McCain's Campaign This Morning - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm gonna have to say a big NO... to this plan.
BTW: McCain's healthcare plan includes eliminating the employer health care deduction and granting a refundable tax credit to individuals

So, this is his plan?
A tax credit to an individual who has lost plenty of buying power over this past year..then he has to PAY for his own health insurance?
Where do I sign up! *not*

On sheltering Palin:
She is not a loose cannon. She's a dangerous cannon.
She has one of those minds that can spit words out and respond in a second.
OHHH it's gonna be a good race.
I just hope someone breaks her and she starts swearing like her kids' baby daddy!!
then storms off the podium
I'm sure it won't happen but, I'd love to see a good screw up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Which candidate isn't getting the talking points in order

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
The answer to why no interviews for Palin was the same from Davis as you stated. Because of the hostility from the media this past week, they will time her interviews to give her a fair chance. The campaign ascribes that hostility to the media's being pissed that they had no advance opportunity to vet Palin themselves. To me that seems a reasonable assessment because of the MSM's biased efforts to make Obama look good. Consider that BHO has been on the Oprah show twice, but Oprah won't have Palin until after the election--not just limited to the MSM bias, you see.
I thought she was a seasoned professional with world class experience. Yet she still has to be shielded from the media. What are they afraid of? What questions does she still need coached on? What GAPS exists that require such hiding?

The hostility [your review] from the media came from a complete lack of background on this person. No experience. And what did come out showed someone that is not all that is advertised. It is the media's job to do the public's vetting of public officials. It is what they have become. Sometimes it works in the Republican's favor, sometimes it works in the Democrat's favor. Hiding a candidate is just spineless.

Quote:
They quoted BHO himself defending his executive experience "Wasilla, AK has about 50 employees, we have 2500 in our campaign". How much credit does he get by comparing his campaign to a small town? And he avoided the fact that Palin is a governor of an entire state that is 250 times the size of Delaware and has 24000 state employees.

But it is the silly season
Has the RNC discussed exactly WHY Palin was required to hire a City Administrator during her term as Mayor to run the "executive" issues of that burgeoning office?

And exactly what does the size of Alaska have to do with anything? When the Republican's get to the point of describing her as "Governor of THE LARGEST State" we know there must not be much else to tout. So much of Alaska is tundra and moose shit, you can take all the residential and commercial areas and tuck them into any of the small "lower 48".

And you never have answered just why, if that executive experience is so damned important, why are you supporting John McCain. Apparently he is in the same boat as Obama. Actually a smaller boat. At least Obama ran Community projects prior to his political career.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post

Has the RNC discussed exactly WHY Palin was required to hire a City Administrator during her term as Mayor to run the "executive" issues of that burgeoning office?
Please do tell.

reserved.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
This is where I live. Passaic County, N.J. U.S.A. ::
12 square miles (30 km²) population. Est. 2005 499,060
so, Alaska, you ask??
Population, 2006 estimate, 670,053.

By this rationale I could be Secretary of State,,, just by residing there?? no?
I personally like the Path of Higher Education that Sarah Palin took.
5 colleges, in 6 yrs. Result: Broadcasting degree.
She's a peach! (as said by George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life")
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

^ Perfect example of why we have the college electoral process.You have to have a college ( Harvard, Yale, Princeton)education to be President?

reserved.
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
(Thread Starter)
McBear touched on some good points. It is clear who's really running in this campaign. For some reason McCain x'd himself out purposely from the presidential spot light at the moment.

The thing is he placed Palin right in harms way of public view. In doing so he has giving her to a pack of wolfs with nothing more then hype as a weapon.

The media is human too, and there are some choosing sides, but I feel like the ones that want a better nation are asking the right questions and have every right to know who our next possible president may be. I think at this point she should sit down and do a couple of interviews and not repeat everything Googliani or McCain speech writers give her. I think for the better of her own history she needs to voice her own opinions. I wouldn't be surprised if its because she herself doesn't believe in the McCain strategy.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Please do tell.
Your candidate, figure it out.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I thought she was a seasoned professional with world class experience. Yet she still has to be shielded from the media. What are they afraid of? What questions does she still need coached on? What GAPS exists that require such hiding? Hiding? She's a strong person; maybe she's just refusing.

The hostility [your review] from the media came from a complete lack of background on this person. No experience. And what did come out showed someone that is not all that is advertised. It is the media's job to do the public's vetting of public officials. It is what they have become. Sometimes it works in the Republican's favor, sometimes it works in the Democrat's favor. Hiding a candidate is just spineless. An erroneous, unsubstantiated statement.

Has the RNC discussed exactly WHY Palin was required to hire a City Administrator during her term as Mayor to run the "executive" issues of that burgeoning office? She left that office in 2002; make of it what you will.

And exactly what does the size of Alaska have to do with anything? When the Republican's get to the point of describing her as "Governor of THE LARGEST State" we know there must not be much else to tout. So much of Alaska is tundra and moose shit, you can take all the residential and commercial areas and tuck them into any of the small "lower 48". That makes managing the highway and infrastructure system an enormous task to serve the major industry of the state--oil and gas production. She promoted the new $40 billion natural gas pipeline to deliver cng to the lower 48. That is also known as "alternative fuel" to the enviros.

And you never have answered just why, if that executive experience is so damned important, why are you supporting John McCain. Apparently he is in the same boat as Obama. Actually a smaller boat. At least Obama ran Community projects prior to his political career.
I don't vote for the individual, to remind you. Party trumps person. But let's just be clear: Obama was a lone ranger as a community organizer. He didn't run anything. He was paid to agitate the poor to stand up for themselves and fight for their needs from the city government. He had no staff; he used the principles of Saul Alinsky to "organize" others. Later, he taught new disciples the same principles before he beat it to Harvard Law.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I don't vote for the individual, to remind you. The PERSON drives the PARTY Party trumps person. But let's just be clear: Obama was a lone ranger as a community organizer. He didn't run anything. Incorrect He was paid to agitate misrepresentation of job for political posturing the poor to stand up for themselves and fight for their needs from the city government. He had no staff; he used the principles of Saul Alinsky to "organize" others. Why is that wrong? It was a faith based program. Later, he taught new disciples the same principles before he beat it to Harvard Law. So when did you get your J.D from Harvard?
I can do that too. Cool.

The rationalizations you make, trying to defend are nearing epic standards.

Oh, and you might want to check into that $40 BILLION Pipeline. Apparently is grew from the $26Billion announced when AGIA was signed August 1, 2008. You might want to call Goldman Sachs [the prime consulting firm], TCA or the State of Alaska. Apparently they lost $14Billion in 36days. That is almost as bad as Bushie. Also, all cost overruns are federally guaranteed. Cool.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in