post #31 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
I wish Giuliani would crawl back under his little rock with the rest of his larvae.

And you know, as well as I, that Obama is 'hands off' because any criticism of him is considered 'racist'. He'd be hacked to a million more pieces if he were white, with the same credentials.
Well, I could believe you, but picking Palin as RVP is in a silent way saying "Fuck you Obama and the millions that voted for him, we could play this race/gender game too. "

Its politics as usual. I wonder if Hillary won would they have still picked Palin. No they wouldn't of. They needed to; in their minds, even the playing field. One speech isn't enough to gain my vote. There is no doubt I have respect for McCain for his service to America, and I don't hate Palin, I just don't like what the Republicans have done to MY COUNTRY. The place I call home. Thats it. Nothing more nothing less.

Obama for President all the way. We cannot have the screwing up of our Country continue for another 4 years, we need to make the proper changes now to make our Country as strong as it was 8 to 10 years ago. Out dollar has fallen, housing market is shit, and there are more homeless, broke struggling people then ever right on our soil. So for me to even remotely support the Repoop-agains would be crazy.

The reason I now further hate Giuliani is because they are using him as a guard dog and not as a professional politician that can add to the campaign. He really feels like the shit he is saying will settle nice with the Democrats but I say this, he is only making US realize how much more important it is to make sure the Republican Party does not take office come January 2009.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
post #33 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
The fact that all you guys are all over Palin tells me you're scared shitless. If you really felt she had no chance to win and that she is a 'right wing hack with a cunt', you wouldn't be spending so much time tearing her to shreds on this forum.
Is it 'Game Over'? Only the election will decide but it's really funny to see you guys lobbing the 'she's inexperienced' bomb at her while you stand innocently whistling by Obama's side.
Although she is inexperienced--which was the main republican talking point about Barack until her selection--I don't think she's inexperienced as much as she's dim-witted. And I *am* scared to think that someone as slow as she is will hold the reins of the greatest military and economic power in the world. We've had nearly eight years of that now, and the country is falling apart in more ways than I can count.

So, the good part of me hopes McCain/Palin will lose. But the bad part of me hopes they'll win, so the republicans can deal with the mess they've made.

Last edited by Marsden; 09-04-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added the phrase "and economic"
post #34 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Although she is inexperienced--which was the main republican talking point about Barack until her selection--I don't think she's inexperienced as much as she's dim-witted. And I *am* scared to think that someone as slow as she is will hold the reins of the greatest military power in the world. We've had nearly eight years of that now, and the country is falling apart in more ways than I can count.

Exactly I feel the same way.

So, the good part of me hopes McCain/Palin will lose. But the bad part of me hopes they'll win, so the republicans can deal with the mess they've made.
No, no, they don't need another 4 years. Thats what millions of Americans thought back in 04 and look. Each year pushes us 100 years behind the mark. We need a new coach. Our team is loosing.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #35 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Lifetime Premium Member
Keep in mind though, if Barack is elected, he'll be blamed for the upcoming Depression.

And, of course, any terrorist attacks, etc etc, even if they happen before his inauguration.
post #36 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Keep in mind though, if Barack is elected, he'll be blamed for the upcoming Depression.

And, of course, any terrorist attacks, etc etc, even if they happen before his inauguration.
They'll blame him for everything absolutely. That is why, while I despised Bush, I wanted him to own his mess. You break it you buy it asshole.

My favorite quote today on the Palin speech:

"Mrs. Palin needs to be reminded that Jesus Christ was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor."
post #37 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Elitist

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyc280 View Post

"Mrs. Palin needs to be reminded that Jesus Christ was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor."
Oh THAT'S a good one!
post #38 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2005 SL 55 "k" 26K 1967 250 SL ?K 1984 500 SEC 242K http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercebman/
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
No, no, they don't need another 4 years. Thats what millions of Americans thought back in 04 and look. Each year pushes us 100 years behind the mark. We need a new coach. Our team is loosing.
Two very good points. The next president will probably serve only one term if he does the job right. To clean up this mess he will probably have to piss everybody off.
post #39 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I watched the entire speech and I agree she is a very good speaker.

Then again.........W was a good speaker during his campaigning. Ability to speak and delivering should go hand in hand. Otherwise words are just brain farts. We have witnessed that for 8 years now.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #40 of 199 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
I watched the entire speech and I agree she is a very good speaker.

Then again.........W was a good speaker during his campaigning. Ability to speak and delivering should go hand in hand. Otherwise words are just brain farts. We have witnessed that for 8 years now.
Huh???

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in