We're the Reform Candidates! (Palin finally speaks) - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
So, you are being stereotypical now. If someone enjoys watching a vocal competition they must be dumb. Neat. Is everyone in KY inbred?
Technically, if one were to believe in the bible, EVERYONE is inbred.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
OH, you spelled it wrong. I didn't know what you were talking about. Now I remember the SNL skit. There's an R in there you missed old man.
It's spelled correctly.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #83 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Agreed

I believe in the Bible. It's hard not to since it's right there in front of me. Now whether I find it's translations, canonization and interpretations infallible is another story.
post #84 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Haddixracing

Quote:
It's spelled correctly.
No it isn't you spelled it Stategery it is StRategery.
post #85 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Agreed

I believe in the Bible. It's hard not to since it's right there in front of me. Now whether I find it's translations, canonization and interpretations infallible is another story.
That is where I have the problem. How can someone say they believe it but caveat the infallibility issue with it is or is not convenient. Sometimes it is inerrant and sometimes allegorical according to if the explanation is plausible.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #86 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
No it isn't you spelled it Stategery it is StRategery.
I just refreshed my screen and am looking at all three big red versions of it. I spelled it from the poster which I have a copy of above my monitor.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #87 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Haddixracing

Quote:
That is where I have the problem. How can someone say they believe it but caveat the infallibility issue with it is or is not convenient. Sometimes it is inerrant and sometimes allegorical according to if the explanation is plausible.
Yep. That's why I don't go to church anymore. The Bible has been bent to the will of the people that want to profess to be Christians instead of the other way around. Much like the way the Supreme Court has distorted our Constitution over the years.

My problem with the Bible that everyone uses today is that it left out so many texts that were supposedly written around the same time as the texts included. Constantine decided that in order to unite his Kingdom he needed a certain "type" of Christianity. Basically the Bible we read today and the Christianity we profess is actually Constantine's religion, not Jesus'. Why do people have such a problem with Jesus possibly being married? Would that make him any less of a savior or miracle worker? Marriage is a holy union. Why does it scare the "Christians" so much when people bring up the prospect at all?

All I can tell you is that I have a personal relationship with the Father through the Son and he has guided me well in my life. I have never personally witnessed any miracles. The only one I even know of occurring close to me is that my mother had me in the first place, she was told by doctors to be unable to have children. This simply could have been a mistake on their part however so I don't count it to be a miracle. I am just glad to be here.

Whether or not the Bible is true isn't what drives me to my typical Christian morality. I just know that it feels good and right to behave the way I do and so far I have been rewarded greatly in life for it.
post #88 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 02:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Yep. That's why I don't go to church anymore. The Bible has been bent to the will of the people that want to profess to be Christians instead of the other way around. Much like the way the Supreme Court has distorted our Constitution over the years.

My problem with the Bible that everyone uses today is that it left out so many texts that were supposedly written around the same time as the texts included. Constantine decided that in order to unite his Kingdom he needed a certain "type" of Christianity. Basically the Bible we read today and the Christianity we profess is actually Constantine's religion, not Jesus'. Why do people have such a problem with Jesus possibly being married? Would that make him any less of a savior or miracle worker? Marriage is a holy union. Why does it scare the "Christians" so much when people bring up the prospect at all?

All I can tell you is that I have a personal relationship with the Father through the Son and he has guided me well in my life. I have never personally witnessed any miracles. The only one I even know of occurring close to me is that my mother had me in the first place, she was told by doctors to be unable to have children. This simply could have been a mistake on their part however so I don't count it to be a miracle. I am just glad to be here.

Whether or not the Bible is true isn't what drives me to my typical Christian morality. I just know that it feels good and right to behave the way I do and so far I have been rewarded greatly in life for it.
Now THAT is a decent explanation. I like that.

If you do a search a few weeks back or so you will find a very similar commentary on why KJB is a very good book of morals and lessons but not so good for inerrancy, history or science.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #89 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Show of hands for everyone who can't remember how old they are? J, you and bottom1 are excluded due to age related memory issues [CSR]
How old is John McCain? How many houses does Haddixracing own?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #90 of 92 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 08:18 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Told you so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in