Not all that live in Colorado are laid back liberals....Jay, did you move? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Not all that live in Colorado are laid back liberals....Jay, did you move?

5th Grader Suspended For Anti-Obama Shirt

An 11-year-old boy was reprimanded for wearing a homemade shirt reading "Obama is a terrorist's best friend" to school this week. Do you think it was appropriate for the school to punish the student.

AURORA (MyFOXColorado.com) - An 11-year-old in Aurora says his first amendment rights are being trampled after he was suspended for wearing a homemade shirt that reads "Obama is a terrorist's best friend."

The fifth grader at Aurora Frontier K-8 School wore it on a day when students were asked to wear red, white and blue to show their patriotism.

The boy's father Dann Dalton describes himself as a "proud conservative" who has taken part in some controversial anti-abortion protests. Dalton says the school made a major mistake by suspending his son for wearing the shirt.

"It's the public school system," Dalton says. "Let's be honest, it's full of liberal loons."

According the the boy's father, the school district told the student, Daxx Dalton, that he had the choice of changing his shirt, turning his shirt inside out or being suspended.

Daxx chose suspension.

"They're taking away my right of freedom of speech," he says. "If I have the right to wear this shirt I'm going to use it. And if the only way to use it is get suspended, then I'm going to get suspended."

Daxx's dad agrees with him and is encouraging his son to stand his ground. "The facts are his rights were violated. Period."

Aurora Public Schools would not talk about the case but said the district "Respects a student's right to free speech, such as the right to wear specific clothing," but administrators say they review any situation that interrupts the learning environment.

Paperwork submitted by the school district says Daxx Dalton was not suspended for wearing the shirt, but for willful disobedience and defiance.

The boy's father says he intends to pursue a lawsuit against the district.

MyFox Colorado | 5th Grader Suspended For Anti-Obama Shirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
I assumed that Bottom had graduated from Fifth Grade by now.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Hey, for someone who desires RESPECT so much, you shouldn't be so stingy in granting same.

But for the matter at hand, I'd support the young man's right to wear a shirt that tells the truth. I hope he gets some nice silk-screened ones to sell.

And for context, the Aurora school system would probably be considered the most liberal and diverse, second to Denver itself. And some of the boy's school mates accused him of being racist! Can you imagine that?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Hey, for someone who desires RESPECT so much, you shouldn't be so stingy in granting same.

But for the matter at hand, I'd support the young man's right to wear a shirt that tells the truth. I hope he gets some nice silk-screened ones to sell.

And for context, the Aurora school system would probably be considered the most liberal and diverse, second to Denver itself. And some of the boy's school mates accused him of being racist! Can you imagine that?
He has to be a racist, he is not showing any RESPECT(lol) for BO

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:

I don't really desire respect. I simply take what comes my way, and have been blessed.

But you are correct. I will rephrase my JOKE if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBear

I am very impressed with the color coordination and correct spelling. He really did well.
To the matter at hand, any parent that puts that on a child should be charged with child abuse. Subjecting one's child of that age to the vitriolic attitudes, on either side of an election is despicable. That kind of shit really need to just stop.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
To the matter at hand, any parent that puts that on a child should be charged with child abuse. Subjecting one's child of that age to the vitriolic attitudes, on either side of an election is despicable. That kind of shit really need to just stop.

An early start is essential to the process of weeding out the free thinkers......

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

The Truth, maybe if you shared your knowledge and prove this as TRUTH as you post, then this election could be over in a matter of days and then Boss Hogg and Daisy Duke could take over running this country.............
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 82 300D VNT, 80 240D 3.0T
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
To the matter at hand, any parent that puts that on a child should be charged with child abuse. Subjecting one's child of that age to the vitriolic attitudes, of any religion is despicable. That kind of shit really need to just stop.

Political messages don't belong in school. On that grounds they had every right to make him change his shirt and possibly discipline him.
Even though his shirt was correct, school is NOT a place of/for free speech. Its a place to learn, not preach. They should leave that shit for BWOT.

Last edited by Zedd; 09-23-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in