McCain Claim He Never Sought Pork Barrel Funding for Arizona... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
BenzWorld Elitist
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I have lived near fat-stupid-rednecks for most of my life and frankly I doubt that they could ID a clue it it was the only thing in their world to view. I talked to my painters today while they ate lunch and one was bitching that Obama was going to raise taxes. I mentioned that, unless he made over $200,000 the odds were in favor that he would actually have less taxes. And then added that the Bush tax cuts mainly helped those who made ABOVE $200,000. Still not voting for Obama. He just was against taxes. Somehow I don't think he thought his position through.

This was a man who, in the best year of his life will not make over $30K in reportable income. Now I have this feeling that his "OTHER" income from agriculture might be a bit higher but NOT taxable nonetheless.
This Second Great Depression may do the trick. I'm really starting to feel McCain/Palin. I want some real disaster going on.

Someone asked me at dinner this evening, 'don't you think the past 4-5-6-7 years is obvious enough' and I said 'obviously not' in that the race is currently tied.

Barack's a far better candidate than Kerry was, but he's hardly run a stellar campaign it must be admitted. It's almost as if he's forgotten himself; that incandescent persona and impressive intellect which brought him this far in the first place. Too much Party stuff, focus groups, triangulation. We expect better.

But we could also do with something so bad it would cure this nation of Republicanism for a generation. McCain/Palin could be that. The sea change effected by FDR was enabled by the fact that he didn't take office until 1933. Not even the Jayhawks of the time were able to deny the disaster all around them. The stars didn't align the same way this time.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
That a scary scenario
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: