Seems Bear is not the only one that needs the 12 car garage........... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Seems Bear is not the only one that needs the 12 car garage...........

Dems seize on McCain's 13 cars

Democrats are seizing on a report the McCains own at least 13 cars.

(CNN) — Democrats eager to portray John McCain as out of touch with average Americans and as a flip-flopper seized on a report Sunday the Arizona senator and his wife, Cindy, own more than a dozen cars — including several foreign-made automobiles.

A Newsweek article published on the magazine's Web Site Sunday said registration records show the McCains currently own 13 cars — two of which are foreign-made: a Honda and a Volkswagen. That appears to contradict the Republican presidential nominee's past statements he only buys cars made in America. (Cindy McCain also drives a Lexus and daughter Meghan owns a Toyota Prius, but neither are registered to the McCains.)

Newsweek also reported Barack Obama owns one car: a Ford Escape Hybrid.

In a quickly-arranged conference call organized by the Democratic National Committee, United Auto Worker Union President Ron Gettelfinger — an Obama supporter — said the registration records show McCain is not being truthful with Americans and undermining autoworkers.

Listen: Gettelfinger blasts McCain on conference call with reporters

"The last thing we need is a presidential candidate who undermines autoworkers, and these days it seems that John McCain is doing just exactly that," he said. "When he's in the Midwest, he tells voters he supports the industry, when he is in other states he brags about buying a foreign car, as he did with the Prius." (It is not clear if McCain or his daughter bought the Prius)

Gettelfinger also pointed to comments McCain made in an interview with Detroit TV station WXYZ, saying, "I've bought American literally all my life and I'm proud."

"That's really a nice campaign line," Gettelfinger said of the comments. "But it turns out that John McCain wasn't being straight with the people of Detroit, or the state of Michigan, or our country as a matter of effect," adding later, "The American auto industry and the American voters deserve a president who will be straight with them.”

For the record, Honda has four major automobile and engine plants in the United States employing more than 25,000 Americans, according to its Web site. Volkswagen is scheduled to open a plant in Tennessee in 2011 that is expected to employ 2,000 people, the AP reported in July.

Brian Rogers, a spokesman for McCain, said "Barack Obama is more interested in childish political attacks than confronting the reality that his plans to raise taxes and close off trade will kill our American auto industry and the jobs of hardworking folks in Michigan and all around our nation."

Rogers also said McCain was referring to his own car in the WXYZ interview: "He drives a Cadillac today and has always driven American cars," Rogers said.

Newsweek's report comes a month after McCain now-infamously could not name how many houses he owned in an interview with Politico. The publication later reported he owns at least eight properties.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Dems seize on McCain’s 13 cars - Blogs from CNN.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
This means we on this this forum are all undermining American auto workers. How about you sell those pos and get yourselves some Aleros?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
This means we on this this forum are all undermining American auto workers. How about you sell those pos and get yourselves some Aleros?

My Indonesian brother, Barack, has my back, he said he would cover my ass with the AAW...............
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
My Indonesian brother, Barack, has my back, he said he would cover my ass with the AAW...............
Will he be inviting you to the White House for a Muslim prayer?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Will he be inviting you to the White House for a Muslim prayer?

With all of my overseas travels and obvious diplomacy, he wants me to be his Secretary of State............
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 08:19 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You mean an older suscessful man from the US has more than 1 car and more than 1 property. Hurry dems get in there tax him a few more times, take half his cars and homes and give them to the poor!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanW203 View Post
You mean an older suscessful man from the US has more than 1 car and more than 1 property. Hurry dems get in there tax him a few more times, take half his cars and homes and give them to the poor!

Who said McCain was successful..............Jay is that you?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2008 C350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What multi millionaire doesn't have multiple cars and homes? They are trying to make him sound like a criminal for being rich.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlack72 View Post
What multi millionaire doesn't have multiple cars and homes? They are trying to make him sound like a criminal for being rich.

So McCain is one of the real people who knows how hard it is for the people in the lower and lowest income brackets. He knows how they have to eat potatoes instead of meat more often now?

He does not even know how many houses he currently has nor the brand of some of his 13 cars............but he's got his hand on the pulse of the nation?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Well, really, with EIGHT houses, he can spread 13 cars out and only need two car garages in any given one.

Now, wonder what kind of "Drift" car Cindy builds? Not many Domestic drifters around.

Oh, and due to zoning and the very annoying Kentucky Utilities, the final size is for FIVE on the pad or 7-8 if I get four post lifts. I am selling a few so that it maintains the FIVE car configuration so I can actually do WORK.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in