT 1984 (euro) retired at 243K
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisound View Post
The world trend is moving in that direction. New American will be enjoy less foreign goods and work harder for their living. Because our salary will lost its purchasing power as compare with previous years. But the Wall Street is running in a opposite mode now. Why ? Fear of recession, in recession, only money is the King, remember I told you above that US still has the most capital compare to the world by head count, as a nation. That is not apply to our government level. In recession, who is the last person standing ? The guy with money and food and natural resources. That is why US $ is back to its high against EURO and other currencies. But that short term trend will reverse itself after the recession fear past next 6 or 9 months.

Fail, the USD is NO WHERE fucking near it's height against the Euro, at it's hieght against the Euro is was 1 Euro for 0.85 USD.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

I told you the trend is for US $ to go lower but now it is on its short term rise because of recession fear. I agreed the word of 'its high' is incorrect. I should say " US$ is counter trended against Euro and other currencies from last few months " Expat, I respect you to discuss point in this manner.

post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisound View Post
The CEO is doing their best while they were running the company but not smart enough to foresee the future.
That's is why they are paid the top salareis. They should be able to perform 5-year and 10-year plans and execute them flawlessly. If they can't, they should step aside. As far as oil/gas price is killing the American auto industry, that is total bullshit. All they have to do is look back to the last gas crisis in the 70's. Yet, they produced more gas guzzlers in the last 12 years more than any auto makers in the world. You are here to tell me that is smart business?

Quote:
No consumer will ride small vehicles if they can afford the GAS
What information yo base this comment on? Back it up!!

Quote:
Foreign makers are concentrated in world market which gas already expensive else where.
For your information, the Big 3 are competing mostly Honda, Toyota and Nissan domestically. Which all three are more American car companies than the Big 3.

Quote:
Big 3 lost their market share drastically when the world GAS get to our mainland in last 18 months.
What a piss poor excuse that is!!! They can't sell a decent product and that is the sole reason they lost market share. They have been losing market share for decades. This whole debacle did not just come up. It has been decades in the making. Don't tell me they didn't see it coming.

Quote:
I strongly support our government to help the Big 3 to fight this losing battle base on the experience I have in world trade.
Then you can fork out your tax dollars to save the Big 3, but don't ask me to do things I don't agree. As a matter of fact, you have no idea about World trade. So stop your bullshit.

Quote:
I strongly disagree with your opinion about sub quality engineers. America has the best education in last 40 years and we still do. I am not stupid to come over here to study and become part of this country. China and India have more engineer than here because most of the world's manufacturing are over there for the cheap labor.
Do you even proof read what you wrote? How can you contradict yourself in the same sentence? Oh, but you told us you are very good at debate, even top of your class. If that is the case, yeah your best school in Hong Kong is not that good after all, or you just lied about your schooling.

Quote:
Yes. He works for US Army Lab to defense against Russia & other countries ICBM. Which job lots of chinese will not even have the chance to learn.
How much of those knowledge he stole from our military and shipped back to China? I don't trust you Chinese. And no, it is not racist comment. Chinese is our enemy and it is what it is.

Quote:
I was study in one of the top high school in Hong Kong
Which one?

Quote:
American's advantage is the resources: Capital, natural resources including food
Are you sure about that? How about some backup data. Last I check, we import just about everything. Including food.

Quote:
structure of our government.
You are killing me on this one........I haven't laughed so hard since GW took office. You apparently don't live here or you won't even think about writing something as stupid as this.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
When we look at the Big Three [actually Big 2 now], and say that the Europeans are doing a much better vision, it somehow misses the point, or at least one of the points.

GM and Ford are both doing pretty good in Europe, their cars are selling well and their designs are solid. Much of what they design HERE are based on focus groups [and maybe that is the problem] of what AMERICAN buyers want.

And up until this past year, American buyers wanted big assed trucks and SUVs. Even Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW and others wandered away from their design philosophy in order to meet American requirements. What the hell is a Porsche Cayenne S?. And not everything was designed all that well. Whether the Bangle Butt Bimmer or some of the Nissan SUVs, the vision of the Europeans and Asians are not always on the mark.

Now, where they WERE hitting the mark was quality. And that was killing the US market but that has actually improved according to JD Powers and others. The many rentals I have been in lately has also given credence to that score.

So now it comes to retooling. And pushing to rebuild an American Manufacturing Infrastructure. And THAT is really what this 25Billion is about. With 10-15Million Americans out of work, many in the rust belt, there is going to have to be some way to put that group back to work. The jobs are not going to just appear. And small business, even with ZERO taxes cannot generate that kind of jobs increase. So SOMETHING has to trigger a revamping of an American manufacturing infrastructure.

Once monies start spooling to the Big 2/3, ancillary businesses, by default start springing up. The very businesses that are closing daily in Dayton because the Blazer/Envoy plant shut down will be popping back up as it, or plants like it retool. It is not just profits for GM, Ford and whatever Chrysler is/becomes. It is the thousands of little businesses that orbit the plants.

When Toyota came to Central Kentucky, people questioned the tax breaks they got. Now, people question stopping them. Because of all the hundreds of ancillary plants that have sprung up, we have found that the crashed economy in the rest of manufacturing [everything else] and mining is a bit more palatable for the overall economy. There still are not enough jobs to fill the closed manufacturing plants but because of the plants that came in 20 years ago, the economy is better than it could be.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2006 C230
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
why is throwing money at a problem the only solution that we are coming up with??? and its money we dont even have!!!

if something is broke and you dont fix the problem you can dump as money in as you want but it wont fix it. i am i wrong here?!?!
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
GM/Ford/Chrysler will be nationalized aka Airbus.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
GM/Ford/Chrysler will be nationalized aka Airbus.

Putin is going to call and say that didn't work out to well for them...........

The Volga V12

post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

elau
Keep your belief. I will not answer yours. If you think we do not have resources in America, you better get out before you will starved to death. By the way, I am serious doubt how much tax you will be paying into our national tax system. We are lucky that we do not support your living through social aid..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in