McCain Says The Economy Is Doing GREAT - Do You Agree? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think that several governments WILL step in before that happens. It will depress the dollar further but that would be a small price to pay in the long run.

I do find a certain symmetry in requiring McCain/Palin to clean up Bush's shit. On the other hand, at some point adults will have to come in and clean up THEIR shit. The cycle has to stop sometime.
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!


Attention ALL: Please mark this post as it may be handy in the future after Obama wins and Jay starts his attacks on Obama and company due to the crumbling economy that will be inherited by whoever wins.........
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #53 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,124
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!
Are you making out in this market? Maybe you need to look for opportunities making some dough rather than defend your zeros, I mean your heroes.
Bush graduated with a MBA from Harvard, your school, yet both of you seem to be incapable at grasping reality. I am glad I didn't get my MBA from there after all
DP is offline  
post #54 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!
Is that right? Tell me about the end of the cold war and the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #55 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mzsmbs's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Location: on a high bank of a creek
Posts: 7,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!
so, is the economy sound or is it crumbling?

the prez may not have the power you say he doesn't but he sure has a lof of influence and shrubco has been an extremely negative influence on world's financials.

shrub is on the same world level as chaves and the iranina kook. any crazy crap coming out of the white house shakes up the financiers. shrubco is a loose cannon just like the other two.



in political asylum
mzsmbs is offline  
post #56 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Our economy is fundamentally sound! It is growing and it is resilient!! The financial sector is having some difficulty due to the housing and oil bubbles, but if all you Chicken Littles here would stop screaming "The Sky Is Falling!" long enough to look around at the overall economy you might see what I'm talking about. Oh, never mind... Kookbergers have a big blind spot when it comes to hating all Republicans and wishing for the US economy to fail so your left wing-nuts can get elected. Get over it!! The world is NOT coming to an end, and the Kookbergers will not get elected!!!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #57 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I know, it's only coming to an end if Obama gets in, right?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #58 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!
So, in your book, robber baron economy, the formation of monopolies and price fixing, stock market boom, great depression are all beyond the control of the US government.
mlfun is offline  
post #59 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What you and ol' Mars fail to recognize and/or acknowledge is that the bumps we are experiencing in the financial markets, and the economy in general, are sooo far beyond the control of any administration and/or Congress it is ridiculous to watch the two of you try to point the finger at the Bush administration because you hate it so much. World economies and financial systems are way beyond the control of any and/or all nations political systems. And for the two of you to sit around pontificating about the defects of any administration makes you both look silly to any thoughtful person reading your overworked sense of importance. Nothing personal. Just the facts as I see them!
Denial must be nice. Just keep on defending failed Bushie Economic Doctrine. But it is a nice new tact.

Now I suppose on another thread you are going to tout how McCain's Economic policies are going to FIX the ailing economy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #60 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Our economy is fundamentally sound! It is growing and it is resilient!! The financial sector is having some difficulty due to the housing and oil bubbles, but if all you Chicken Littles here would stop screaming "The Sky Is Falling!" long enough to look around at the overall economy you might see what I'm talking about. Oh, never mind... Kookbergers have a big blind spot when it comes to hating all Republicans and wishing for the US economy to fail so your left wing-nuts can get elected. Get over it!! The world is NOT coming to an end, and the Kookbergers will not get elected!!!
So, what sectors are "fundamentally sound"? Any numbers that show the GDP ahead of inflation or reduction of trade deficit trends or deficit spending?

I didn't think so.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    It's true the American Economy is doing great......... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 1 03-25-2008 10:30 AM
    ATTENTION: The reason why 1 of our posters still thinks the economy is doing great... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 0 03-14-2008 10:06 PM
    Do you agree...................... Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 0 01-16-2008 11:58 PM
    At least, or at last, one candidate we can all agree on: tcp_ML500 Off-Topic 9 06-21-2004 04:51 PM
    Agree or Disagree? s-l-k R170 SLK-Class 3 04-28-2004 06:58 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome