Palin Begins To Suffer From "Morning After" Syndrome With Conservatives - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Jesus was the ultimate terrorist-sympathizer. He'd be in Guantánamo getting water-boarded and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Jesus was the ultimate terrorist-sympathizer. He'd be in Guantánamo getting water-boarded and such.
He probably looked like them too
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
God-damned longhair hippie freak peacenik commie terrorist.

You know I think we may be in the 1960s again. Which is cool because the 60s had some great music.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
These people who are neo-conservative may not fit the definition of traditional conservative. But please don't call them Christofacists. They are more like Self-righteous-morality-facists. Christ would not want to be associated with them.
This is what we have been telling the big box church kiddies for years but they seem to think that Jesus would fly an F16 if given the opportunity and kick a-RAB ass. But you certainly got the "Self righteous morality fascists" right.

But since what THEY do is often in the name of Jesus, sorry, Christofascists is a pretty close description.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilld View Post
"If one of the NASCAR drivers was picked to drive Formula1, as a publicity stunt, and the best that could be said was that he didn't kill everyone, folks might be less than kind."

A few years back Jeff gordon drove Schumachers previous seasons Ferrari. After 10 laps he was lapping less than two seconds slower than Michael. There are F1 seated drivers that would be one second slower in the same car.
But you note that it was at Indy, and not in competition.

And it was Montoya's car.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: Mercedes free= stress free
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why america is becoming more and more secular

I dont understand Christianity anymore. Neo conservatives have hijacked christianity just as bad as islamic extremists have hijacked islam. The 'christians' seen these days have loose morals, phony facades and preach about their church and affiliations more than the word of God. Its more of an identity than a religion and more of a social networking meeting than a congregation of the faithful. I left 14 years ago, and never looked back. Neoconservatisim ruined my faith and millions of the younger generation like myself saw the dirty side of "The church" There are a group of churches in Tucson that are owned by a property management firm.. The main church (and i use that term loosely) pastor has the same surname as the property management firms owner hmmmmm. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone who considers a televangelist a pastor is not a christian. As a former (got 1 year into it before i was enlightened into the dirty dealings of my church) theology major I can attest half of these retards dont even know the bible. Apparently, you dont even have to have a degree in theology to be a pastor. Apparently anyone who says god bless and lets pray and has a likeable personality can be one. I know the bible, I know the Koran and religion today is a blatant perversion of the words contained in them to advance the agendas of the rich and powerful. Of course who is more powerful than God... No one and thats why the rich and powerful use God. You can rebell against a politician, but if gods on your side, who will rebel against God?

Don't get me wrong there are non profit ministries that do good in the world. but it seems the luster of a stadium with Joel Osteen is much greater than a true church.

2001 SAAB 9-3 SE w/ H.O.T
2010 Ford Edge SEL... I secretly love it.

Previous whips
2006 CLS500, 1988 300TE, 2003 HD VRSCA, 1995 C220, 1999 SLK230 Sport, 2003 E55 AMG, ,2001 Honda Shadow ACE 1100, 2001 M3 Cabrio, 1999 E55 AMG, 1992 500SL, 1997 E50 AMG W210, 1986 190E 2.3-16, 1990 230E W124, 1992 400E W124, 1993 190E 2.6, 1983 380SEC, 1997 325iAC, 1995 M3, 1988 325i Cabrio, 1979 320i E21
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
People don't give Nascar drivers the respect they deserve. While it may be boring to watch people turn left for 500 miles it does take skill. I feel the same way about golf. Boring to watch, surprisingly difficult and entertaining to play.
Don't get me wrong, I watch NASCAR, Formula1, CART [ChampCar], IRL, TransAm, CanAm, IMSA, GrandAm and MotoGP.

I also drove IMSA for one season back in the dark ages and drove SCCA Production B and Production E for 13 years. So I just like racing.

My point was that NASCAR drivers, while very good and very skilled at what they do would be out of their element being placed in Formula1. It is a totally different world.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 06:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
They wouldn't stone him, but he would be boo'd off stage in his own house!
Now THAT is a religion to be proud of.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
But you note that it was at Indy, and not in competition.

And it was Montoya's car.
His laps would have put him squarely in the top 10; only sat in the car for about 20 minutes altogether. It was impressive, I must say. Gordo's a real racer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in