post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
McCain's Campaign This Morning

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I turned on the TV. I didn't check to see what channel it was on, but they where interviewing some guy with glasses of whom works on the McCain campaign.

I was very disturbed with how he answered several important questions.

The guy could not give a clear answer to the Interviewer on issues such as

Why hasn't Palin did a personal interview? His answer is when we "The campaign" feels she's ready. The media isn't giving her a fair chance, yet 5 minutes earlier in the interview he praised that station on a piece they did about her.

How come McCains plan on health care, and social security reflects that of Bush's so in a sense he's not going to change anything.

The guy: Well the plans may be the same, but the approach is different and thats how we plan on getting it done.

Sorry guys, and ladies reading this, I was in a rush to get to work and didn't take much notice to who this guy was but did anybody watch that this morning.

If so, did it not scare the shit out of you that all the questions where ignored and this guy stuck to a weak script, and that the host got mad and told the guy to stop talking when he tried to answer hard core questions with redirect.

I wish I had finish watching but I needed to be out the door. Help me out on this one.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 02:04 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
You got it: McCain(2008) = Bush.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
As I was getting ready for work this morning, I turned on the TV. I didn't check to see what channel it was on, but they where interviewing some guy with glasses of whom works on the McCain campaign.

Why hasn't Palin did a personal interview? His answer is when we "The campaign" feels she's ready. The media isn't giving her a fair chance, yet 5 minutes earlier in the interview he praised that station on a piece they did about her.

How come McCains plan on health care, and social security reflects that of Bush's so in a sense he's not going to change anything.

The guy: Well the plans may be the same, but the approach is different and thats how we plan on getting it done.

Sorry guys, and ladies reading this, I was in a rush to get to work and didn't take much notice to who this guy was but did anybody watch that this morning.

If so, did it not scare the shit out of you that all the questions where ignored and this guy stuck to a weak script, and that the host got mad and told the guy to stop talking when he tried to answer hard core questions with redirect.

I wish I had finish watching but I needed to be out the door. Help me out on this one.
Likely that the campaign staff were making rounds of the Sunday morning political shows.

I watched Mike Wallace on Fox interview both David Axelrod for Obama and Rick Davis for McCain.

The answer to why no interviews for Palin was the same from Davis as you stated. Because of the hostility from the media this past week, they will time her interviews to give her a fair chance. The campaign ascribes that hostility to the media's being pissed that they had no advance opportunity to vet Palin themselves. To me that seems a reasonable assessment because of the MSM's biased efforts to make Obama look good. Consider that BHO has been on the Oprah show twice, but Oprah won't have Palin until after the election--not just limited to the MSM bias, you see.

In the Palin video, shown on Greta's show Saturday night, most of the footage was done since her name was mentioned as a potential candidate early this year. In some of it, she was still carrying her new baby, Trig. Since it also had clips of her convention speech interspersed, the film had obviously just been finished.

BTW: McCain's healthcare plan includes eliminating the employer health care deduction and granting a refundable tax credit to individuals. How is that in anyway similar to the current system which has been in effect since WWII?

They quoted BHO himself defending his executive experience "Wasilla, AK has about 50 employees, we have 2500 in our campaign". How much credit does he get by comparing his campaign to a small town? And he avoided the fact that Palin is a governor of an entire state that is 250 times the size of Delaware and has 24000 state employees.

But it is the silly season

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton

Last edited by bottomline1; 09-07-2008 at 06:42 PM.
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post

I want to separately address your comment about McCain's plan for Social Security being the same as Bush's.

This issue is not as much about substance as it is about the political will to change it.

We can all agree that the system will go broke at some point; the dispute is over when, not whether. The minimal-change solutions involve lengthening the retirement age, raising the FICA taxes or reducing benefits. A more strenuous change would be to privatize part or all of the system for new enrollees, which was the President's proposal, and which went nowhere.

This problem gets bogged down in our views about the role of government. As a Republican, my belief is that retirement is the reponsibility of the individual to provide for himself as best he can, using all the opportunities, benefits and resources available during his working life. Government can and should help those who are unable to assist themselves. But the SS system is set up to tax everyone with only minimal benefits to everyone. In other words it depends on a very broad tax base and spreads the money so thinly that those who really need the assistance don't get it sufficiently.

You can look up the candidates' proposals,but pay attention to BHO's tax solution for SS. He will raise the ceiling on the income used to calculate the FICA tax. That will tax middle income families, won't increase benefits to anyone, it will just prolong the time until the system ultimately fails? Is that real change you can believe in?

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
and she has foreign policy experience via osmosis.

in political asylum
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Likely that the campaign staff were making rounds of the Sunday morning political shows.

I watched Mike Wallace on Fox interview both David Axelrod for Obama and Rick Davis for McCain.

The answer to why no interviews for Palin was the same from Davis as you stated. Because of the hostility from the media this past week, they will time her interviews to give her a fair chance. The campaign ascribes that hostility to the media's being pissed that they had no advance opportunity to vet Palin themselves. To me that seems a reasonable assessment because of the MSM's biased efforts to make Obama look good. Consider that BHO has been on the Oprah show twice, but Oprah won't have Palin until after the election--not just limited to the MSM bias, you see.

In the Palin video, shown on Greta's show Saturday night, most of the footage was done since her name was mentioned as a potential candidate early this year. In some of it, she was still carrying her new baby, Trig. Since it also had clips of her convention speech interspersed, the film had obviously just been finished.

BTW: McCain's healthcare plan includes eliminating the employer health care deduction and granting a refundable tax credit to individuals. How is that in anyway similar to the current system which has been in effect since WWII?

They quoted BHO himself defending his executive experience "Wasilla, AK has about 50 employees, we have 2500 in our campaign". How much credit does he get by comparing his campaign to a small town? And he avoided the fact that Palin is a governor of an entire state that is 250 times the size of Delaware and has thousands of state employees.

But it is the silly season
Is this really, genuinely, the case they want to make for keeping Palin from doing interviews? Simultaneously reclusive and indignant at the lack of attention?

Look, I've certainly done my share of parroting Rushbo's hatred of the media, but when they do their job as intended, they're almost like a fourth branch of the government - the oversight branch. They're SUPPOSED to be vetting everyone and looking into everything - that's the price they pay to America for the rights they enjoy (freedom to print what they want, and the ability to charge what they want for it). They should be pissed at the secrecy (if you want to call it that). I for one think it was a last-minute, desperation move, and is probably a big "fuck you" to the other guys who wouldn't play ball. I think those other guys are pissed too...sure sounded like Pawlenty and the Mormonoid could have given less of a shit who McCain picked.

They're hiding her for all the obvious reasons. Does anyone really think there's not a single friendly, willing national media outlet that would heap praise upon her in exchange for exclusivity (cough MSNBC cough)? Let's face it - she's a huge liability if she's allowed to keep talking, because she's not even remotely close to mainstream. If they could have run a "McCain / dismembered cunt" ticket, they would have, because (and I'm not alone here) it's evident they think that would be enough to sway legions of women to their side. Palin represents the next best thing.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:36 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
and she has foreign policy experience via osmosis.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I want to separately address your comment about McCain's plan for Social Security being the same as Bush's.

This issue is not as much about substance as it is about the political will to change it.

We can all agree that the system will go broke at some point; the dispute is over when, not whether. The minimal-change solutions involve lengthening the retirement age, raising the FICA taxes or reducing benefits. A more strenuous change would be to privatize part or all of the system for new enrollees, which was the President's proposal, and which went nowhere.

This problem gets bogged down in our views about the role of government. As a Republican, my belief is that retirement is the reponsibility of the individual to provide for himself as best he can, using all the opportunities, benefits and resources available during his working life. Government can and should help those who are unable to assist themselves. But the SS system is set up to tax everyone with only minimal benefits to everyone. In other words it depends on a very broad tax base and spreads the money so thinly that those who really need the assistance don't get it sufficiently.

You can look up the candidates' proposals,but pay attention to BHO's tax solution for SS. He will raise the ceiling on the income used to calculate the FICA tax. That will tax middle income families, won't increase benefits to anyone, it will just prolong the time until the system ultimately fails? Is that real change you can believe in?

Bottomline1, I thank you for taking my question seriously because I actually looked forward to the interviewee saying something but when he dodged most of the questions I was disturbed.

I will look up both plans and read them. I think I have a bit of reading to do in the next 59 days.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
They can spin it how they want, everyone knows why the McCain campaign is "protecting" Palin from the mainstream media.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
You know guys the more time that passes the more I worry less about the runners and more about us. I think deeply about what our future will look like no matter who gets voted it. Its dim to say the least. I really am gonna be glued to the debates.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in