BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Oh goodness, a "tongues" person...
Maybe this explains the appeal of Palin? I never made the connection.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Haddixracing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Maybe this explains the appeal of Palin? I never made the connection.
I am voting for Palin because she is HOT. Every other issue is pointless. The only thing that matters is that I will see her on TV and not Obama's big floppy ears along side Biden.

I have only lived through a few Presidents. One thing I have seen with Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush is that it doesn't matter who is in office. Life remains the same in my little world.
post #63 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Lipstick does not help.
post #64 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Palin = VPILF

mcbear what does Floyd Turbo have to do with anything?

World wants Obama. World always complains about the U.S. and our empire building. U.S. foreign policy and private U.S. citizens give more aid to countries than any other countries combined.

I say we vote McCain/Palin in. Continue pissing off the world, and stop giving so much money to people who hate us. That way we can spend the money on things that are actually supposed to have money spent on them under the constitution (by the way education is not one of those things) and not have to worry about silly things like Social Security being solvent, or the Chinese owning the vast majority of out debt.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #65 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Palin = VPILF

World wants Obama. World always complains about the U.S. and our empire building. U.S. foreign policy and private U.S. citizens give more aid to countries than any other countries combined.

I say we vote McCain/Palin in. Continue pissing off the world, and stop giving so much money to people who hate us. That way we can spend the money on things that are actually supposed to have money spent on them under the constitution (by the way education is not one of those things) and not have to worry about silly things like Social Security being solvent, or the Chinese owning the vast majority of out debt.
Let's cut to the chase and make sure we create a society that caters to the rich. Let's make sure that education is for the few, the well heeled and the chosen ones. Let's make sure that we cut ties with the rest of the world and live our dream the way it ought to be by consuming and eating up resources like there is no tomorrow and if any country objects we will simply erase it from the map. Let's make sure that we are feared for our "powers" and let's enforce a military lifestyle on everyone so we can preserve the freedoms of the rich that give us our bread and allow us to have some sort of a life as long as it's better than say Mexico or something like that.
post #66 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
"Let's cut to the chase and make sure we create a society that caters to the rich."

What is wrong with being rich? Nobody caters to them except the people you elect. I never got a job from a poor person.

"Let's make sure that education is for the few, the well heeled and the chosen ones."

Public education is for everyone. Nobody has ever said different. I just do not want my income to be confiscated and spent on communities that I have no connection to.

"Let's make sure that we cut ties with the rest of the world and live our dream the way it ought to be by consuming and eating up resources like there is no tomorrow and if any country objects we will simply erase it from the map."

Finally someone who makes sense! But wait a minute, don't we pay for all of this? Aren't we paying someone for these resources? Oh that's right, the answer is yes! Nobody has to sell anything to us. It is their choice. And what country has objected to that, that we have we wiped off the map?

"Let's make sure that we are feared for our "powers" and let's enforce a military lifestyle on everyone so we can preserve the freedoms of the rich that give us our bread and allow us to have some sort of a life as long as it's better than say Mexico or something like that."

Military lifestyle? Have you lived in a country that does not allow free travel between cities? Have you lived in a country that allows its police officers to stop people with no reason? Have you ever lived in the military? The rich don't give us anything the last time I checked. All the bread in my kitchen is bought at the market.

I do not expect answers to the questions as most people who spout such pablum only react on the emotional level as opposed to responding with rational and logical reasons. If you chose to answer those questions I would love to hear the reasoning behind it. I have the duct tape ready so I can keep my head from exploding!

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #67 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2003 ML500 aka BULLET
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
"Let's cut to the chase and make sure we create a society that caters to the rich."

What is wrong with being rich? Nobody caters to them except the people you elect. I never got a job from a poor person.

"Let's make sure that education is for the few, the well heeled and the chosen ones."

Public education is for everyone. Nobody has ever said different. I just do not want my income to be confiscated and spent on communities that I have no connection to.

"Let's make sure that we cut ties with the rest of the world and live our dream the way it ought to be by consuming and eating up resources like there is no tomorrow and if any country objects we will simply erase it from the map."

Finally someone who makes sense! But wait a minute, don't we pay for all of this? Aren't we paying someone for these resources? Oh that's right, the answer is yes! Nobody has to sell anything to us. It is their choice. And what country has objected to that, that we have we wiped off the map?

"Let's make sure that we are feared for our "powers" and let's enforce a military lifestyle on everyone so we can preserve the freedoms of the rich that give us our bread and allow us to have some sort of a life as long as it's better than say Mexico or something like that."

Military lifestyle? Have you lived in a country that does not allow free travel between cities? Have you lived in a country that allows its police officers to stop people with no reason? Have you ever lived in the military? The rich don't give us anything the last time I checked. All the bread in my kitchen is bought at the market.

I do not expect answers to the questions as most people who spout such pablum only react on the emotional level as opposed to responding with rational and logical reasons. If you chose to answer those questions I would love to hear the reasoning behind it. I have the duct tape ready so I can keep my head from exploding!

I agree,Amen brother!
post #68 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 10:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddixracing View Post
I am voting for Palin because she is HOT. Every other issue is pointless. The only thing that matters is that I will see her on TV and not Obama's big floppy ears along side Biden.

I have only lived through a few Presidents. One thing I have seen with Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush is that it doesn't matter who is in office. Life remains the same in my little world.
I've heard of people putting a lot of things before their country, but you are the first one who I've heard of who puts his cock first. You could be literally sitting on a gold mine. May I purpose a joint venture with Feel the Love Enterprises? I envison a "Cock Before Country!" bumpersticker, with Palin's ass sticking in the air in some sort of silouette, that we can sell for two dollar's each at former yellow-ribbon outlets. It's your demographic, so I'll cut you in.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 09-10-2008 at 10:47 AM.
post #69 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Palin = VPILF

The Constitution says that the duty of Congress is to provide for the general welfare, in fact it is that clause from where we get the term "welfare". I would say education falls under that heading, I as a business man benefit from an educated populace, and the welfare of families and their children benefit form it as well. I think guys like you keep looking for the "self-centered asshole" clause, and just can't seem to find it. Vote for the Palin\Rove ticket, you deserve it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #70 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Palin = VPILF

If you don't know, I really can't explain it.

Quote:
So do you assume that the student in Macon is always going to live in Macon? Might they not move to Atlanta and impact your life? Would you not want them to have basic skills and knowledge? What about that student from Montana that transfers to Atlanta. Would you want him or her to have substandard skills when they are working on your car or gas line or electricity. Education is suppose to teach CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. This country needs the best skillset as possible. Nothing about education is local. You have a direct connection with every student that goes to school in this country.

I do not expect answers to the questions as most people who spout such pablum only react on the emotional level as opposed to responding with rational and logical reasons. If you chose to answer those questions I would love to hear the reasoning behind it. I have the duct tape ready so I can keep my head from exploding![/QUOTE]You might want to buy more duct tape. Your head is in danger.

You don't have an understanding of global resources and resource management. Get some facts before spouting your skewed supply and demand argument. It has holes.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in