BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
You must suck at real estate investing.

My parents make 95% of their money through real estate. They buy houses at least once a month that are priced WAY below market value due to short sales or foreclosures. They then turn around and sell them for their MARKET price for a hefty profit.

Case in point, sale price is not equal to market price.

I actually used to have an Ohio real estate license. I didn't keep up with my continuing ed though. I didn't like dealing with people so much. My mom on the other hand loves it and she has been a successful realtor for over 15 years.
Ad hominum
Congrats... you just joined the Jrkpat/JH league.

What a wasted education and now you are freeloading off a partner. Good job.
BTW how did mummy get into the discussion ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Sigh.... in this example, the MARKET PRICE of the painting simply increased from $5 to $1M. MARKET PRICES can be volatile. The painting could well jump to a billion dollars and it's still an increase in MARKET PRICE.

So this example does not contradict my premise "The SALE price is the new MARKET price regardless of what VALUE the owner puts on it".
You just contradicted yourself in two short paragraphs. Cool.

Let's try another example.

If I come to SF and you have a car for sale for $10,000. All I have on me is a 16oz bar of Gold. [yes I know about troy oz]. Now you don't want gold, you want cash and I want the car. So I go and find a gold broker and quick sell the gold. If he has a bunch of gold on hand he might not be so interested in buying but, instead of todays $865 per oz, which has a MARKET VALUE of $13840, I offer to sell it to him for $12,000. He agrees. I buy your car, you are happy, I am happy, the gold dealer is happy. And one other thing. The MARKET VALUE of those 16oz of gold is still $865 per OZ. My single transaction did NOT affect the Market Price of that gold. Only if thousands of people had come in and sold gold at a discount would the Market Price be downwardly affected.

Whether you are talking about REAL ESTATE, Gold, Cars, Diamonds or any other item or commodity, a single transaction [SUCH AS THE INITIAL REASON FOR THIS CONVERSATION] does not redefine established Market Price guidelines.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #103 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Whether you are talking about REAL ESTATE, Gold, Cars, Diamonds or any other item or commodity, a single transaction [SUCH AS THE INITIAL REASON FOR THIS CONVERSATION] does not redefine established Market Price guidelines.
How about two transactions ? Three ? It's a slippery slope.

Yeah, it's just one transaction ,let's ignore it since the price is not what our arbitrary formulas predict.
post #104 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
How about two transactions ? Three ? It's a slippery slope.

Yeah, it's just one transaction ,let's ignore it since the price is not what our arbitrary formulas predict.
That is why we have trend analysis and aggregate indices such as Case-Shiller, to eliminate a wild duck from skewing markets. And a quick sell house for a large percentage under established market trends is considered a wild duck, much like a "need to sell" gold or stock transaction.

There is no slippery slope involved. Trend mathematics work very nicely in the business world. It is when folks like those on Wall Street try to GAME the system and hide assets or avoid regulation and legitimate assessments that the slippery slope begins.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #105 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
That is why we have trend analysis and aggregate indices such as Case-Shiller, to eliminate a wild duck from skewing markets. And a quick sell house for a large percentage under established market trends is considered a wild duck, much like a "need to sell" gold or stock transaction.
Case-Shiller is about historical prices not the current MARKET PRICE.

Quote:
There is no slippery slope involved. Trend mathematics work very nicely in the business world. It is when folks like those on Wall Street try to GAME the system and hide assets or avoid regulation and legitimate assessments that the slippery slope begins.

Ha Ha, if there is a trend and until the trend changes.

The Wall St folks overvalued their assets based on their fancy maths.
post #106 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: Mercedes free= stress free
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Answers

Mc Bear.. The Hog will never disappear we have just recieved two full squadrons (30 a piece) of the C model up grade, which adds a 2 Multi Function Color Displays and new hud and closer integration between the systems. Also the jet is now capable of carrying JDAMS, WCMDs, And eventually JASSM. The Small Diameter bomb and the AIM-9X will be integreted in 2012.

The 104th is here on a regular basis. Half of Arizona has been deemed to beautiful for human inhabitation so the Guard units for MD, MA, MI, and LA come out here to do the dirty work. The 104 has atleast 12-14 jets and they are now a full up C mod squadron.

ML...Fun? You are right, the house is worth what I paid for it. The point is 3 years ago someone was willing to pay 479k. Someone will be willling to pay more for it in 3 years. I don't care if in 3 years the house only sells for 350, I had a great place to live and made some money. Realistically the bottom in Southern AZ was a little bit ago and foothills homes don't stay on the market long, for some reason AZ is a real estate hot spot.

I wonder how many of Johnnys houses are Catalina . He probably dosen't remember.

Marsden.. I can not spell. I am ROTC educated.

2001 SAAB 9-3 SE w/ H.O.T
2010 Ford Edge SEL... I secretly love it.

Previous whips
2006 CLS500, 1988 300TE, 2003 HD VRSCA, 1995 C220, 1999 SLK230 Sport, 2003 E55 AMG, ,2001 Honda Shadow ACE 1100, 2001 M3 Cabrio, 1999 E55 AMG, 1992 500SL, 1997 E50 AMG W210, 1986 190E 2.3-16, 1990 230E W124, 1992 400E W124, 1993 190E 2.6, 1983 380SEC, 1997 325iAC, 1995 M3, 1988 325i Cabrio, 1979 320i E21
post #107 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^^^^^^^^^^^ YES SIR.
post #108 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 06:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Case-Shiller is about historical prices not the current MARKET PRICE.

Ha Ha, if there is a trend and until the trend changes.

The Wall St folks overvalued their assets based on their fancy maths.
No, Wall Street overvalued their assets based on greed and avarice. Math had very little to do with it.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #109 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy380SEC View Post
Mc Bear.. The Hog will never disappear we have just recieved two full squadrons (30 a piece) of the C model up grade, which adds a 2 Multi Function Color Displays and new hud and closer integration between the systems. Also the jet is now capable of carrying JDAMS, WCMDs, And eventually JASSM. The Small Diameter bomb and the AIM-9X will be integreted in 2012.

The 104th is here on a regular basis. Half of Arizona has been deemed to beautiful for human inhabitation so the Guard units for MD, MA, MI, and LA come out here to do the dirty work. The 104 has atleast 12-14 jets and they are now a full up C mod squadron.
I have not talked to anyone from the 104 since DS. Most, like me are retired now and in civies. I had not kept up with the warthog much as I did much of my time at Edwards and Wright Patt and working with the JSTARS platform once it deployed during DS. I retired in 1986 but was in ANG til after DS.

I was only at DM a couple of times [assuming that is where you are] but really liked the area. Been there afterwards to Kitt Peak for a couple of really good star parties a couple of years ago.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #110 of 130 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy380SEC View Post

Marsden.. I can not spell. I am ROTC educated.
Don't sweat it. I only correct people who correct other people
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in