post #81 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
No. It's the slippery slope for Obama, being that he now has to answer each and every one of these allegations, regardless of their falsehoods/facts. He better have his shit together along with his rows of lawyers and political advisors, because one slip of the tongue and he'll find his presidential hopes dashed against a stone. That, my friend, is what the petitioner(s) are hoping for. A meltdown, ala Hillary.
No, he really doesn't have to address anything.

I believe this is one of those things they call SWIFTBOATING. Unproven unprovables. Just sleazing down the slippery slope.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Just for humor, why don't folks go out to thomas.loc.gov and look up S.RES.511 which was cosponsored by Obama back in April.

Some might find it enlightening and somewhat Ironic.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #83 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
If you think most voters really understand (or even care about) the political and philosophical distinctions between Hillary and Palin, I believe you're sadly mistaken. Republicans vote for Republicans because they're Republicans, black guys vote for black guys because they're black guys, and plenty of women will vote for a woman because she's a woman. I would guess that no more than 20% of American voters are well-informed and cast their votes based on issues that actually serve their best interests.
damn, thanks for dashing my hopes GS. i am sure some women will vote for mac/palin because of the woman thing but i guess i am hoping some will do what's best for them/us all and not base their vote on one non-issue. the last election however, proved your point.

Quote:
As an aside, I can't believe this moronic subject has now inspired 64 posts.
aside? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the
greater his or her need to cast blame on others. (I copied that from somewhere)
but you must have pasted it otherwise it doesn't count.

in political asylum
post #84 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
No, he really doesn't have to address anything.

I believe this is one of those things they call SWIFTBOATING. Unproven unprovables. Just sleazing down the slippery slope.
FWIW, remember the driver of the boat is a HRC supporter . . .

post #85 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 01:58 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
It's still swiftboating
post #86 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
The guy is simply an attention whore whackjob. His political affiliation is not relevant. He strikes out when things don't go HIS way, whatever that might be and whatever the aluminum foil let seep through.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #87 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I highlighted in bold all the facts you cited in your post above.
So, I take it you have not bothered, again, to look up Palin's stance on birth control. Do it, and you will find out what I stated about her is factual.

It is also factual her 17 year old daughter is pregnant. Which makes the statement about the efficacy of that birth control method in this case factual. It didn't work. Are you disputing that?

And, unless you think like Condi Rice, who, in spite of predictions of impending serious consequences, including failing levees, before the arrival of Katrina in New Orleans said on national tv after the levees did in fact fail, that "no one could have known" the levees might fail, Sarah Palin should be held responsible for any anxiety and shame her daughter is subjected to by this election cycle. It is a fact that her pregnancy would be deemed newsworthy by the media before the news broke, and it is a fact that it has been the subject of news reports since.

Like your buddy you seem to be only remotely aware of facts these days. I will concede the term "unnaturally" was subjective and descriptive in nature and could legitimately be challenged as a fact. But other than that term, the description was factual.

Jim

Last edited by JimSmith; 09-06-2008 at 02:10 PM.
post #88 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
This is getting very interesting....

Why? Is there some new fact in there? Could you point it out for us? It's a bunch of chump ass drivel just like his 9-11 lawsuit. The fact you and cmitch would put so much faith into an obvious cock sucking idiot shows the caliber of your intellect, like nothing posted here before. And these are the people that have been running this country for years - shows why a mass ass-kicking is in order for these rubes. Next thing you know, they will be claiming Iraq has WMDs or that Saddam is constructing a nuclear weapon while harboring Al Queda.

And Obama didn't "use the name" Soetoro, it's his step-father's name, and his mother put it on a document when Obama was like, 8 years old, so fuck you. The fucking idiocy of this thing shows the desperation of the far right, you guys would push any kind of bullshit to win, and after years of Swiftboat books, phony emails, Internet hoax rumors, and your Fuerhuer sending Colon Powell to give phony testimony to the UN, the big question here is not what Obama was doing when he was eight years old, the real question is why the country should believe any of the crap you guys are pushing.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 09-06-2008 at 02:36 PM.
post #89 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
So, I take it you have not bothered, again, to look up Palin's stance on birth control. Do it, and you will find out what I stated about her is factual.

It is also factual her 17 year old daughter is pregnant. Which makes the statement about the efficacy of that birth control method in this case factual. It didn't work. Are you disputing that?

And, unless you think like Condi Rice, who, in spite of predictions of impending serious consequences, including failing levees, before the arrival of Katrina in New Orleans said on national tv after the levees did in fact fail, that "no one could have known" the levees might fail, Sarah Palin should be held responsible for any anxiety and shame her daughter is subjected to by this election cycle. It is a fact that her pregnancy would be deemed newsworthy by the media before the news broke, and it is a fact that it has been the subject of news reports since.

Like your buddy you seem to be only remotely aware of facts these days. I will concede the term "unnaturally" was subjective and descriptive in nature and could legitimately be challenged as a fact. But other than that term, the description was factual.

Jim
What you fail to realize is that you are making one pregnant teenager bear the brunt of your criticism of her mother's beliefs. This is not just a tut-tut, but a full frontal assault by the media, liberals in general and inconsiderate assholes.

You ascribe to their parent-daughter relationship a certain mechanical quality that just doesn't exist in any of those relationships. No kid jumps when we say jump. Sometimes they make mistakes. Their brains are immature, by definition. Your solution is to disqualify the just say "NO" approach, provide BC tools in schools and to liberalize abortion.

What would you be left to gripe about if you knew that the daughter had access to birth control or was on the pill when she got pregnant?

You can use all your slime on the candidate, if you want, just lay off the kid.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #90 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
What you fail to realize is that you are making one pregnant teenager bear the brunt of your criticism of her mother's beliefs. This is not just a tut-tut, but a full frontal assault by the media, liberals in general and inconsiderate assholes.

You ascribe to their parent-daughter relationship a certain mechanical quality that just doesn't exist in any of those relationships. No kid jumps when we say jump. Sometimes they make mistakes. Their brains are immature, by definition. Your solution is to disqualify the just say "NO" approach, provide BC tools in schools and to liberalize abortion.

What would you be left to gripe about if you knew that the daughter had access to birth control or was on the pill when she got pregnant?

You can use all your slime on the candidate, if you want, just lay off the kid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in