Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94 View Post
I would say a majority of people don't know what the Doctrine is either. ON talk radio this morning they were talking about how she should have just said she is not familiar with it instead of stammering around, however the republican host side didn't know it either. BFD.
Seriously; a MAJORITY of people aren't running for surrogate President of the United States of America....forgive ME if I want to hold people who DO to a standard a bit above that which the MAJORITY can clear, for fuck's sake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think I found the problem

YouTube - "Still" Ad
It's about time someone rang the damned bell.
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was impressed w/ Palin before the Gibson, semi-sexist, "pop quiz," and am even more impressed now that I've heard her answers and seen how she reacts under pressure. And as for the so called "Bush Doctrine," I doubt that one person in a thousand--outside the beltway and blogosphere--had ever heard of it before last night. In fact, I'd bet some serious money that the vast majority of pseudo-intellectuals on this august board could have defined it yesterday. I hear Wikipedia damn near crashed after the pop quiz. The libs here are a lot of fun to watch as Gov. Palin twists the knife...

I don't recall any so called journalist ever looking Obambi in the eyes and asking him if he had the experience to be President. And when he has claimed to be ready, I've heard no one accuse him of "hubris."

And in your rush to bash the good Governor, you all neglect one very important fact: that she has little or no reason to know or care about President Bush's doctrines. She is running for a McCain presidency and administration. And one of the things I like best about her is that she knows, and does, what she has to, to be the best governor of Alaska. And living up there makes her an even more attractive candidate for national office because she isn't immersed in the beltway BS! It is a breath of fresh air, to say the least!

Don't believe everything you think
post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Palin: average isn't good enough
She's not qualified to be president, and in picking her, McCain shows that he has little respect for the presidency.
By Sam Harris
September 3, 2008
L.A. Times

So let us ask the question that should be on the mind of every thinking person in the world at this moment: If John McCain becomes the 44th president of the United States, what are the odds that a blood clot or falling object will make Sarah Palin the 45th?

The actuarial tables on the Social Security Administration website suggest that there is a better than 10% chance that McCain will die during his first term in office. Needless to say, the Reaper's scything only grows more insistent thereafter. Should President McCain survive his first term and get elected to a second, there is a 27% chance that Palin will become the first female U.S. president by 2015. If we take into account McCain's medical history and the pressures of the presidency, the odds probably increase considerably that this bright-eyed Alaskan will become the most powerful woman in history.

As many people have noted, placing Palin on the ticket has made these final months of the already overlong 2008 campaign much more interesting. Is Palin remotely qualified to be president of the United States? No. But that's precisely what is so interesting. McCain not only has thrown all sensible concerns about good governance aside merely to pander to a sliver of female and masses of conservative Christian voters, he has turned this period of American history into an episode of high-stakes reality television: Don't look now, but our cousin Sarah just became leader of the free world! Tune in next week and watch her get sassy with Pakistan!

Americans have an unhealthy desire to see average people promoted to positions of great authority. No one wants an average neurosurgeon or even an average carpenter, but when it comes time to vest a man or woman with more power and responsibility than any person has held in human history, Americans say they want a regular guy, someone just like themselves. President Bush kept his edge on the "Who would you like to have a beer with?" poll question in 2004, and won reelection.

This is one of the many points at which narcissism becomes indistinguishable from masochism. Let me put it plainly: If you want someone just like you to be president of the United States, or even vice president, you deserve whatever dysfunctional society you get. You deserve to be poor, to see the environment despoiled, to watch your children receive a fourth-rate education and to suffer as this country wages -- and loses -- both necessary and unnecessary wars.

McCain has so little respect for the presidency of the United States that he is willing to put the girl next door (soon, too, to be a grandma) into office beside him. He has so little respect for the average American voter that he thinks this reckless and cynical ploy will work.

And it might. Palin's nomination has clearly excited Christian conservatives, and it may entice a few million gender-obsessed fans of Hillary Clinton to vote entirely on the basis of chromosomes. Throw in a few million more average Americans who will just love how the nice lady smiles, and 2009 could be a very interesting year.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Any article on "inexperience" that doesn't even mention Obambi is suspect, to say the least! The only question that scares me more than the one lefty Sam Harris asks is "What the hell will happen to America if Obambi ever gets elected to the top office?" God help us all!!

post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 00 ML430 05 ML500
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Any article on "inexperience" that doesn't even mention Obambi is suspect, to say the least! The only question that scares me more than the one lefty Sam Harris asks is "What the hell will happen to America if Obambi ever gets elected to the top office?" God help us all!!
Amen !

God help us !!! I`m sorry did I mention God. I am a independent voter hoping to see Obama face off with Mcain in Town Hall Meetings. He has been invited ten times by the Mcain camp and he just refuses to that challenge. That alone tells me that he has to many things to hide and does not have the balls it takes to be President. He would probably attend and just say present!!!!!!!

2005 ML500
2000 ML430
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:05 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML430ROCKS View Post
Amen !

God help us !!! I`m sorry did I mention God. I am a independent voter hoping to see Obama face off with Mcain in Town Hall Meetings. He has been invited ten times by the Mcain camp and he just refuses to that challenge. That alone tells me that he has to many things to hide and does not have the balls it takes to be President. He would probably attend and just say present!!!!!!!
You mean KKK jamborees?
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Amen !

Amen!!!

post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I was impressed w/ Palin before the Gibson, semi-sexist, "pop quiz," and am even more impressed now that I've heard her answers and seen how she reacts under pressure. And as for the so called "Bush Doctrine," I doubt that one person in a thousand--outside the beltway and blogosphere--had ever heard of it before last night. In fact, I'd bet some serious money that the vast majority of pseudo-intellectuals on this august board could have defined it yesterday. I hear Wikipedia damn near crashed after the pop quiz. The libs here are a lot of fun to watch as Gov. Palin twists the knife...

I don't recall any so called journalist ever looking Obambi in the eyes and asking him if he had the experience to be President. And when he has claimed to be ready, I've heard no one accuse him of "hubris."

And in your rush to bash the good Governor, you all neglect one very important fact: that she has little or no reason to know or care about President Bush's doctrines. She is running for a McCain presidency and administration. And one of the things I like best about her is that she knows, and does, what she has to, to be the best governor of Alaska. And living up there makes her an even more attractive candidate for national office because she isn't immersed in the beltway BS! It is a breath of fresh air, to say the least!
Um, Jay, you can't be that dumb Jay. Jay,since McCain is running ON the Bush Doctrine as part of his platform, Jay, she has EVERY reason to know and understand it. Tell me Jay, do YOU understand it and why it was important for her to understand the answers.

She stumbled across that answer like an undergrad trying to BS a prof when she didn't have a clue. Reason being, she didn't have a clue.

This defense of ignorance and inexperience is actually very scary. I honestly can't believe a rational person can take that path.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Amen !

It tells us that Town Hall debates have never been the best way to get the best, most specific answers from candidates. It allows them to waffle too much. It is why McCain is pleading for Town Hall style debates.

Do you wonder why McCain doesn't just want to go One on One in a traditional style debate with moderator? Even Republican picked Charlie Gibson.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in