Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Why Jayhawk?

I do all my best thinking in the shower for some reason. Probably because my left brain is turned off, and I'm not trying. It just flows.

What crystalized this morning, was just how poisonous the mountain of divisive attitudes and language is to our nation.

And when I think of divisive, I think of Jayhawk.

He seems to serve no other purpose than to polarize people against themselves; to draw bold, broad, crevasse-deep lines that leave you no choice but to be on one side or the other of anything.

Here's what I see to be the problem with that.

When divisiveness takes root, a couple of evil things happen. First, people no longer think "What's the best we can do for the many?" - whether that be a country, a company, or a family.

Instead, they think in terms of two very different, very destructive questions. "What's the best *I* can do for *ME* / *MINE*?" - meaning the smaller group to which they've ascribed or been assigned; and "What can we do to screw the other guy?" - meaning everyone else.

I'm kind of a believer in "United we stand, divided we fall." I think this is why we fall when divided; nobody is paying attention to the bigger picture. The greater good. That which is bigger than themselves.

Things aren't done because they're the right thing to do, at least not on purpose or as a priority. That only happens when it's easy and obvious. Instead, lots of effort is wasted trying to make sure one side doesn't lose what they have, and simultaneously, trying to take some from the other side or find new and innovative ways of fucking them over.

The whole machine just grinds to a halt, spending whatever momentum it had cruising along, with nobody at the wheel. Does that analogy remind anyone of anything?

We're asking all the wrong questions. We're fighting and squabbling over things that, even if one side got their way, doesn't change jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody's lives improve at all if the fight over abortion, 2nd amendment rights, drug enforcement, etc. get resolved one way or the other.

The world doesn't become a better place if we get rid of all conservatives, or all liberals, or all libertarians, or all democrats, or all republicans.

Yet this is *exactly* the kind of shit we allow ourselves to fight over. And in my mind, the person who revels in this type of thing more than anyone I've ever known, is Jayhawk.

Yes, I've considered that everything he says about himself is a lie. That means he's a troll par excellence, and I recommend we engrave his name on the front page then ban him forever more. He's killing America.

Yes, I've considered that everything he says about himself is the truth. That means he's a demented, bored old son of a bitch who has nothing better to do with his education or wealth than to stir up shit on an internet forum. He's added no value, in any way shape or form, to the discourse here. He exists solely to antagonize; to lie; to instigate; to do all the things that, with different letters and words, others have been banned for. He's the guy in a tuxedo and crisp British accent who is telling you he hopes your baby gets eaten by a foreigner.

It's enough. It's not funny or entertaining anymore. It's cancerous. So is Hannity. So is O'Reilly. So is Carville. So are all of these assholes who indulge and encourage the debate over that which has no meaning, over that which does.

We get what we deserve though. Until we DEMAND, in STRONG terms and with real vigor, that the tone changes, it won't.

I challenge each of us to observe ourselves recently and in the future, and see if we're really helping - or if we too are actively/passively administering more of this poison killing our country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What part of your body were you washing when you thought about Jayhawk?
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Sounds like he has you right where he wants you.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm resisting the urge to make a similar comment as JE because you really seem to be having some sort of epiphany here. The thought I had was that Jayhawk does serve a purpose in that his words serve as a glaring, blinding reminder of the very evils you've come to realize and how a change in both thought and action is required. If he didn't repulse you to the extent he does, then would you have experienced this awakening?

IOW if we can see the cunts at work we can work against them. If we never see them how can we act?
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Sounds like he has you right where he wants you.
This is certainly a tangent of the "Everything he says about himself is true" line of thought, and serves as an even more repulsing reminder of just what a deranged and sick old man he is.
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I do all my best thinking in the shower for some reason. Probably because my left brain is turned off, and I'm not trying. It just flows.

What crystalized this morning, was just how poisonous the mountain of divisive attitudes and language is to our nation.

And when I think of divisive, I think of Jayhawk.

He seems to serve no other purpose than to polarize people against themselves; to draw bold, broad, crevasse-deep lines that leave you no choice but to be on one side or the other of anything.

Here's what I see to be the problem with that.

When divisiveness takes root, a couple of evil things happen. First, people no longer think "What's the best we can do for the many?" - whether that be a country, a company, or a family.

Instead, they think in terms of two very different, very destructive questions. "What's the best *I* can do for *ME* / *MINE*?" - meaning the smaller group to which they've ascribed or been assigned; and "What can we do to screw the other guy?" - meaning everyone else.

I'm kind of a believer in "United we stand, divided we fall." I think this is why we fall when divided; nobody is paying attention to the bigger picture. The greater good. That which is bigger than themselves.

Things aren't done because they're the right thing to do, at least not on purpose or as a priority. That only happens when it's easy and obvious. Instead, lots of effort is wasted trying to make sure one side doesn't lose what they have, and simultaneously, trying to take some from the other side or find new and innovative ways of fucking them over.

The whole machine just grinds to a halt, spending whatever momentum it had cruising along, with nobody at the wheel. Does that analogy remind anyone of anything?

We're asking all the wrong questions. We're fighting and squabbling over things that, even if one side got their way, doesn't change jack shit in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody's lives improve at all if the fight over abortion, 2nd amendment rights, drug enforcement, etc. get resolved one way or the other.

The world doesn't become a better place if we get rid of all conservatives, or all liberals, or all libertarians, or all democrats, or all republicans.

Yet this is *exactly* the kind of shit we allow ourselves to fight over. And in my mind, the person who revels in this type of thing more than anyone I've ever known, is Jayhawk.

Yes, I've considered that everything he says about himself is a lie. That means he's a troll par excellence, and I recommend we engrave his name on the front page then ban him forever more. He's killing America.

Yes, I've considered that everything he says about himself is the truth. That means he's a demented, bored old son of a bitch who has nothing better to do with his education or wealth than to stir up shit on an internet forum. He's added no value, in any way shape or form, to the discourse here. He exists solely to antagonize; to lie; to instigate; to do all the things that, with different letters and words, others have been banned for. He's the guy in a tuxedo and crisp British accent who is telling you he hopes your baby gets eaten by a foreigner.

It's enough. It's not funny or entertaining anymore. It's cancerous. So is Hannity. So is O'Reilly. So is Carville. So are all of these assholes who indulge and encourage the debate over that which has no meaning, over that which does.

We get what we deserve though. Until we DEMAND, in STRONG terms and with real vigor, that the tone changes, it won't.

I challenge each of us to observe ourselves recently and in the future, and see if we're really helping - or if we too are actively/passively administering more of this poison killing our country.
I dont believe you thought of all this whilst in the shower, it is cold and calculated, having said that, you do have a valid point.

Be it good or bad, people should show support for their own country. Especially in bad times and give some real answers instead or critisism.

PS which part were you washing when you thought of all this

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
I'm resisting the urge to make a similar comment as JE because you really seem to be having some sort of epiphany here. The thought I had was that Jayhawk does serve a purpose in that his words serve as a glaring, blinding reminder of the very evils you've come to realize and how a change in both thought and action is required. If he didn't repulse you to the extent he does, then would you have experienced this awakening?

IOW if we can see the cunts at work we can work against them. If we never see them how can we act?
My argument is that this is more of the same. If we're worried about how to work against them, we're NOT worrying about how to advance the nation and the interests of "we the people". I'm convinced, and I think it stands to both reason and scrutiny, that a given body cannot fight on both fronts at the same time. We're either worried about "tit for tat", or we're worried about how to become better as a whole.

I think they should be repulsed, not engaged. Engagement does them too much justice.
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
I dont believe you thought of all this whilst in the shower, it is cold and calculated, having said that, you do have a valid point.

Be it good or bad, people should show support for their own country. Especially in bad times and give some real answers instead or critisism.

PS which part were you washing when you thought of all this
Truth be told, it was just after finishing my shower. The gem that kind of woke me up was that divisiveness takes our eyes off the prize. Then, once awake, it struck me that Jayhawk is the most intentionally divisive individual perhaps since Rush Limbaugh.
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post

I disagree. Evil doesn't come packaged as a squawking little bird that is all but entirely incapable of engaging in civil discourse. Jayhawk is trivial, he is to be dismissed out of hand.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Truth be told, it was just after finishing my shower. The gem that kind of woke me up was that divisiveness takes our eyes off the prize. Then, once awake, it struck me that Jayhawk is the most intentionally divisive individual perhaps since Rush Limbaugh.
By nature of the beast.

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in