Obama's verbal slip fuels his critics: 'My Muslim faith'... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
It makes me wonder if McCain and Palin where democrats what type of dirt Jawhawk would would post and how much would he stand by his posting. Jay in the fairness of Fox news, please be balanced and post three threads about John McCain in which you can defend with all your heart that he has done wrong. Post something that you cold heartedly don't agree with. Post something about Palin which you find her unfit for the seat. I'd applaud a person who has a balanced form of thinking and who is not always one sided like a sticker.
Political party has absolutely nothing to do w/ what I think or say! And if you really want examples of my fair and balanced approach to everything, you just need to read more of my posts. I do not like John McCain and have said so many times. I just like Obambi a whole lot less as a prospective POTUS!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Political party has absolutely nothing to do w/ what I think or say! And if you really want examples of my fair and balanced approach to everything, you just need to read more of my posts. I do not like John McCain and have said so many times. I just like Obambi a whole lot less as a prospective POTUS!

But do you get an erection when you think of Romney and Palin in the same room?
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
fair enough

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Suppose he was Muslim, should that disqualify him from being President of the United States of America?
In and of itself - absolutely not. But Obamba has repeatedly stated that he is Christian, not Muslim. If the slip-up could be considered true, that would indicate blatant lying.

However, his explanation is reasonable under the circumstances. More likely he was referring to Islam as part of his heritage.

'08 C300 Sport/Barolo Red/Gray-Black Leather/6 SP/AMG Wheels/iPod/P2/MultiMedia/Tele Aid
'09 Pasion Coupe/Gray Metallic/Black Tridion/Comfort Package/Solid Roof/Premium Sound/Fog Lights/Clock-Tach/Anti-Theft/Navigation/Bluetooth
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
"Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time." -- Sen. Obama

You people are effing idiots for trying to make hay out of this. It's right up there with the doodaa who filed suit over Obama's citizenship.

BTW, Wright or Hagee? You decide.
IMO the only time religion has any relevance to a political campaign is when some religion is running on a platform of shoving their religious beliefs down our throats thru the legislative process. I have yet to hear of Obama demanding Sharia be legislated so that we may all stone homosexuals and behead infidels beginning on Jan 20, 2009.

I have had a lifetime, however, of fascist cunts like Hagee attempting to do exactly that - attempt by law to force my children to perform their religious chants, freako "Commandants" and other religious gibberish in the courts and public schools, legislate legal discrimination against homosexuals, legislate forcing women to choose to bear children they do not want or getting a coathanger abortion, and if you go far enough back in my life, legislate prohibiting blacks marrying whites, and now we have some Creationist nut running for VP that wants to give the creation myth of her particular religious fantasy side-by-side teaching as an alternative to actual science. Hell, if you ask me, I'd take a closet Muslim, or a closet any body, who keeps their horseshit to themselves for self-consumption, over these fucking religous fanatics the Republicans have become. I have a hard time seeing a difference between our own home grown right wing nuts or an Islamist. The only difference between Timothy McVeigh and Bin Laden is McVeigh couldn't figure out how to fly a plane.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 09-08-2008 at 12:55 PM.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark08859 View Post
In and of itself - absolutely not. But Obamba has repeatedly stated that he is Christian, not Muslim. If the slip-up could be considered true, that would indicate blatant lying.

However, his explanation is reasonable under the circumstances. More likely he was referring to Islam as part of his heritage.
And the blatant lying by the republican party for over the past 8 years of which has cost American lives, over spending, lost of trust in government deserves no speaking off. Sorry because I am clear NOW on the fact that a mans religion is in America is of greater substance then the lives lost.................. GOD BLESS AMERICA

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark08859 View Post

THERE IS NO FUCKING SLIP UP. JUST A PURPOSEFUL MISQUOTING OF OBAMA'S INTENT BY PEOPLE HOPING TO INSPIRE OTHERS TO HAVE A KNEE JERK, RACIST, REACTION.

I think GS tried to inspire a few of you to read the actual misquoted text. Yet you refuse and show your racist colors instead. To show your lazy racists asses just how lazy and racist you are, I have copied and inserted the text here, with bold letters showing where the misquoted words are - even the douche bag Stephenopoulos interviewing him mistook his wording suggesting it should be corrected:

The exchange came after Mr. Obama said that Republicans are attempting to scare voters by suggesting he is not Christian, which McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said was "cynical."

Asked about it on ABC, Mr. Obama said, "These guys love to throw a rock and hide their hand."

"The McCain campaign has never suggested you have Muslim connections," said Mr. Stephanopoulos, who repeatedly interrupted Mr. Obama during the interview.

"I don't think that when you look at what is being promulgated on Fox News, let's say, and Republican commentators who are closely allied to these folks," Mr Obama responded, and Mr. Stephanopoulos interrupted: "But John McCain said that's wrong."

Mr. Obama noted that when Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin "was forced" to talk about her pregnant 17-year-old daughter, he issued a forceful statement to reporters that the line of inquiry was "off limits." But he said the McCain campaign tried to tie him to "liberal blogs that support Obama" and are "attacking Governor Palin."

"Let's not play games," he said. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

Mr. Stephanopoulos interrupted with, "Christian faith."

"My Christian faith," Mr. Obama said quickly. "Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time."

The context is clear. If this were a written account and not a transcript, the author would have used quotation marks around the key phrase, like this:

"Let's not play games," he said. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about "my Muslim faith." And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

But for Jaybaugh to include this pointless shit without reading the quote and understanding how out of context the claim he makes is, is just an affirmation of what a bag of racist shit he actually is. Jim
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:47 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Why did you have to spoil it? The bullshit had them going and it was fun watching them making facts out of turd but the discussion had some real insights. For instance any presidential candidacy must be foremost vetted as pro Israeli before it's vetted based on the interests of Americans. This is simply undeniable
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Anti-semite.

Oh, and from what I can gather by reading Jim's post, a big old Fuck Jayhawk is in order.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Suppose he was Muslim, should that disqualify him from being President of the United States of America?
Yes, it absolutely should!. We are hated by the most fanatical religion of all and you think its ok to be led by one?. Are the Muslims wrong for hating us? Probably not but they do and to put one as the leader of America..............holy shit!.

Now, I think religion is for complete fucking idiots and that applies to ANY religion but it is volatile for all the dumb fucks that believe in it. Muslims are very radical, Obama's family IS Muslim. His father was Muslim, his stepfather was Muslim and he was born Muslim. If it smells like shit and looks like shit......it probably is shit.

2005 Dodge RAM Daytona, Vortech Supercharged 11 sec '04 Mach 1 Mustang, 1999 Mustang Cobra convertible, 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in