post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tits

Mothers milk is best for babies! hell just look at me, healthy well balanced no medical problems my entire life, the same for my little ones, nature knows better than we do on such matters.
Do you know were the milk power or drugs you use come from? .....check it's not China.

Chinese milk powder contaminated with melamine sickens 1,253 babies

Sanlu, China’s biggest milk powder manufacturer, sold contaminated milk after farmers laced their produce with industrial chemicals to increase its protein content
Jane Macartney and Sophie Yu, in Beijing
Chinese hospitals are fighting to save the lives of 1,253 babies who were sickened after being fed milk powder contaminated with an industrial chemical used to make cups and saucers.
Two infants have already died from drinking the formula laced with melamine in a ploy by farmers to boost the protein content of the milk they sold to one of the country’s biggest and best-known milk powder manufacturers. Police have arrested 19 people, including two brothers who ran a milk collection station.
But the scandal only came to light due to the intervention of Helen Clark, the Prime Minister of New Zealand, who had been informed by the New Zealand joint venture partner of the Chinese company of its failure to persuade the Chinese side to implement a full recall of the tainted product.
Ms Clark told TVNZ that food giant Fonterra had been trying for weeks to get its partner, Sanlu Group, to recall the milk powder. “The local authorities in China would not do it. I think the first inclination was to try and put a towel over it and deal with it without an official recall.” Fonterra holds a 43 per cent stake in Sanlu and could only follow Chinese rules in handling the incident.
Sanlu halted production last week after investigators found that the chemical compound melamine was causing kidney stones and other complications in infants.
The tiny sufferers are victims of a combination of China's newly-found capitalism and the Beijing regime's tendency towards secrecy: just a few years ago 13 babies died after they were fed a sub-standard fake formula marketed under the Sanlu brand. It is thought that Beijing’s determination to stage a perfect Olympic Games may have delayed the revelation of the latest food scandal.
State-run media reported on September 10 that babies had fallen ill after drinking the formula. The next day Sanlu issued a recall of products made before August 6. China had issued a list of 21 topics banned from the media during the Olympics — eighth on the list was coverage of food-safety scandals.
Liu Changjiang, minister of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, did not mince words. He said at the weekend: “It’s shocking. It’s a crime against the people.”
Mr Sun, a lawyer, is one of those people. His 11-month-old son has been fed Sanlu milk powder since he was two days old and his mother’s breast milk was insufficient. His nanny had repeatedly told his parents that he had difficulty urinating. He told The Times: “We told her to give him more water. Who would ever think of the milk powder? It’s just kind of impossible.” Now the baby boy is in hospital. “I am a man and I deal with this kind of thing better. But I am worried about my wife because she is tortured. She cries all day. We both regret not paying more attention to our son or we might have identified the problem earlier.
“I hope the investigation will conclude with a way to prevent such things from happening again.”
But, by this morning, 1,253 children had been diagnosed with illnesses linked to the powder, with 340 still in hospital and 53 in relatively serious condition.
Two brothers, surnamed Geng, have been arrested at their milk collecting station. From late last year they added melamine to three tonnes of milk they sold on from farmers every day. State media said: “Geng did so because he suffered losses after milk from his station had been rejected several times by Sanlu Group.
Times UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
"Mothers milk is best for babies! hell just look at me, healthy well balanced no medical problems my entire life..."

OK,but you have to give it up at some point.

YouTube - Little Britain - Bitty

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
nom nom nom
Attached Images

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Saw that bitty sketch last year on a Little Britain rerun; it was hysterical.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
well balanced

in political asylum
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
"Mothers milk is best for babies! hell just look at me, healthy well balanced no medical problems my entire life..."

OK,but you have to give it up at some point.

YouTube - Little Britain - Bitty
sucker
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
Coming from a budgie that's thinks having one of these hanging off every serotonin receptor is going to help his judgement is just taking the piss.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in